Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 105106107108109 196>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Yes pinke I am the one who does my hair in one go on the weekdays. I do have a heat cap which I do use during steps 1 and steps 2. I did try leaving every step in longer on the weekends. Last weekend I left the clarifying step in for 2 hours then after that I DC'd overnite but I didn't sleep in my heat cap. I then went to step 3 and I left that in for 2 hours as well. Some of my looser texture are already hydrated but my 4b hair is so stubborn! It must not like moisture at all LOL.  I still didn't see any extra curls hydrated after dc'in overnite or leaving each step in longer. When the clay is in my hair, my curls look well defined, but once I rinse the clay out, most of my curls go bye bye LOL. However, I'm not going to give up cuz maybe it'll just take longer for me since my hair wasn't in its optimal condition to begin with. I could pm u some pics if you would like to see where I'm at so far. I'm planning on doing my hair tonight so I could take pics. Just let me no which stage that u want to see my hair like wet with no product, with clay, after clay, or after steps 4 & 5 or once steps 4 & 5 are dry (which probably won't be dry until tomorrow).

well, it will take time them. So if you are doing the steps in one go, are you steaming or just warming your conditioner? Maybe you need something to give more heat like a thermal heating cap or steamer. I slept overnight in a thermal heating cap just 2 days ago. My hair definitely felt softer and also like it absorbed more moisture, so maybe using it and doing it longer one would help you see results a bit quicker. I'd like to see how your hair looks with no product after the clay rinse(wet) and also what it looks like in a wash and go(wet and dry), and what it looks like with the clay rinse on.

I know the driest areas i had were the last to respond, but they were also the shortest(near my edges). But they get there by being keeping at it.
I'm not steaming nor warming my conditioner. Should I be warming my conditioner before applying my thermal heat cap? Maybe that's the problem.  I normally apply the conditioner without heating it up then use my heat cap for 1 hr during the weekday. I have a fancy steamer, but it doesn't seem to do anything for my hair. There isn't any major difference when I use my steamer which is why it's collecting dust in the corner of my bedroom. This weekend I will sleep in my thermal heat cap to see if that'll make a difference. I will take some pics for u today, but the only one I won't have is the dry wash and go cuz my hair will still be wet in morning LOL.

Yes, try doing that and see what happens there. Thumbs UpAlright, that's fine Smile
Sponsored Links

Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by coiffedcoils coiffedcoils wrote:

Are there any other ladies with APL hair or longer who are doing the MHM regimen? I'm just wondering if its taking the ladies with longer length a longer time to get their strands to hydrate. My hair is full APL almost BSL and it seems like its taking my strands a long time to hydrate. I am getting some of my strands to hydrate, but it's definitely isn't as fast as msdeekay or pinkecube's hair. So far, I've been doing this regimen for 1 month and 2 weeks. I'm just curious to hear feedback from ladies with longer hair. I'm not sure if its just my hair or not. Any type of feedback would be greatly appreciated. Pinkecube feel free to chime in as well. Thx Big smile
Hmm, I have not been having problems with hydrated curls after the clay step and I'm definitely longer than apl(save for the top layer of my hair). However, I was doing the curly girl method(modified) for the majority of my hair journey... before I began to pay attention to ph and do mhm. 
The fact that your hair is defined with the clay in it, is a good sign. My hair was somewhat defined with the clay in it at the beginning and just looked like its normal undefined texture after I rinsed. It wasn't until I was more thorough with the application that I noticed better results. I also don't leave the clay or the bs in my hair long. If I do that, I just run into problems...15-20 minutes tops.
Not sure if that helps any, but I thought I'd give some feed back.
Thank you for responding. I think I just may have a ways to go since my hair is so dehydrated. So far it's looking like it's just me who's moving at a snail pace with my hydration Cry.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 3:42pm

Originally posted by coiffedcoils coiffedcoils wrote:

Are there any other ladies with APL hair or longer who are doing the MHM regimen? I'm just wondering if its taking the ladies with longer length a longer time to get their strands to hydrate. My hair is full APL almost BSL and it seems like its taking my strands a long time to hydrate. I am getting some of my strands to hydrate, but it's definitely isn't as fast as msdeekay or pinkecube's hair. So far, I've been doing this regimen for 1 month and 2 weeks. I'm just curious to hear feedback from ladies with longer hair. I'm not sure if its just my hair or not. Any type of feedback would be greatly appreciated. Pinkecube feel free to chime in as well. Thx Big smile
Hmm, I have not been having problems with hydrated curls after the clay step and I'm definitely longer than apl(save for the top layer of my hair). However, I was doing the curly girl method(modified) for the majority of my hair journey... before I began to pay attention to ph and do mhm. 
The fact that your hair is defined with the clay in it, is a good sign. My hair was somewhat defined with the clay in it at the beginning and just looked like its normal undefined texture after I rinsed. It wasn't until I was more thorough with the application that I noticed better results. I also don't leave the clay or the bs in my hair long. If I do that, I just run into problems...15-20 minutes tops.
Not sure if that helps any, but I thought I'd give some feed back.
Thank you for responding. I think I just may have a ways to go since my hair is so dehydrated. So far it's looking like it's just me who's moving at a snail pace with my hydration Cry.

Its okay, naturaltash you'll get there. I'm almost 4 months in, so i wouldn't rush it. There will be points you will feel like your hair is stagnant(i've had those moments) but just keep at it. I'm still gonna look up aketafitgirl too and see what her timing was.
veegirllove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote veegirllove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 3:44pm
Hi..i read on danabnaturals video that it took aketafitgirl 8 months to reach maximun hydration.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by veegirllove veegirllove wrote:

Hi..i read on danabnaturals video that it took aketafitgirl 8 months to reach maximun hydration.
thank you veegirllove.Smile So yeah it takes doing it consistently for awhile. As for clumping some ppl may get it before max hydration is reached and some won't.

Afro Angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Afro Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 5:18pm
Hi Afrolistic, welcome to MHM regimen I live in Austria and I also understand how difficult it is to get most of These products. The best Option is to Order online as msdeekay said but you can still get molasses from any health stores(Reform haus) around.It`s called 'MELASSÈ'in German just make sure it`s ZUckerrohrmelasse.
**** note that iherb` prices are low but has a shipping restrictions to Germany and Austria which is currently limited to Inter.Airmail,takes approx. 21 days , no tracking no, must be less than $80 and will weigh less than i814grams( no tracking , non refundable but reliable)
You can also check out the Kccc &kckt on megorgeous.nl their Prices are relatively low compared to Amazone.de
Afro Angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afro Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by afrolistic afrolistic wrote:

Hello to you all.i am from germany so my english is not good.do forgive me for any errors.i came here bcos i am frustrated with my natural hair.i went to watch videos on youtube about low porosity hair dat how i ended here.i want to join the method. Have already ordered my product to start. Kckt, kccc and tresemmie radiant volume. Guess dey are all aproved. For da cherry lola i cant seem to find amino acid and molases in where i live in germany.we have to order pretty much everything. The product i mentionend already cost me 60euros. So i want to ask can i do the cherry lola without da amino acid and molases? I am not reali interested in the curls but i want my hair to retain moisture and me moisturized.hope u all help me
bohomojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bohomojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 6:29pm
Okay so I am in panic mode.... the clay rinse wont rinse out........ My relaxed strands are fine but my roots and scalp are gray. I can still see buildup on my scalp and the clay just masked over it even more. I am using the same clay as msdeekay and the same consistency/mixture as her. I don't know what to do to get it out of my roots. WHen I scratch a couple strands of hair some of it comes out. It's  like an overcast of gray on my roots and scalp. what can I do?
kwicherbichen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 6:34pm
Naturaltash,
How are you applying the products in each step? You will notice better results if you literally go through row by row and apply EVERY product root to tip in small, thin sections. 

Pinke
Question about clay -- how diluted can the clay be? Does the clay always need to be muddy or can it be watery?

Also yes, love Dee's video and posted it on the facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/maxhydrationmethod
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by kwicherbichen kwicherbichen wrote:

Naturaltash,
How are you applying the products in each step? You will notice better results if you literally go through row by row and apply EVERY product root to tip in small, thin sections. 

Pinke
Question about clay -- how diluted can the clay be? Does the clay always need to be muddy or can it be watery?

Also yes, love Dee's video and posted it on the facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/maxhydrationmethod
I apply each application like I'm applying a relaxer. I section my hair off into 4 sections then within each section I break each one down into even smaller sections and apply my products. So that each strand is getting product on it.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 105106107108109 196>
  Share Topic