Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 278>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Christine UK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by iheartsmimi iheartsmimi wrote:

on the GTCG website it claims you don't need to use a conditioner when using the gel-pinke do you think this is okay?

what is the GTCG website?Confused
Sponsored Links

Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 10:59pm
So I've just wanted to share a quick tip for the kccc. I hate using the jar so I took one of my travel bottles and added the kccc to it and it made applying the custard so much easier.
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Christine UK Christine UK wrote:

Originally posted by iheartsmimi iheartsmimi wrote:

on the GTCG website it claims you don't need to use a conditioner when using the gel-pinke do you think this is okay?

what is the GTCG website?Confused
GTCG is Green Tea Curl Glaze. It's one of the approved gels that's similar to the kccc.
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 11:51pm
Yes👆👆! The jar is the worst. I wanted to water it down so I put about an ounce in an applicator bottle today + 4 oz of water & it still was plenty think. Those products are no joke... the consistency, if watered down, could make them possibly last a long time....
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 11:11am
Originally posted by juan_mos juan_mos wrote:

Yes👆👆! The jar is the worst. I wanted to water it down so I put about an ounce in an applicator bottle today + 4 oz of water & it still was plenty think. Those products are no joke... the consistency, if watered down, could make them possibly last a long time....

Gonna have to get in on this watering down kccc soon.. lol.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 11:19am
Originally posted by kwicherbichen kwicherbichen wrote:

I will definitely let you know as my experimentation and research with antimicrobial oils, herbs and the cap goes. I was considering using Monistat, but I remember from past experience, it is only a temporary fix. Continued use of it is not good and not effective. And I didn't want its ingredients to interfere with the method.

Hey kwicherbichen. Another suggestion, maybe if you want to invest in a thermal heating cap to wear over your shower cap. These can be worn overnight, as well. Maybe in regards to overnight DC this would result in no itching, because of the consistent heat. The microbials won't be able to cause your scalp to itch, since it won't be just sweat producing the heat. You may want to experiment with that.
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 12:04pm
I finally figured out how to section my hair with shower clips and apply product to my roots first. I wasn't doing that before and it's making a huge difference. I can see my hair defines root to tip without product in like 75% of areas. I can't believe I wasn't doing this before. thanks for the video pinke
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by Loves2Laugh Loves2Laugh wrote:

How long does it take to do your bantu knots in the other picture and how long does the style last? I’m assuming they last in hot or humid conditions. But how does the style stand up the cold, wind or rain?

I definitely think you have a style section on your website with picture ‘how to’ videos of the styles you create plus information like the questions I’ve asked above. I also really like the updo you created above.

loves to laugh, that is not my hair, that is just a picture of another natural i put to illustrate 4a hair so ppl wouldn't accuse me of having 4a hair(some on on youtube instisted i was not 4c). Baciallly so you can see the difference.

I wore the bantu knots for 2 days. It took me maybe 40 minutes, my hair was some how a lot faster to do. On the second day i wore it, it rained very lightly. I didn't wear an umbrella but it didn't poof out much at all. It was more frizzy from me sleeping on it than the actual rain.

Oh, sorry! It's not always so easy to see the difference between 4a coils and max hydrated 4c coils. I'm obviously a perfect example of why you need to illustrate the difference   LOL
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 12:42pm

Hi Pinke Smile. Sorry to keep banging on about the ACV, I’m still not quite getting it! As I understand it the ACV clarifies but also closes cuticles. So why not use the baking soda to clarify and only use ACV after the GHE, DC,  steaming etc when the cuticles will need to be open anyway.

Also, what about if we didn’t use the ACV at all? Would that mean our porosity would be increased from the cuticles being lifted by the baking soda, therefore making it easier receive moisture like people with naturally normal porosity?

Re the post about porosity and thickness, does that mean that fine 4C hair can't achieve lengths of other hair that doesn't have it's challenges? What lengths can we realistically expect to achieve with max hydration?

Also, does hair strand thickness increase over time with MHM?

You don't need to over think the function of step 1. Step 1 is to clarify, that's the base. If you do the BS option a benefit from that is your cuticles are opened in prep for DC. Think of it like a bonus. Where as with acv, you would have to first DC to get your cuticles to open and absorb moisture.

bakingsoda is advantageuos for low porosity hair. It doesn't mean it is bad for high porosity hair. It is not going to leave your cuticles open. Adding acv after that would make 3 clarification steps in total and it isn't really necessary. It would leave you stripped.

Once you rinse out BS, the cuticles will be open for a while. But if you just decided to rinse with cold water after that, your cuticles would close. It is not some chemical that is going to permanently increase the porosity of your hair. We just use it at the right points in time and apply moisture so we take advantage of that property. Unless you leave the bakingsoda in your hair and just walk around, you cuticles are not staying open. You have rinsed it out. So we are basically just in control of our hair's behavior, we are not really changing anything accept moisture levels.

At the end of the regimen, we already bring back the ph with the gel. The gels are ph balanced. There is no other need or use for acv in this regimen. It is just a good gentle conditioning clarifier for those who don't want to do the bs option. That's it.

MHM will not increase your hair strand thickness. The only thing that could do that are silicones or proteins by building up on your hair and piling on it. Nothing is going to increase or change anything, accept moisture and hair health. But you will notice your hair feels stronger, especially areas that reach max hydration, although they will be fine strands as before, they will clump together and that serves as keeping the strands together so they aren't fending individually like dehydration forces them too. So a clumped coil has more springback and strength with it, so length retention happens. The area i had the bald spot in that has had max hydration all this time, just wetting it, makes it literally stay in the same curl formation for the past few months. It is retaining a lot of length because of that. It feels strong and has incredible springback,

Hi Pinke thanks for explaining this.

Re the baking soda: I already understand that it's used to clarify hair and open up cuticles. However, I thought that the effect would eventually be permanent (like a chemical process I guess - although I understand that baking soda is NOT a chemical). Or that the effects of it would be semi-permanent, for example when people use coconut and lime (I think) to loosen their curls or coils. I at least thought that if you didn't rinse the baking soda out with cold water, or use ACV or any other PH balancing product the cuticles would stay open for an hour or two. Now I know.

I'm still having issues finding an MHM approved leave-in and gel, but I've started to incorporate other parts of the regimen into my routine so that I can improve the health of my hair any way I can before I get the last two things. That's another reason I've been banging on about the baking soda - I wanted to be sure about what I was doing before I used it.

Re hair strand thickness: OK, so MHM doesn't increase strand thickness. However, does it mean then that max hydrated  fine 4C hair can't achieve the lengths of other hair types? And again, what lengths can fine 4Cs realistically expect to achieve with max hydration?

TIA

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 1:36pm

Hi Pinke thanks for explaining this.

Re the baking soda: I already understand that it's used to clarify hair and open up cuticles. However, I thought that the effect would eventually be permanent (like a chemical process I guess - although I understand that baking soda is NOT a chemical). Or that the effects of it would be semi-permanent, for example when people use coconut and lime (I think) to loosen their curls or coils. I at least thought that if you didn't rinse the baking soda out with cold water, or use ACV or any other PH balancing product the cuticles would stay open for an hour or two. Now I know.

I'm still having issues finding an MHM approved leave-in and gel, but I've started to incorporate other parts of the regimen into my routine so that I can improve the health of my hair any way I can before I get the last two things. That's another reason I've been banging on about the baking soda - I wanted to be sure about what I was doing before I used it.

Re hair strand thickness: OK, so MHM doesn't increase strand thickness. However, does it mean then that max hydrated  fine 4C hair can't achieve the lengths of other hair types? And again, what lengths can fine 4Cs realistically expect to achieve with max hydration?

TIA

All hair can grow long. I have fine 4c hair, and doing this regimen i am finally starting to see a noticable rate of growth. The idea is that for fine 4c hair, protective styling and leaving your hair dry for a long time is not beneficial. Protective styling for fine 4c hair like braids, sewins. These pull on the hair. Plus when it comes time to detangle your hair is more likely to break from that than someone with dense strands. So with this method, you won't be leaving your hair dry for long periods of time, your hair is going to be soft and easy to detangle.

So yes, you will retain as much length as any other natural. Remember where i had that bald spot? Well now it feels stronger because it literally is attracted to that curl clump. Even if i separate it it will form right back into the clump. I have great spring back and the hair feels very strong there. Once starting this method, In 2.5 months my hair grew from 2.5 inches to 4 inches in that area. Before the method, it was growing much more slowly. I did a twists in my hair today and seeing my hair stretched has really opened my eyes to how much length i have retained, even despite having actively trimmed early on.

So yes, you can absolutely, absolutely expect long lengths doing this method on fine 4c hair. I know i have been natural for 7 years. At my six year mark before BCing, my hair was about an inch longer in the front of my hair than it is now. So retaining length in the front was a big issue, although i protected styled almost all the time.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 278>