Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 102103104105106 247>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 3:54am
Hi everyone,
I just uploaded a video showing my progress doing MHM for 2months( this is not even 2 months straight) since there was time in between where I ran out of products and I would just clarify and do GHE till I got them.

The after footage is just a few days ago last week. I am currently 1 year and 1 month post BC
The before footage is back in March when I was 10 months post BC

I also give an overview of all the MHM steps and what they do:

Sponsored Links

kaforres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kaforres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 4:13am
@msdeekay love the video! Thank you for hard work with producing these videos.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 4:28am
Originally posted by kaforres kaforres wrote:

@msdeekay love the video! Thank you for hard work with producing these videos.
You're welcome & Thank you Big smile glad they are helpful.
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 7:11am
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Originally posted by veegirllove veegirllove wrote:

Hi Im new to the thread..Hi Pinke we met on youtube the other day and thanks again for this wonderful method..but im chiming in.because i found the Tresemme conditioner at walgreens online i recently bought two bottles .

Thanks so much veegirllove Clap, I checked the ingredients at walgreens online and yes that's the one! Guys it's on sale for $4.34 definitely a great deal!

These are the ingredients for the old formula which is approved for MHM

Water (Aqua); Cetearyl Alcohol; Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine; Behentrimonium Chloride; Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer; Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract; Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract; Fragrance; Dipropylene Glycol; Potassium Chloride; Lactic Acid; Disodium EDTA; DMDM Hydantoin; PEG-150 Distearate; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Lauroyl Lysine; Methylchloroisothiazolinone; Methylisothiazolinone

Welcome to the MHM journey veegirllove looking forward to your progress Big smile

Oh my! Hey Veegirllove or MsDeeKay, will please confirm the exact name of the Tresemme condish? I'd like to check my local Walgreen's for it! MssDeeKay is it the one you posted on IG?
veegirllove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote veegirllove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 7:32am
Hi juan_mos its the Radiant Volume Sweet Orange with Lemongrass but from my understanding its discontinued in the stores and can only be purchased online..however you could go to walgreens website and see if its in stock in your area.. im from Detroit and when i checkd its not available here..
DominicanMorenita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 7:53am
I have less shedding with the acv rinse than with the baking soda and my hair feels softer.. One question my clay is not as thick as the one ms dee shows on her video, shoul I add more clay to make thicker...Thanks..
bohomojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bohomojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 9:45am
I believe I asked this question already, but when I went through 20 pages to find it I decided to give up and ask again lol sorry. 

How can transitioners tell if they have reached maximum hydration. I can't really tell my curl pattern because of my relaxed strands. Also, are there any of there any other methods of styling, because I'm finding that twist outs and etc are splitting my ends.
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:05pm
Are there any other ladies with APL hair or longer who are doing the MHM regimen? I'm just wondering if its taking the ladies with longer length a longer time to get their strands to hydrate. My hair is full APL almost BSL and it seems like its taking my strands a long time to hydrate. I am getting some of my strands to hydrate, but it's definitely isn't as fast as msdeekay or pinkecube's hair. So far, I've been doing this regimen for 1 month and 2 weeks. I'm just curious to hear feedback from ladies with longer hair. I'm not sure if its just my hair or not. Any type of feedback would be greatly appreciated. Pinkecube feel free to chime in as well. Thx Big smile
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by DominicanMorenita DominicanMorenita wrote:

I have less shedding with the acv rinse than with the baking soda and my hair feels softer.. One question my clay is not as thick as the one ms dee shows on her video, shoul I add more clay to make thicker...Thanks..
If you feel like you want to adjust the consistency, you can do it. As long as it's not so watery it's getting see through it's fine. It should be slightly creamy. Also, the next day the clay tends to be thicker, so you can add just a little water and get a more creamy thicker consistency.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by bohomojo bohomojo wrote:

I believe I asked this question already, but when I went through 20 pages to find it I decided to give up and ask again lol sorry. 

How can transitioners tell if they have reached maximum hydration. I can't really tell my curl pattern because of my relaxed strands. Also, are there any of there any other methods of styling, because I'm finding that twist outs and etc are splitting my ends.

hi bohomojo, just check your roots for clumping after the bentonite clay rinse. For styling? Well transition styles like twist outs, bantu knot outs aren't working? Maybe you should do styles like perm rod out, flexi rods, straw sets or something of that nature. That way you can protect your ends easier since you won't be unraveling. Just add extra oil to those ends and a bit more gel. And keep trimming slowly as well.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 102103104105106 247>