Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 104105106107108 258>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DominicanMorenita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 1:27pm
Thanks so much for your help...
Sponsored Links

DominicanMorenita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 1:40pm
Thanks for replying Ms. Dee. ...Yes.. I actualy red everything from your post before starting this method. My my clay mix did not turn out like yours, however today a noticed that it was thicker than yesterday as pinkie said, next day would be thicker and I did not add water because it was creamer today, similar to yours.. Thanks for helping me...

Edited by DominicanMorenita - Jun 17 2014 at 1:42pm
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

Are there any other ladies with APL hair or longer who are doing the MHM regimen? I'm just wondering if its taking the ladies with longer length a longer time to get their strands to hydrate. My hair is full APL almost BSL and it seems like its taking my strands a long time to hydrate. I am getting some of my strands to hydrate, but it's definitely isn't as fast as msdeekay or pinkecube's hair. So far, I've been doing this regimen for 1 month and 2 weeks. I'm just curious to hear feedback from ladies with longer hair. I'm not sure if its just my hair or not. Any type of feedback would be greatly appreciated. Pinkecube feel free to chime in as well. Thx Big smile

This is very interesting. I definitely know there is a relation to looseness of curls to how fast max hydration is reached. Also how dry the hair was initially. Length could probably effect it, the more hair the more you will have to work with.

I still had areas that were not responding very fast when i was two months in. Naturaltash, are you the one who is doing all their steps in one go? Or splitting it overnight? If you are DCing overnight, i recommend getting a thermal heating cap to wear all night long. It will really help your hair absorb moisture during the DC if it isn't. If you are doing it in the morning, try and sit under the steamer and or heating cap longer. After the clay step is rinsed out, run your hair under the warm/hot water while applying watered down conditioner at your roots and spread it to the tips of your hair. This will ensure your hair has absorbed some moisture before the cuticles start shutting again. You would then just continue to step 4 and 5.

Also did you try out the regimen the way i suggested when you pm'd me? How did that work out?

I'm gonna take a look at Aketafitgirl's

http://origincache-ash.fbcdn.net/10005615_544531085663014_1197483282_n.jpg

videos later. So i can pinpoint when she started implementing clarifying, and then when she put up her vid where she claimed max hydration. Her hair is long. But even i don't have total max hydration yet.
Yes pinke I am the one who does my hair in one go on the weekdays. I do have a heat cap which I do use during steps 1 and steps 2. I did try leaving every step in longer on the weekends. Last weekend I left the clarifying step in for 2 hours then after that I DC'd overnite but I didn't sleep in my heat cap. I then went to step 3 and I left that in for 2 hours as well. Some of my looser texture are already hydrated but my 4b hair is so stubborn! It must not like moisture at all LOL.  I still didn't see any extra curls hydrated after dc'in overnite or leaving each step in longer. When the clay is in my hair, my curls look well defined, but once I rinse the clay out, most of my curls go bye bye LOL. However, I'm not going to give up cuz maybe it'll just take longer for me since my hair wasn't in its optimal condition to begin with. I could pm u some pics if you would like to see where I'm at so far. I'm planning on doing my hair tonight so I could take pics. Just let me no which stage that u want to see my hair like wet with no product, with clay, after clay, or after steps 4 & 5 or once steps 4 & 5 are dry (which probably won't be dry until tomorrow).
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 1:57pm

Yes pinke I am the one who does my hair in one go on the weekdays. I do have a heat cap which I do use during steps 1 and steps 2. I did try leaving every step in longer on the weekends. Last weekend I left the clarifying step in for 2 hours then after that I DC'd overnite but I didn't sleep in my heat cap. I then went to step 3 and I left that in for 2 hours as well. Some of my looser texture are already hydrated but my 4b hair is so stubborn! It must not like moisture at all LOL.  I still didn't see any extra curls hydrated after dc'in overnite or leaving each step in longer. When the clay is in my hair, my curls look well defined, but once I rinse the clay out, most of my curls go bye bye LOL. However, I'm not going to give up cuz maybe it'll just take longer for me since my hair wasn't in its optimal condition to begin with. I could pm u some pics if you would like to see where I'm at so far. I'm planning on doing my hair tonight so I could take pics. Just let me no which stage that u want to see my hair like wet with no product, with clay, after clay, or after steps 4 & 5 or once steps 4 & 5 are dry (which probably won't be dry until tomorrow).

well, it will take time them. So if you are doing the steps in one go, are you steaming or just warming your conditioner? Maybe you need something to give more heat like a thermal heating cap or steamer. I slept overnight in a thermal heating cap just 2 days ago. My hair definitely felt softer and also like it absorbed more moisture, so maybe using it and doing it longer one would help you see results a bit quicker. I'd like to see how your hair looks with no product after the clay rinse(wet) and also what it looks like in a wash and go(wet and dry), and what it looks like with the clay rinse on.

I know the driest areas i had were the last to respond, but they were also the shortest(near my edges). But they get there by being keeping at it.
afrolistic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrolistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 2:07pm
I checked it out reali cool. But i dnt have a credit card. I have paypal only. Hope dey accept it. I searched for trader joes nd tresemmie product but they dont have i guess
Sorry dis is directed to msdeekay

Edited by afrolistic - Jun 17 2014 at 2:23pm
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by afrolistic afrolistic wrote:

I checked it out reali cool. But i dnt have a credit card. I have paypal only. Hope dey accept it. I searched for trader joes nd tresemmie product but they dont have i guess
Sorry dis is directed to msdeekay

yes they do not have trader's joes or tresseme. The only MHM approved products they have is KCKT and KCCC but you can order the cherry lola ingredients and the clay from them.
coiffedcoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote coiffedcoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 2:47pm

Are there any other ladies with APL hair or longer who are doing the MHM regimen? I'm just wondering if its taking the ladies with longer length a longer time to get their strands to hydrate. My hair is full APL almost BSL and it seems like its taking my strands a long time to hydrate. I am getting some of my strands to hydrate, but it's definitely isn't as fast as msdeekay or pinkecube's hair. So far, I've been doing this regimen for 1 month and 2 weeks. I'm just curious to hear feedback from ladies with longer hair. I'm not sure if its just my hair or not. Any type of feedback would be greatly appreciated. Pinkecube feel free to chime in as well. Thx Big smile
Hmm, I have not been having problems with hydrated curls after the clay step and I'm definitely longer than apl(save for the top layer of my hair). However, I was doing the curly girl method(modified) for the majority of my hair journey... before I began to pay attention to ph and do mhm. 
The fact that your hair is defined with the clay in it, is a good sign. My hair was somewhat defined with the clay in it at the beginning and just looked like its normal undefined texture after I rinsed. It wasn't until I was more thorough with the application that I noticed better results. I also don't leave the clay or the bs in my hair long. If I do that, I just run into problems...15-20 minutes tops.
Not sure if that helps any, but I thought I'd give some feed back.
Christine UK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Welcome to @naturalessence and @afroangel Clap happy to see more people trying and looking forward to the pictures and documentations.

btw just wanted to let everyone know especially @Pinkecube I also received some testimonials on the regimen video I think I'll do a screenshot and send it to your email incase you want to use them on the Maxhydration site.

@iheartsmimi I also wanted to do it straight everyday until I reach maximum hydration the only thing that is setting me back is running out of products and having to wait for them to arrive. I'll be rooting for you on your challenge.

I also just wanted to share my wash and go from yesterday

Pinke I have a question, I have started noticing root to tip definition when wet on some of my hair strands however when my hair is completely dry they frizz up and lose some definition. What does this mean? or what could I be doing wrong? or what is causing this

Hi MsDee Kay.  I totally get where you/re coming from and having the same experience.  My hair is getting more defined when dry so I am getting progress, but like you said, some of it gets a little lost
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 2:52pm
@msdeekay, are you still getting this issue? ^This comment is from awhile ago. Are you seeing improvement in terms of this now?
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

well, it will take time them. So if you are doing the steps in one go, are you steaming or just warming your conditioner? Maybe you need something to give more heat like a thermal heating cap or steamer. I slept overnight in a thermal heating cap just 2 days ago. My hair definitely felt softer and also like it absorbed more moisture, so maybe using it and doing it longer one would help you see results a bit quicker. I'd like to see how your hair looks with no product after the clay rinse(wet) and also what it looks like in a wash and go(wet and dry), and what it looks like with the clay rinse on.

I know the driest areas i had were the last to respond, but they were also the shortest(near my edges). But they get there by being keeping at it.
I'm not steaming nor warming my conditioner. Should I be warming my conditioner before applying my thermal heat cap? Maybe that's the problem.  I normally apply the conditioner without heating it up then use my heat cap for 1 hr during the weekday. I have a fancy steamer, but it doesn't seem to do anything for my hair. There isn't any major difference when I use my steamer which is why it's collecting dust in the corner of my bedroom. This weekend I will sleep in my thermal heat cap to see if that'll make a difference. I will take some pics for u today, but the only one I won't have is the dry wash and go cuz my hair will still be wet in morning LOL.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 104105106107108 258>
  Share Topic