Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 109110111112113 244>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DominicanMorenita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 11:20am

Pinkie.. In 2012 I went to Dominican Republic to get my hair relaxed since in florida they messed up my hair I decided going twice a year to my country to get relaxer,,, Three month after getting my hair relaxed in Dominican Republic, my hair started to fall out... When it was 6 month after the relaxer I called my stylist in Dominican Republic and she told it was falling out because It was time for my relaxer, so she adviced a texturizer... My hair stop falling after a treatment  she sent me from Dominican Republic... The texturizer left my hair dry so in November 2013 I dicided to go natural and started using olive oil formerly organic root stimulator shampoo and their replenishing and leave in... I was making the mistake of having my hair blow dry  (the Dominican way) to match my roots with my relaxed ends and one day sectioning my hair I discovered my bald spot , that in January of this year and I went to the dr. and told to keep look to see I have another one and yes I had it... one on the crow and one on the back of my...

I been using a lot of products trying to find the right one for me... olive oil from ORS was ok but I did not want silicone on my hair ... So I used  SHEA MOISTURE AFRICAN BLACK BALANCIN CONDITIONER, stopped using it it was leaving my hair dry... So I switch to SHEA MOISTU YUCA AND BABOAB THICKENING GROWTH MIL, stopped using it, it was drying my hair out.... I was looking for conditioner that says natural, so I bought cantu shea leave in (Made my hair feel hard) and I switch to KINKY CURLY KNO TODAY  and used it with JANE CARTER REPLENISHING CONDITIONER ( did not like how my hair feel, hard and dry the second day hair) so I switch to Giovanni DEEP TRIPPLE CONDITIONER AND THE TEA TREA  CONDITIONER (the TEA TREE CONDITIONER FORM GIOVANNI MADE MY HAIR DRY)  so I use the DEEP TRIPPLE CONDITIONER AND KCKT which was the best for my hair ,,, I made my hair soft and shiny and then I came across with a video on you tube with someone named josoo or josono I don't remember and she was taking about your page and then I decide to give it try which it has been wonderful so far except for the gel which made my hair crunchy and now my bald spot that is swollen, but I want to keep doing this method... So I appreciate all the help you can give me... Go bless...!!! thanks... Please forgive my English..lol

(, and JANE CARTER
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 11:23am
PINKE I forget that was using TRESEMME NATURAL THE ONE WITH ALOE VERA AND AVOCADO.... CASTOR OIL AT NIGHT ... GINGER AND ONION JUICE THREE TIMES A WEEK... OLIVE OIL FOR PREPOO.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 11:30am
I HAVE NEVER WEAR BRAIDS OR WAVE... BUT I WAS Straightening , THAT WAS MY STYLE, STRAIGHT HAIR I STOPPED Straightening MY HAIR WHEN I DISCOVERED THE BALD SPOT AND THEN I STARTED DOING BRAID OUT EVERY 4 DAYS .. I DECIDED TO CUT ALL MY RELAXED HAIR BECAUSE IT WAS TAKING ME 2 HOURS TO DETANGLE BECAUSE I COULD NOT FIND A PRODUCT TO DEAL WITH THE TWO TEXTURES... I JUST LEFT A LITTLE BIT OF RELAXED ENDES IN THE FRONT OF MY HAIR...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 11:31am
SORRY FOR ALL THESE POSTS.... LOL
ochoaaaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ochoaaaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 12:04pm
first time poster here! i came upon the cherry lola treatment randomly on youtube and was immediately interested. the one thing i was concerned abt was all the protein. i consider my hair protein sensitive so the idea of doing an intense (to me!) protein treatment was a little scary. i was scared of overloading on protein but the results the cherry lola treatment promised seemed worth the risk. as i was researching, i came upon videos on youtube about the max hydration method and this thread. feeling like i had to try something, i bought everything but the yogurt and applied the cherry lola treatment (with trader joe's ttt instead of yogurt) yesterday. i rinsed it out and applied kckt with a ton of honey for an overnight deep condition. i rinsed that out this morning and... was disappointed lol. my hair felt stiff (although not dry). i was thinking of calling it a loss, but it just felt so stiff that i thought it was better to cleanse again with my terressentials. i did that and applied the leave in and gel. wow. my curls are amazing. i've never ever ever seen my hair like this. i've never been able to just let my hair sit out. it looks hydrated, it feels hydrated!! i definitely still have frizz but it's lessened dramatically. my hair is out right now. i feel the weight of it on my neck, shoulders, and back. i'm so happy. i'm definitely continuing with the 7 day challenge. thank you so much pinkecube

my hair before. frizzzzzzzy.

my hair right now Heart

AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 1:38pm

Beautiful results! ^
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by DominicanMorenita DominicanMorenita wrote:

Pinkie.. In 2012 I went to Dominican Republic to get my hair relaxed since in florida they messed up my hair I decided going twice a year to my country to get relaxer,,, Three month after getting my hair relaxed in Dominican Republic, my hair started to fall out... When it was 6 month after the relaxer I called my stylist in Dominican Republic and she told it was falling out because It was time for my relaxer, so she adviced a texturizer... My hair stop falling after a treatment  she sent me from Dominican Republic... The texturizer left my hair dry so in November 2013 I dicided to go natural and started using olive oil formerly organic root stimulator shampoo and their replenishing and leave in... I was making the mistake of having my hair blow dry  (the Dominican way) to match my roots with my relaxed ends and one day sectioning my hair I discovered my bald spot , that in January of this year and I went to the dr. and told to keep look to see I have another one and yes I had it... one on the crow and one on the back of my...

I been using a lot of products trying to find the right one for me... olive oil from ORS was ok but I did not want silicone on my hair ... So I used  SHEA MOISTURE AFRICAN BLACK BALANCIN CONDITIONER, stopped using it it was leaving my hair dry... So I switch to SHEA MOISTU YUCA AND BABOAB THICKENING GROWTH MIL, stopped using it, it was drying my hair out.... I was looking for conditioner that says natural, so I bought cantu shea leave in (Made my hair feel hard) and I switch to KINKY CURLY KNO TODAY  and used it with JANE CARTER REPLENISHING CONDITIONER ( did not like how my hair feel, hard and dry the second day hair) so I switch to Giovanni DEEP TRIPPLE CONDITIONER AND THE TEA TREA  CONDITIONER (the TEA TREE CONDITIONER FORM GIOVANNI MADE MY HAIR DRY)  so I use the DEEP TRIPPLE CONDITIONER AND KCKT which was the best for my hair ,,, I made my hair soft and shiny and then I came across with a video on you tube with someone named josoo or josono I don't remember and she was taking about your page and then I decide to give it try which it has been wonderful so far except for the gel which made my hair crunchy and now my bald spot that is swollen, but I want to keep doing this method... So I appreciate all the help you can give me... Go bless...!!! thanks... Please forgive my English..lol

(, and JANE CARTER

Well from when your hair had been falling out, that was due to your hair overprocessing or just being too fine stranded for whatever strength of relaxer you used that time. But if your hair is fine, there is not going to be a time when you would use that particular strength of relaxer that caused you breakage, and not get breakage. There's no such thing as hair breaking because it was your first time relaxing, the stylist was incorrect. It is because they either overprocessed you or it was too strong for the fineness of your hair strands. So that would be why the texturizer didn't break your hair, since its a lesser strength relaxer. But this bald spot occured after relaxing, right? even when you had breakage from the relaxer, there was no baldness untill around the time of straightening? Is that baldspot completely smooth with no follicles showing, or can you still see some fuzz there? If your hair is fine enough to break from relaxer, straightening is not ideal. However, if the baldspot is complely smooth and you didn't see a lot of hair come out, i would also be suspicious of the products you were using and their contribution.

I know a couple of your main products you said you used while you were straightening and first saw the bald spot have the ingredient that gave me bald spots in it. I know when ever i used a gel that contained that ingredient my bald spot got bigger. Not to mention they were just extremely drying with drying ingredients.

olive oil formerly organic root stimulator shampoo
Water Aqua, Cocamidopropyldimethylamine Propionate, Trideceth-7 Carboxylic Acid, PPG-5-Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Lauramide Glucoside, Lauryl Glucoside, Polyquaternium-10, Cocoglucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Disodiium EDTA, Olive Oil Olea Europaea, Cetrimonium Carboxydecyl, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Sulfated Castor Oil, Lecithin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Oleate, Silicone Quaternium-2, Panthenol Succinate, Fragrance Parfum, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-7, Cocamide MEA, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Triethanolamine(this is the ingredient that gave me bald spots), DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Paraben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Green No. 3 Cl 42053 , Yellow No. 5 Cl 19140

Olive oil root stimulator leave in
Water, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Glycerin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Quaternium 80, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citral , D Limonene, Linalool, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate , Dicaprate, PPG 1 Trideceth 6, Panthenol, Silk Amino Acids, PEG 9 Dimethicone, Anthemis Nobilis Extract (Chamomile), Salvia Officinalis Extract (Sage), Urtica Dioica Extract (Nettle), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Achilea Millefolium Extract (Yarrow), Actinidia Chinensis Fruit Juice (Kiwi), Dimethicone, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, EDTA, Triethanolamine(this is the ingredient that gave me bald spots), DMDM Hydantoin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Yellow 6CI 15985, Yellow 5CI 19140

Well for the crunchiness of the gel its going to take some trial and error. So pay attention to how you are applying the leave in step.

Now how long has the bald spot been swollen? was it that way from the beginning or getting swollen now? I know the area that was bald felt tender to the touch. Not swelled up, but it did feel tender and stung just slightly to the touch.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 18 2014 at 4:48pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by ochoaaaa ochoaaaa wrote:

first time poster here! i came upon the cherry lola treatment randomly on youtube and was immediately interested. the one thing i was concerned abt was all the protein. i consider my hair protein sensitive so the idea of doing an intense (to me!) protein treatment was a little scary. i was scared of overloading on protein but the results the cherry lola treatment promised seemed worth the risk. as i was researching, i came upon videos on youtube about the max hydration method and this thread. feeling like i had to try something, i bought everything but the yogurt and applied the cherry lola treatment (with trader joe's ttt instead of yogurt) yesterday. i rinsed it out and applied kckt with a ton of honey for an overnight deep condition. i rinsed that out this morning and... was disappointed lol. my hair felt stiff (although not dry). i was thinking of calling it a loss, but it just felt so stiff that i thought it was better to cleanse again with my terressentials. i did that and applied the leave in and gel. wow. my curls are amazing. i've never ever ever seen my hair like this. i've never been able to just let my hair sit out. it looks hydrated, it feels hydrated!! i definitely still have frizz but it's lessened dramatically. my hair is out right now. i feel the weight of it on my neck, shoulders, and back. i'm so happy. i'm definitely continuing with the 7 day challenge. thank you so much pinkecube

Hi ochoaaaa, Welcome to the forum and MHM!Smile Thanks for sharing your results and pictures! Your hair looks great! Yeah, the protein is milder a protein. Plus animal proteins are milder since the molecules are too big to really absorb into your hair. Your welcome, i'm glad you enjoyed your results! Eventually when you get max hydration, those frizzy areas will go, and your hair will start to get r2t definition before you even put product.
pRiNCesSChANeL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 4:55pm
thanks for your help msdeekay!!! i will definitely ditch the as i am product and go pick up something better! 

please excuse me if this was asked before as i am still trying to read through the wholeeee thread but i will be doing the baking soda  clarifying treatment.. now the measurements that are given, is that ALLLLL i need even though i have so much hair? or do i use those measurements times one or two times to make enough for my whole head?

i am excited to see some better results with my hair b/c what i have seen so far is promising!! when i do the proper treatments i will definitely be back with results!

OH YEA!
and for the price of these leave in/conditioners.... how long are they lasting you all per bottle? like will i be running out to beta new bottle of kckt every 2 weeks???
pRiNCesSChANeL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 5:04pm
a couple more questions i just thought of!

nvm on the first question. I'm so dumb. lmao

also, when you guys apply your conditioner/leave in are you using the applicator bottle with the tip or a spray bottle? which is easier?

Edited by pRiNCesSChANeL - Jun 18 2014 at 5:05pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style