Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111112113114115 187>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrolistic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrolistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 2:37pm
Hello beautiful people any new update on this treatment
Sponsored Links

ochoaaaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ochoaaaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 2:44pm
day two for me. i decided to do the whole routine in the morning which was not a great idea. i definitely recommend doing the cleanse and the conditioning the night before. i feel like i spent the whole morning in the bathroom! 

as for the actual results: my hair loved the acv rinse. the stiff feeling remains but i have theory about it. when i first started using terressentials i was surprised that i didn't get the sticky feeling others reported but i chalked that up to me only using trader joe's tea tree tingle and oil on my hair for a long time. what i now think was really going on was that the mud wash wasn't properly penetrating my hair. i think the combination of the baking soda lifting my hair's cuticles, the acv, and the terressentials is bringing up all those chemicals and waxes that have been stuck on my hair for years. woohoo!

one thing i've noticed today is that my curls are less defined than they were after the cherry lola treatment. i was skeptical about alternating the acv rinse with the baking soda but now i think i'll need to. i'm still figuring out the amount of gel i should use, and also how to apply it. i twisted up each section as i applied the leave in and gel and i think that may have also contributed to less defined curls. 

thanks for the compliment, ambercolour! and thanks for the welcome, pinke. Embarrassed

here's a picture of my hair today. less definition but much much better than my before pic

Edited by ochoaaaa - Jun 19 2014 at 3:15pm
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 3:25pm
Hi everyone. I'm a friend of NaturalTash1 and I just finished wash 11 last night. I'm currently washing every other day. I'm not fully doing the regimen because I'm using up some products. As I finish them off I will replace them with MHM friendly products.

I plan on taking pictures every 7 washes so hope to have an update picture next week.
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

Hi everyone. I'm a friend of NaturalTash1 and I just finished wash 11 last night. I'm currently washing every other day. I'm not fully doing the regimen because I'm using up some products. As I finish them off I will replace them with MHM friendly products.

I plan on taking pictures every 7 washes so hope to have an update picture next week.
DenzKoils I'm so happy that you've finally joined the forum with me Clap.
kwicherbichen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 7:45pm
Finally getting max hydration at the back of my head. The back of my head is 4B mixed with some 4A while the front and sides are 4C. For the first time in my life, I can shake my head and feel the hairs moving! At the back, anyway. Got AMAZING definition during clay rinse at the nape today. Very excited to keep up the progress... I want to see the 4C hairs (75% of my head) catch up.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by kwicherbichen kwicherbichen wrote:

Finally getting max hydration at the back of my head. The back of my head is 4B mixed with some 4A while the front and sides are 4C. For the first time in my life, I can shake my head and feel the hairs moving! At the back, anyway. Got AMAZING definition during clay rinse at the nape today. Very excited to keep up the progress... I want to see the 4C hairs (75% of my head) catch up.

Yes!ClapBig smileThumbs Up I'm glad to hear that!!
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

Hi DenzKoils, welcome to MHM!Smile

@Naturaltash Thumbs Up for spreading the word to friends!
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by ochoaaaa ochoaaaa wrote:

day two for me. i decided to do the whole routine in the morning which was not a great idea. i definitely recommend doing the cleanse and the conditioning the night before. i feel like i spent the whole morning in the bathroom! 

as for the actual results: my hair loved the acv rinse. the stiff feeling remains but i have theory about it. when i first started using terressentials i was surprised that i didn't get the sticky feeling others reported but i chalked that up to me only using trader joe's tea tree tingle and oil on my hair for a long time. what i now think was really going on was that the mud wash wasn't properly penetrating my hair. i think the combination of the baking soda lifting my hair's cuticles, the acv, and the terressentials is bringing up all those chemicals and waxes that have been stuck on my hair for years. woohoo!

one thing i've noticed today is that my curls are less defined than they were after the cherry lola treatment. i was skeptical about alternating the acv rinse with the baking soda but now i think i'll need to. i'm still figuring out the amount of gel i should use, and also how to apply it. i twisted up each section as i applied the leave in and gel and i think that may have also contributed to less defined curls. 

thanks for the compliment, ambercolour! and thanks for the welcome, pinke. Embarrassed

here's a picture of my hair today. less definition but much much better than my before pic

Thanks for the progress update, ochoaaaa! Smile Keep experimenting with the clarifying options, to see how often you want to alternate or whether you will switch to the bakingsoda. yes I do recommend splitting the regimen in two.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Acdhair09 Acdhair09 wrote:

Hi I have been transitioning again after growing my relaxed hair to about apl. I had a major setback with a bad blowout and now I'm going natural again. This time for good. I want to participate in this challenge. I'll get the ingredients this weekend and hopefully post a pic.

Hi Acdhair welcome to the MHM journey! SmileWould love to see a b4 and after pic of this method on transitioning hair!
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by veegirllove veegirllove wrote:

Hi again Pinke..i found another gel
I hope its not to much trouble..thank you
Mandarin Magic Ginkgo Leaf & Ginseng Root Hair Moisturizing Jelly. INGREDIENTS: Water, Panthenol (Vitamin B-5), Aloe Vera Gel, Tragacanth and Gum Arabic Blend, Ginkgo Leaf, Ginseng Root, Chinese Magnolia Blossoms, Chinese Angelica, Chrysanthemum, Earth Smoke, Morus Root, Mandarin Orange Peel, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

Hi veegirllove,Smile just going to bold the problem ingredients below:

No-No's

Aubrey B5 Design Gel
Ingredients: INCI: Aqua, aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, panthenol (vitamin B-5), acacia gum*, astragalus gummifer gum (tragacanth), rosa rubiginosa (Rosa Mosqueta®) rose hip seed oil*, inositol, methionine, cysteine, aesculus hippocastanum (horse chestnut) extract, equisetum hyemale (horsetail) extract, tussilago farfara (coltsfoot) extract, urtica dioica (nettle) extract, linoleic acid, biotin, glycerin, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, alcohol denat. (38b, lavender*), tocopheryl acetate, hamamelis virginiana water, ascorbic acid, glycine soja (soybean) oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, beta-carotene, myroxylon balsamum (balsam) oil, citrus sinensis (sweet orange) oil*. *Organic

Mandarin Magic Ginkgo Leaf & Ginseng Root Hair Moisturizing Jelly.
Ingredients were actually changed for this product:
UPDATED INGREDIENTS 09/05/2012:
Aqua, alcohol denat, (38b lavender), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, hydrolyzed guar, astragalus gummifer gum, glycerin, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, rosa mosqueta (rose hip) seed oil, panthenol, pelargonium graveolens flower oil, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, ascorbic acid, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, panax gensing root extract, tocopheryl acetate, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, chrysanthemum sinese flower extract, Magnolia biondi bud/flower extract, angelica archangelica root extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, beta cartotene, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root, tocopherol

Camilla Rose Almond Jai Butter: okay

ingredients:
deionized water, behentrimonium methosulfate (btms)(this quat salt is high on the list, which wouldn't be ideal) cetearyl alcohol, prunus dulcis (almond) milk, prunus dulcis (almond) oil, cucurbita pepo (pumpkin) seed oil, sesamum indicum (sesame) seed oil, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, oryza sativa (rice) bran oil, macadamia ternifolia (macadamia nut) seed oil, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, cannabis sativa (hemp) seed oil, ulmus fulva bark extract (slippery elm), ricinus communis (castor) seed oil/hydrogenated, aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice, honey, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, sorbic acid, scent and love![/QUOTE]

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 19 2014 at 9:49pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111112113114115 187>