Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 112113114115116 183>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
veegirllove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote veegirllove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 9:03am
Thank you
Sponsored Links

Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 9:55am
Hi Pinke, I have some more questions. Apologies if you answered them before - and if you have could you pls direct me to the relevant pages? TIA

1)  Re the clarifying step: if you use baking soda and it itches, which I know means that you have little or no product residue on your hair, does that mean you should reduce the amount of time that you should keep it on your hair?

2)  I've also heard about people using conditioner instead of natural yoghurt for the Cherry Lola treatment. I'm considering doing this as I don't think I need much protein at the moment plus my hair is actually protein phobic LOL. Do you have any recommendations as to how much conditioner we should use for a CL or CL/caramel treatment? I may not do one when I officially start so it may be a few times a year.

3)  I have some empty bottles which contained hair products with non MHM approved ingredients which I'd like to keep my MHM conditioner and clay mixes in. Would washing them with normal (SLS) shampoo get rid of the no-no ingredients - and would it leave any SLS residue inside the bottle?

4)  Just wondering why the hair clumps together at the ends first? I'd thought it would clump at the roots first, being that the hair is new and could be less prone to damage?

Thanks

Edited by Loves2Laugh - Jun 20 2014 at 9:56am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 9:58am
I know that oils can be added into conditioner and water mix, clay and used with the botanical gel. However, will it affect the MHM if I apply them direct to my scalp, either during the 5 step routine or between washes (eg before I go to bed?)  I've used them as overnight prepoos, in conditioner mixes, clay mixes and leave-in products. I apply them to my scalp as well in prepoos and after washing the final rinse out product out.

- EVOO
- Argan Oil
- Jojoba
- Extra Dark JBCO*
- Sunny Isle Pimento oil which also contains JBCO, Grape seed oil, Peppermint oil, Eucalyptus oil,*
- I may also experiment with other things like garlic (raw), msm or sulphur - not in steps 4 or 5 though

*Castor oil drys out my hair - I try to keep it off my hair unless I'm using it as a prepoo or something that's going to be washed out of my hair, but it tends to spread.

Edited by Loves2Laugh - Jun 20 2014 at 9:59am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 10:01am
 Waveyrus - re your pics on p.48 - wow, amazing how much curl definition you were able to achieve in such a short space of time Clap. I hope you don't mind me asking. do you have dense hair or thick hair strands? And also how is long is your hair? I am wondering as I'm trying to work out how my hair will look when I start MHM properly. I have fine strands and I'm guessing low or normal density BTW.

UK ladies: does anyone know of anywhere I can buy Rhassoul at a good price? I'm willing to buy mail order if  P&P is reasonable.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 10:03am
Pinke: I hope this question about the ladies who's pics you posted on p.34 with low porosity hair doesn't sound doesn't sound disrespectful to them - but do you think their hair could be improved with MHM? The reason I'm asking this is because when  I managed to achieve shine on my natural hair last year the shine was unbelievable. My coils were bigger and I had defined waves when my hair was in braids... It had me doubting that I was any type of 4, let alone a 4c! Now I know that hydrated low porosity hair has that shine, I'm confused because they didn't appear to be that shiny. Or was it that their hair was hydrated but the pics just didn't capture it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 10:06am
Re itching:

I also have itching when I baggy (GHE?) overnight. This only started last year when I tried a 'natural' product - although this might be a coincidence. Before then I could baggy night and day.

So, I thought it might be something to do with the temperature; germs, bacteria etc thrive in warm, moist environments (correct me if I'm wrong) and can be killed with heat.

Baggying makes the environment inside my baggy warm, but my current heating cap is hot and I don't get the itching when I use it.

Come to think of it, the last time I used it I switched if off after 30 minutes but didn't take it off. So when it cooled down and became warm the itching started. However, I took the baggy and hearing cap off and stood by an open window. The itching the stopped as soon as my head cooled down.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 10:07am
Pinkecube, re not being able to edit the first page, is it still possible to put new info in your siggy? If so, how about writing something like "Revised MHM p.72" in it.  That way whenever anyone sees your posts they'll know where to look for the latest regimen.

ETA This is assuming that we can still add words to our signature, this forum has changed a lot since I joined it.

Edited by Loves2Laugh - Jun 20 2014 at 10:08am
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Loves2Laugh Loves2Laugh wrote:

Pinkecube, re not being able to edit the first page, is it still possible to put new info in your siggy? If so, how about writing something like "Revised MHM p.72" in it.  That way whenever anyone sees your posts they'll know where to look for the latest regimen.

ETA This is assuming that we can still add words to our signature, this forum has changed a lot since I joined it.

I tried it before but it didn't work. I'm trying it again so let's see if it shows up with this reply.

Edit: Yeah, it didn't work. I could manually paste it under each comment I make, like:

Link to the full Revised MHM Regimen (also on page 72):

http://www.msdeekay.com/the-maximum-hydration-method/the-maximum-hydration-method-regimen/

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 20 2014 at 10:15am
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 10:54am

Hi Pinke, I have some more questions. Apologies if you answered them before - and if you have could you pls direct me to the relevant pages? TIA

1)  Re the clarifying step: if you use baking soda and it itches, which I know means that you have little or no product residue on your hair, does that mean you should reduce the amount of time that you should keep it on your hair?

2)  I've also heard about people using conditioner instead of natural yoghurt for the Cherry Lola treatment. I'm considering doing this as I don't think I need much protein at the moment plus my hair is actually protein phobic LOL. Do you have any recommendations as to how much conditioner we should use for a CL or CL/caramel treatment? I may not do one when I officially start so it may be a few times a year.

3)  I have some empty bottles which contained hair products with non MHM approved ingredients which I'd like to keep my MHM conditioner and clay mixes in. Would washing them with normal (SLS) shampoo get rid of the no-no ingredients - and would it leave any SLS residue inside the bottle?

4)  Just wondering why the hair clumps together at the ends first? I'd thought it would clump at the roots first, being that the hair is new and could be less prone to damage?

Thanks

1. If the bakingsoda step itches it could be because of the amount of time. Or you can reduce the amount of bakingsoda. but if your head itches whenever you bag your hair for awhile, you can give the heating cap a shot. Or hooded dryer. Steamer i'm still skeptical about, unless you are wearing a cap under it.

2. If you use conditioner you are going to have to eye it. I feel maybe 2 ounces would work.

3. I wouldn't worry about all that, you could rinse it out with some super hot water and regular dish soap.

4. Not sure, that's just the way it happens. I know that one of the first things you notice is it is easy to get to your scalp, and you may start feeling coils at the roots. But exactly why it clumps at the tips? It would be the same reason why most people do wash and goes and only get definition at the tips if any.

I know that oils can be added into conditioner and water mix, clay and used with the botanical gel. However, will it affect the MHM if I apply them direct to my scalp, either during the 5 step routine or between washes (eg before I go to bed?)  I've used them as overnight prepoos, in conditioner mixes, clay mixes and leave-in products. I apply them to my scalp as well in prepoos and after washing the final rinse out product out.

- EVOO
- Argan Oil
- Jojoba
- Extra Dark JBCO*
- Sunny Isle Pimento oil which also contains JBCO, Grape seed oil, Peppermint oil, Eucalyptus oil,*
- I may also experiment with other things like garlic (raw), msm or sulphur - not in steps 4 or 5 though

*Castor oil drys out my hair - I try to keep it off my hair unless I'm using it as a prepoo or something that's going to be washed out of my hair, but it tends to spread.

Absolutely no problem with that. Just make sure it is getting clarified as well. You may not put step 1 on your scalp, but try to get the clay on your scalp.

Pinke: I hope this question about the ladies who's pics you posted on p.34 with low porosity hair doesn't sound doesn't sound disrespectful to them - but do you think their hair could be improved with MHM? The reason I'm asking this is because when  I managed to achieve shine on my natural hair last year the shine was unbelievable. My coils were bigger and I had defined waves when my hair was in braids... It had me doubting that I was any type of 4, let alone a 4c! Now I know that hydrated low porosity hair has that shine, I'm confused because they didn't appear to be that shiny. Or was it that their hair was hydrated but the pics just didn't capture it?

No those ladies don't have hydrated hair like most low porosity naturals. That was to illustrate that most people with this level of shine believe their hair is high porosity, where as high porous naturals tend to have more shine, because shine is determined by the amount of kinks you have

Yes, that improves with max hydration.

Re itching:

I also have itching when I baggy (GHE?) overnight. This only started last year when I tried a 'natural' product - although this might be a coincidence. Before then I could baggy night and day.

So, I thought it might be something to do with the temperature; germs, bacteria etc thrive in warm, moist environments (correct me if I'm wrong) and can be killed with heat.

Baggying makes the environment inside my baggy warm, but my current heating cap is hot and I don't get the itching when I use it.

Come to think of it, the last time I used it I switched if off after 30 minutes but didn't take it off. So when it cooled down and became warm the itching started. However, I took the baggy and hearing cap off and stood by an open window. The itching the stopped as soon as my head cooled down.

use the heating cap overnight, yes it gets rid of the itching. Applying a light oil (maybe jojoba) mixed with antimicrobial oils like tea tree or grape seed may help. You can even use african wild growth oil if you find success with the mix. I know oil must have helped me to be able to GHE for 3 months straight. Maybe your scalp feels itchy but might not if oil is applied. I don't seem to have much problems ghe overnight though. And even doing it for a few days. Maybe an itch by the second day but that happened when I wore the same cap for a while, and the edge of the cap was what itched me. Getting a shower cap that is actually anti microbial may help this. Since they are meant to be reused.

http://www.amazon.com/Shower-Mold-Resistant-Sage-AH6030S/dp/B003PWV05Y/ref=sr_1_10?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1401718632&sr=1-10&keywords=Mold+Resistant+Shower+Cap

It seems its unavailable but found it here:

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Shower-Cap-Mold-Resistant-Antibacterial-AH6030S/49653771?gpid=41279011981&gpkwd=&goog_pla=1&gclid=CIKj74PpiL8CFabm7AodLkAA0A

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 20 2014 at 10:59am
FaNcee NATURAL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FaNcee NATURAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 11:44am
Just did my first Cherry Lola Caramel last night after doing steps 1-5 for 3 days and my hair is soft but I lost the beginnings of my curl definition and separation. Is that normal? Today, im ib the process of doing steps 1-6, using the baking soda option for step 1. Also my hair strands seem ti shrink up more than normal. Thanks you guys for all your input!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 112113114115116 183>
  Share Topic