Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9899100101102 289>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Loves2Laugh Loves2Laugh wrote:

Oh, sorry! It's not always so easy to see the difference between 4a coils and max hydrated 4c coils. I'm obviously a perfect example of why you need to illustrate the difference   LOL

the picture was very small, but if i blow it up the difference is pretty apparent. She has a mix of mainly 4a and some 3c to me. also, the hair color is different, lol.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 15 2014 at 3:22pm
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

I finally figured out how to section my hair with shower clips and apply product to my roots first. I wasn't doing that before and it's making a huge difference. I can see my hair defines root to tip without product in like 75% of areas. I can't believe I wasn't doing this before. thanks for the video pinke

That's great aharri, Big smileBig smileyour welcome.
CheeryOh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CheeryOh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 2:27pm
Does anyone have any recommendations for maintenance while hair is in a protective style like cornrows or goddess braids?  I want to keep my scalp moisturized, but I don't think washing will be feasible.  Perhaps a modified LOC?  Or maybe just spritizing with water and applying an oil after that?  Any ideas are appreciated.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by CheeryOh CheeryOh wrote:

Does anyone have any recommendations for maintenance while hair is in a protective style like cornrows or goddess braids?  I want to keep my scalp moisturized, but I don't think washing will be feasible.  Perhaps a modified LOC?  Or maybe just spritizing with water and applying an oil after that?  Any ideas are appreciated.

Hi CherryOh. Spritzing will keep your hair moist, but you have to remember that your hair has already been sealed with an oil and your cuticles are closed. So most of it isn't going to be absorbed by the hair. The main focus should be not to stretch the style too long. Spritzing won't hurt, but it really doesn't do much except evaporate after leaving your hair wet for awhile.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 2:49pm
Some more old before pics i found of my hair. It was actually on a home video so i screen shotted it since they were pretty clear. I think i have honey in my hair. This was after i was trying to wean off eco, but still trying to get it to work. Clearly 4c. The definition wasn't there but at this point i was starting to just give up.

As you can see, because the back of my hair is 4a, it was growing faster than the hair in the front(although it should have been way longer considering, but I do have fine hair and did a lot of protective styles). But yeah, the shrinkage always gave me a mullet shape. This is a very high puff, too. No visible curl pattern in the front. There was some in the back but it would always go away after my hair dried.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 15 2014 at 3:20pm
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 2:54pm
Hi - MHM members I'm on Day 2 & if someone could answer really quick I would appreciate it so I can get started. I'm ready to clarify use baking soda & KCKT (that's the only MHM approved condish I have right now),... do I need to wet my hair first or apply the mixture on dry hair? Or does it matter?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by juan_mos juan_mos wrote:

Hi - MHM members I'm on Day 2 & if someone could answer really quick I would appreciate it so I can get started. I'm ready to clarify use baking soda & KCKT (that's the only MHM approved condish I have right now),... do I need to wet my hair first or apply the mixture on dry hair? Or does it matter?
just apply the mixture, no need for wetting, the mixture already has water in it
FaNcee NATURAL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FaNcee NATURAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 3:13pm
Completed first day of steps 1 - 5 and i have some coil definition and s and z curl definition. Im excited!!!

Edited by FaNcee NATURAL - Jun 15 2014 at 3:15pm
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

just apply the mixture, no need for wetting, the mixture already has water in it

Thanks that makes sense. I have a TWA so there are leftovers. Can I save them to use for Day 3? If so, refrigerate? Or should I discard? Also should I use a shower cap during the Clarify step?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 4:00pm

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Thanks that makes sense. I have a TWA so there are leftovers. Can I save them to use for Day 3? If so, refrigerate? Or should I discard? Also should I use a shower cap during the Clarify step?

yeah just save for day 3. You don't need to refrigerate. For the clarify step, yes a cap is needed
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9899100101102 289>
  Share Topic