Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 103104105106107 277>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrolistic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrolistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:32pm
Hello to you all.i am from germany so my english is not good.do forgive me for any errors.i came here bcos i am frustrated with my natural hair.i went to watch videos on youtube about low porosity hair dat how i ended here.i want to join the method. Have already ordered my product to start. Kckt, kccc and tresemmie radiant volume. Guess dey are all aproved. For da cherry lola i cant seem to find amino acid and molases in where i live in germany.we have to order pretty much everything. The product i mentionend already cost me 60euros. So i want to ask can i do the cherry lola without da amino acid and molases? I am not reali interested in the curls but i want my hair to retain moisture and me moisturized.hope u all help me
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

Are there any other ladies with APL hair or longer who are doing the MHM regimen? I'm just wondering if its taking the ladies with longer length a longer time to get their strands to hydrate. My hair is full APL almost BSL and it seems like its taking my strands a long time to hydrate. I am getting some of my strands to hydrate, but it's definitely isn't as fast as msdeekay or pinkecube's hair. So far, I've been doing this regimen for 1 month and 2 weeks. I'm just curious to hear feedback from ladies with longer hair. I'm not sure if its just my hair or not. Any type of feedback would be greatly appreciated. Pinkecube feel free to chime in as well. Thx Big smile

This is very interesting. I definitely know there is a relation to looseness of curls to how fast max hydration is reached. Also how dry the hair was initially. Length could probably effect it, the more hair the more you will have to work with.

I still had areas that were not responding very fast when i was two months in. Naturaltash, are you the one who is doing all their steps in one go? Or splitting it overnight? If you are DCing overnight, i recommend getting a thermal heating cap to wear all night long. It will really help your hair absorb moisture during the DC if it isn't. If you are doing it in the morning, try and sit under the steamer and or heating cap longer. After the clay step is rinsed out, run your hair under the warm/hot water while applying watered down conditioner at your roots and spread it to the tips of your hair. This will ensure your hair has absorbed some moisture before the cuticles start shutting again. You would then just continue to step 4 and 5.

Also did you try out the regimen the way i suggested when you pm'd me? How did that work out?

I'm gonna take a look at Aketafitgirl's

http://origincache-ash.fbcdn.net/10005615_544531085663014_1197483282_n.jpg

videos later. So i can pinpoint when she started implementing clarifying, and then when she put up her vid where she claimed max hydration. Her hair is long. But even i don't have total max hydration yet.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 17 2014 at 1:08pm
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by afrolistic afrolistic wrote:

Hello to you all.i am from germany so my english is not good.do forgive me for any errors.i came here bcos i am frustrated with my natural hair.i went to watch videos on youtube about low porosity hair dat how i ended here.i want to join the method. Have already ordered my product to start. Kckt, kccc and tresemmie radiant volume. Guess dey are all aproved. For da cherry lola i cant seem to find amino acid and molases in where i live in germany.we have to order pretty much everything. The product i mentionend already cost me 60euros. So i want to ask can i do the cherry lola without da amino acid and molases? I am not reali interested in the curls but i want my hair to retain moisture and me moisturized.hope u all help me
Hi afrolistic,
Welcome to the #mhm journey glad that you ended up here after looking for information about low porosity hair.

I'm actually currently based in Sweden and I totally understand your struggle, I also have to order everything online.

I order from iherb. I highly recommend them because there is a flat shipping of $8 they have everything you need for the cherry lola. You can check my blog for links of the ingredients I got from them. You get your order within a week!
http://www.msdeekay.com/the-maximum-hydration-method/the-maximum-hydration-method-regimen/

You can use coupon code D6J671 for a discount

You dont have to start with the cherry lola right away. There are others here on the forum who have started the regimen without doing the cherry lola and did it later.
mystiquenigma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mystiquenigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:49pm
Hey everyone! I'm new to this method but I've been lurking around here for quite a bit. Where I live, we don't have many of the recommended conditioners. However, I did happen to find Tiny Twirls detangling conditioner by Kinky Curly! I intend to start this method this evening and I am hoping for great success. I think I may have found another conditioner that may be appropriate for this method and is affordable. It is the Suave Naturals Refreshing Waterfall mist conditioner. Let me know if this could be another option to use during this method.

Suave Naturals Refreshing Waterfall Mist
Ingredients
Water (Aqua) , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Fragrance (Parfum) , Lactic Acid , Potassium Chloride , Disodium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , PEG-150 Distearate , Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate) , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Spirulina Maxima Extract , Mentha Aquatica Leaf Extract , Nymphaea Alba Flower Extract , Blue 1 (CI 42090) , Red 33 (CI17200)
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by afrolistic afrolistic wrote:

Hi afrolistic. Make sure the Tresseme Naturals is not the one with the changed formula. Welcome to the MHM journey.Big smile
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by DominicanMorenita DominicanMorenita wrote:

I have less shedding with the acv rinse than with the baking soda and my hair feels softer.. One question my clay is not as thick as the one ms dee shows on her video, shoul I add more clay to make thicker...Thanks..
Hey DominicanMorenita
Are you using this recipe:

Mix Ingredients: 

These are the measurements I used from the instructions. You could always add a little more clay and check the consistency to make it a bit more thick.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by juan_mos juan_mos wrote:

Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Originally posted by veegirllove veegirllove wrote:

Hi Im new to the thread..Hi Pinke we met on youtube the other day and thanks again for this wonderful method..but im chiming in.because i found the Tresemme conditioner at walgreens online i recently bought two bottles .

Thanks so much veegirllove Clap, I checked the ingredients at walgreens online and yes that's the one! Guys it's on sale for $4.34 definitely a great deal!

These are the ingredients for the old formula which is approved for MHM

Water (Aqua); Cetearyl Alcohol; Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine; Behentrimonium Chloride; Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer; Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract; Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract; Fragrance; Dipropylene Glycol; Potassium Chloride; Lactic Acid; Disodium EDTA; DMDM Hydantoin; PEG-150 Distearate; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Lauroyl Lysine; Methylchloroisothiazolinone; Methylisothiazolinone

Welcome to the MHM journey veegirllove looking forward to your progress Big smile

Oh my! Hey Veegirllove or MsDeeKay, will please confirm the exact name of the Tresemme condish? I'd like to check my local Walgreen's for it! MssDeeKay is it the one you posted on IG?
Yes as Vegirllove said its the Tresseme Radiant Volume with sweet orange and lemongrass ( I forgot to add the lemongrass in the IG photo) It is only available online from what I hear and has been discontinued on the ground.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by mystiquenigma mystiquenigma wrote:

Hey everyone! I'm new to this method but I've been lurking around here for quite a bit. Where I live, we don't have many of the recommended conditioners. However, I did happen to find Tiny Twirls detangling conditioner by Kinky Curly! I intend to start this method this evening and I am hoping for great success. I think I may have found another conditioner that may be appropriate for this method and is affordable. It is the Suave Naturals Refreshing Waterfall mist conditioner. Let me know if this could be another option to use during this method.

Hi mystiquenigma, welcome to MHM! Oh cool! Yeah the tiny twirls is MHM approved! $12, 8oz

ingredients: mangifera indica (mango) friut extract*, ulmus fulva (slippery elm) extract*, althaea officinalis (marshmallow) root extract*, cymbopogon schoenanthus (lemongrass)*, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, ctric acid, phenoxyethanol*certified organic

Suave Naturals Refreshing Waterfall Mist
Ingredients
Water (Aqua) , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Fragrance (Parfum) , Lactic Acid , Potassium Chloride , Disodium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , PEG-150 Distearate , Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate) , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Spirulina Maxima Extract , Mentha Aquatica Leaf Extract , Nymphaea Alba Flower Extract , Blue 1 (CI 42090) , Red 33 (CI17200)

Not liking the salts this high up on the list
kwicherbichen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 1:07pm
@NaturalTash1
I actually dilute my KCKT A LOT. I don't know the ratio. I had a container 1/3 full of product and I filled it with water. I used it up until there was 75% left and filled it AGAIN with water and its perfect for me. I never ever would have believed that it would work... I always thought the thicker, the better... but now it is almost as runny as water and it still moisturizes good enough now that I've been doing MHM properly for a couple of weeks (I have been doing the technique for a month previously, but was using the wrong products).

I diluted the KCCC because it was FLAKING all day, everyday. I have true 4c hair which means... no, my hair is not a zig-zag or S shape. No, I do not have curls. I have literal SPRING COILS so the way KCCC is formulated just is not going to work with my hair. I used half the tub and filled it almost full of water. I used it a few days and even that was not enough. I filled it with more water and put castor oil (not organic castor oil, just regular clear STICKY castor oil you can buy at any grocery store). Now, its perfect. I get slip from the gel, no more flaking, and it actually helps make my hair soft after putting my watery conditioner. I may have put TOO MUCH oil, actually. (I probably put 1 Tablespoon in the whole mixture). Because I also put oil on my scalp.

Now, we have a trader joe's in my community so I have bought their conditioner. I do not dilute the TJ conditioner and noticed more moisture using that. I might dilute it a little bit eventually, though just to experiment. 

Just happy now to never ever again have to deal with having BRILLO PAD hard hair. I don't ever have to think about that anymore. And if I want my hair to be softer, I just put a bit of water in the middle of the day. Now, I'm just trying to get to max hydration.  I am checking out that Q-redew thing... seems really cool! I am not going to pay for that right now, but maybe in the future.

*edit: I concur with applying the leave-in conditioner while your hair is in running water. If you apply it while your hair is SOAKING WET you actually get BETTER results with the leave in. 

@Juan
I put garlic oil + tea-tree oil on my scalp and went to put with a plastic grocery bag on my head after coating my hair with Trader Joe's conditioner. I woke up with no itchiness! However, I do have one spot that is inflammed -- which is fine by me because the last time I did a GHE at night, my whole head was slightly sore (so I stopped because I knew it would continue to get worse). Trader Joe's conditioner contains a lot of stimulating essential oils in it so the tingling was intense but I enjoy that feeling. I'm going to dilute it a bit and see what that does. But anyway, that's my little update for you. So far, good results with Trader Joe's conditioner and then rubbing (not even a lot... just put the oil on your finger tips) garlic oil and then a bit of any oil that has added tea-tree oil in it. Would love to hear your results with whatever you have in the house. If you don't have garlic oil, squeeze a real garlic in some oil or garlic powder. I highly recommend going to a health store and investing in a small bottle of tea-tree oil. It's awesome for pimples, stuffy nose, sickness, anything. So its not just for hair so it's worth the $3 - 7 dollars you might pay. Let me know how it works for you. If you wake up with any kind of soreness at all, stop and re-evaluate. Don't keep doing it or it will get worse.

I LOVE TRADER JOE'S!
I wanted to make a note to say that I am probably going to switch from KCKT to using trader joe's as conditioner AND leave in after I finishc my KCKT. Look, yall... $4 for 16 oz. cannot be beat! KCKT and others are $12-14 for 8 oz! SO I literally paid 3 times LESS for 2 times MORE! 

Edited by kwicherbichen - Jun 17 2014 at 1:16pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by kwicherbichen kwicherbichen wrote:

@NaturalTash1
I actually dilute my KCKT A LOT. I don't know the ratio. I had a container 1/3 full of product and I filled it with water. I used it up until there was 75% left and filled it AGAIN with water and its perfect for me. I never ever would have believed that it would work... I always thought the thicker, the better... but now it is almost as runny as water and it still moisturizes good enough now that I've been doing MHM properly for a couple of weeks (I have been doing the technique for a month previously, but was using the wrong products).

I diluted the KCCC because it was FLAKING all day, everyday. I have true 4c hair which means... no, my hair is not a zig-zag or S shape. No, I do not have curls. I have literal SPRING COILS so the way KCCC is formulated just is not going to work with my hair. I used half the tub and filled it almost full of water. I used it a few days and even that was not enough. I filled it with more water and put castor oil (not organic castor oil, just regular clear STICKY castor oil you can buy at any grocery store). Now, its perfect. I get slip from the gel, no more flaking, and it actually helps make my hair soft after putting my watery conditioner. I may have put TOO MUCH oil, actually. (I probably put 1 Tablespoon in the whole mixture). Because I also put oil on my scalp.

Now, we have a trader joe's in my community so I have bought their conditioner. I do not dilute the TJ conditioner and noticed more moisture using that. I might dilute it a little bit eventually, though just to experiment. 

Just happy now to never ever again have to deal with having BRILLO PAD hard hair. I don't ever have to think about that anymore. And if I want my hair to be softer, I just put a bit of water in the middle of the day. Now, I'm just trying to get to max hydration.  I am checking out that Q-redew thing... seems really cool! I am not going to pay for that right now, but maybe in the future.

@Juan
I put garlic oil + tea-tree oil on my scalp and went to put with a plastic grocery bag on my head after coating my hair with Trader Joe's conditioner. I woke up with no itchiness! However, I do have one spot that is inflammed -- which is fine by me because the last time I did a GHE at night, my whole head was slightly sore (so I stopped because I knew it would continue to get worse). Trader Joe's conditioner contains a lot of stimulating essential oils in it so the tingling was intense but I enjoy that feeling. I'm going to dilute it a bit and see what that does. But anyway, that's my little update for you. So far, good results with Trader Joe's conditioner and then rubbing (not even a lot... just put the oil on your finger tips) garlic oil and then a bit of any oil that has added tea-tree oil in it. Would love to hear your results with whatever you have in the house. If you don't have garlic oil, squeeze a real garlic in some oil or garlic powder. I highly recommend going to a health store and investing in a small bottle of tea-tree oil. It's awesome for pimples, stuffy nose, sickness, anything. So its not just for hair so it's worth the $3 - 7 dollars you might pay. Let me know how it works for you. If you wake up with any kind of soreness at all, stop and re-evaluate. Don't keep doing it or it will get worse.

Hey kwicherbichen. Yeah, that's a lot of conditioner. I really only put like 4-6 squirts and then fill the rest of the 8oz bottle.  That's great about the garlic oil, i actually recommended that to someone today. I know i used a tiny african growth oil on my scalp once just before doing 3 month GHE session. Didn't have much problems with itch, and no swelling at all, so that could have been the reason why it worked for me. But everyone has different scalp sensitivities. We'll see how you fare using a microbial cap meant to be reused. Also my suggestion about the heating cap.

By the way I also have 4c hair, and 4c hair does have curls. It is not a zigzag. It is a very tight coil that is very compact. The only reason my hair looks zigzag in my wash is because it isn't fully shrunken, but that effects the longer strands i have. the shorter strands(4 inches) are a coil even in unshrunken. I have some coils fully shrunken are the diameter of an embroidery bead. They still define and kinky curly custard works fine once you trial and error with it. It all depends on how you apply the conditioner. I really want to skype with you btw and have you show me everything you are doing so we can get to the bottom of this. I 100% think its something that can be fixed.

btw did you see Dee's video. glad ur enjoying the trader joes btw.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 17 2014 at 1:32pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style