Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102103104 193>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 5:42am
hi AmberColor! Glad ur gathering stuff and getting ready to start this, welcome! I recommend kinky curly knot today or trader joes tea tree tingle. Tresseme naturals is no longer being recommended because of the ingredient change. Lots of no-no ingredients there. Garnier fructis also has a methosulfate at the top of the list. It is a quatsalt, so that high up can cause a lot of build up.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 16 2014 at 6:48am
Sponsored Links

book worm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote book worm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 7:31am
Hi,
Do you think I can get similar results omitting the clay step?
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 7:58am
Hi all - I'm finished Day 2 yesterday and woke up to a smushed TWA that's 95% dry. Those with shorter hair please chime in on what you are doing to refresh your hair please. I know that 1.) fluffing at the roots & 2.) quickly rewetting in the shower has been mentioned but let me know how these or other methods are working on TWA's. I did try fluffing my roots this morning but it's still mostly smushed. Also, I can't do the going to bed with soaking wet hair. I ALWAYS feel like I'm getting sick when I wake up the next morning. So last night I had to use the diffuser on cool and I went to bed with 80% wet hair.

DAY 2 OBSERVATIONS:
  • My hair loved the baking soda clarify - it was SO soft afterwards
  • My hair wasn't as soft after the clay rinse
  • Even though I have a TWA my hair is thick (but fine strands) so it is taking a long time to finish steps 3, 4 & 5. I surely hope I can get faster at this b/c I really want to do the 7 days straight to start with.
  • I definitely see curls at the ends. Not so much at the roots yet. My hair was colored May 17th (right at 30 days ago tomorrow), do you think that will affect how long it takes to see clumping from the root?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 8:30am
hi bookworm, welcome to mhm. SmileOmitting the clay step means you are basically leaving out a part of this system. You will not see quick results doing it that way. There was a significant difference in effectiveness and results when i ommitted the clay step on my friends 4c hair. Doing all the steps is important, they are not a bunch of random treatments, they rely on the other. You can try it and you may see an improvement compared to before, but you would also be significantly limiting quickness and potential of your results. Info on this is on page 72 where the full regimen is. There is a link to where i outline what your hair does during each step to the regimen.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 16 2014 at 8:51am
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 8:46am
Originally posted by juan_mos juan_mos wrote:

Hi all - I'm finished Day 2 yesterday and woke up to a smushed TWA that's 95% dry. Those with shorter hair please chime in on what you are doing to refresh your hair please. I know that 1.) fluffing at the roots & 2.) quickly rewetting in the shower has been mentioned but let me know how these or other methods are working on TWA's. I did try fluffing my roots this morning but it's still mostly smushed. Also, I can't do the going to bed with soaking wet hair. I ALWAYS feel like I'm getting sick when I wake up the next morning. So last night I had to use the diffuser on cool and I went to bed with 80% wet hair.

DAY 2 OBSERVATIONS:
  • Even though I have a TWA my hair is thick (but fine strands) so it is taking a long time to finish steps 3, 4 & 5. I surely hope I can get faster at this b/c I really want to do the 7 days straight to start with.
  • I definitely see curls at the ends. Not so much at the roots yet. My hair was colored May 17th (right at 30 days ago tomorrow), do you think that will affect how long it takes to see clumping from the root?

Yes that could effect it if you feel ur hair is direr from coloring. You can try to section your hair before you do the defining steps. Also tip after bentonite clay step. First make sure ur doing the mixture. Its on pg 72. Just in case. Second after u do the rinse, you can run the water and apply some watered down conditioner at your roots and just let the water run throught your hair quickly while you spread the conditioner. That way immediately after you have done the clay step, conditioner will be absorbing in your hair. And then you can go again, section the hair like you usually do on step 4/5 and smooth in the product as you go along. Getting r2t definition doesnt happen in the first week for everyone, so i wouldnt be worried about that. Just focus on doing the regimen consistently and it will come. Also during the bentonite clay step, try not to slick your hair back with the clay like plaster. You want to smooth section by section and apply it, and encourage curls to separate. The r2t definition came after the first week. But it wasnt all over my head. Different areas got there at different times. I also had sections that didnt start to define until april. I started in march.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 16 2014 at 8:49am
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 9:21am
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

DAY 2 OBSERVATIONS:

Yes that could effect it if you feel ur hair is direr from coloring. You can try to section your hair before you do the defining steps. Also tip after bentonite clay step. First make sure ur doing the mixture. Its on pg 72. Just in case. Second after u do the rinse, you can run the water and apply some watered down conditioner at your roots and just let the water run throught your hair quickly while you spread the conditioner. That way immediately after you have done the clay step, conditioner will be absorbing in your hair. And then you can go again, section the hair like you usually do on step 4/5 and smooth in the product as you go along. Getting r2t definition doesnt happen in the first week for everyone, so i wouldnt be worried about that. Just focus on doing the regimen consistently and it will come. Also during the bentonite clay step, try not to slick your hair back with the clay like plaster. You want to smooth section by section and apply it, and encourage curls to separate. The r2t definition came after the first week. But it wasnt all over my head. Different areas got there at different times. I also had sections that didnt start to define until april. I started in march.

Thanks Pinke! I'm sure my strands are severely dehydrated. I just have to be patient. When you say "You can try to section your hair before you do the defining steps", do you mean section my whole head then start defining? If so, I think that may be genius!Big smile Also, when you say "first make sure ur doing the mixture" do you mean the clarify (baking soda for me) mixture/step? If so, yes I did. Yesterday was my Day 2 (after the initial CL/Caramel treatment) so it would've been my first time doing it. And I need to clarify daily, right?
Good tip on applying watered down condish quickly at my roots after rinsing out the clay (I'm sure my strands need that extra). In that case though, I still would need to apply the watered down condish section-by-section r2t before adding gel r2t, right (I think you said that above I'm just making sure)?
Oh and I definitely go section by section on the clay rinse, and almost every step (my hair is short but thick & I wouldn't get good coverage w/o sectioning). Yesterday I paid close attn to this, to make sure I encouraged the curls to clump during the clay step (I saw you mention that on another page in the forum).
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 9:25am

hi AmberColor! Glad ur gathering stuff and getting ready to start this, welcome! I recommend kinky curly knot today or trader joes tea tree tingle. Tresseme naturals is no longer being recommended because of the ingredient change. Lots of no-no ingredients there. Garnier fructis also has a methosulfate at the top of the list. It is a quatsalt, so that high up can cause a lot of build up.

Pinke does this include ALL Tresemme Naturals condish? I'm asking b/c MsDeeKay just posted a MHM approved list on IG and Tresemme Naturals Radiant Volume with Sweet Orange is on there. Can one of you verify?
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 10:13am

DAY 2 OBSERVATIONS:

For second day hair, I do the quickly re-wetting under the shower and then I shake my head side to side to remove excess water. This has worked fine for me.

I did start seeing curls in the end first. It took some time before I started getting root to tip.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 10:22am

Pinke does this include ALL Tresemme Naturals condish? I'm asking b/c MsDeeKay just posted a MHM approved list on IG and Tresemme Naturals Radiant Volume with Sweet Orange is on there. Can one of you verify?

Ok so I just double checked the one that is approved is the one with sweet orange and lemongrass but its been discontinued on the ground and is only available online at desktop drugstore.com (It's actually out of stock now :) ) Don't know if they will be re-stocking.
The new formulation is sweet orange without the lemongrass. 
Thanks juan_mos will be adding a note.

Edited by msdeekay - Jun 16 2014 at 10:23am
book worm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote book worm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 1:12pm

hi bookworm, welcome to mhm. SmileOmitting the clay step means you are basically leaving out a part of this system. You will not see quick results doing it that way. There was a significant difference in effectiveness and results when i ommitted the clay step on my friends 4c hair. Doing all the steps is important, they are not a bunch of random treatments, they rely on the other. You can try it and you may see an improvement compared to before, but you would also be significantly limiting quickness and potential of your results. Info on this is on page 72 where the full regimen is. There is a link to where i outline what your hair does during each step to the regimen.

Ok. Thanks.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102103104 193>