Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 193>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 4:13pm
Hi - do we need to store the Clay rinse in the fridge? I mixed it in an old 32 oz conditioner bottle of have plenty left for the next 6 days. ***I apologize if this has already been asked & answered***

Edited by juan_mos - Jun 14 2014 at 4:14pm
Sponsored Links

msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by juan_mos juan_mos wrote:

I would love to know the answer to this and I think I'll need to incorp a little oil into the regimen for my hair as well.  Also can someone give me directions on how to post my pics? Is there a certain area we should post them in? I didn't know about the FB page (there are still quite a few pages in this forum I haven't read yet).... joining now!
As far as the pictures go, you can't upload them directly to the forum here. So you need to upload them elsewhere e.g. instagram or fotiki and have a link, then click on the icon of the picture and paste your link in the image url. Then it should embed the image here.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by natural essence natural essence wrote:

I see my pics have been posted!!
Thanks Pinker..... I am an amateur in this picture taking... next time I need to make sure the toilet seat is down!! Please see if you can take out the background images if you are to post on thefacebook or blog page!!

Pinke,

As you are being lenient with the oils now I wanted to know where I can incorporate them in the regimen... so far I have only been using the oil in the clay mix as well as after I have styled and my hair dries I will use a tad bit of an oil mix to loosen the crunch factor.

Earlier on in the thread you recommended to not follow LOC and at rather LCO or LCOC.

What sequence would I use the oils with my current styles: knot today and KCCC
Should it be: apply knot today, then KCCC then the oil or knot today, oil and then the KCCC?

Thanks

It says that oil before the gel, I personally haven't tried it yet but I assume she means 
L-Water
C- Conditioner  KCKT or MHM approved conditioner of choice
O- Oil
and then your MHM approved gel
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 5:02pm

Thanks MsDeeKay... I've been back and forth between your blog, vids & Pinke's vid since last night, just trying to wrap up Day 1 with all the steps completed.LOL I'm finally at 4 & 5 applying the leave-in & gel. Anyway, thanks for your reply to NaturalEssence... that's exactly what Pinke told me and probably why I failed so miserably at MHM last time. She advised against Terressentials and told me to do the Baking Soda rinse instead of the ACV.
No problem Big smile yes as far as the Aloe Vera goes we have determined that it's fine to be in the gel because it will dry into a cast and won't be as drying to low porosity hair. It seems like most of the gels have Aloe Vera in them, therefore it's something we can't avoid completely for the time being. 
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 5:06pm

Yeah this is the part I'm MOST anxious about even though I have a twa. I've always flaked in the past when applying KCKT & KCCC (neither watered down). I'm going to use a very light hand but make sure I'm applying the technique's MsDeeKay described in her blog for 2 in & up & 1.5 in & shorter. I'm counting on her a lot b/c we both have TWA's. Mine is tapered so shorter than hers in some areas but still close to the visual I need when doing my hair.

HELP: ladies please tell me how to reply to replies. It looks like my replies are not following the order of the post and not falling in line where they would make sense to the thread

Big smileIt took me a while to figure out how to post replies as well :) click on the quote button above the post you want to reply to and it will appear quoted then you can add on your message at the bottom.

Also sometimes when posting there are errors it says something like insufficient permission or something like that…just copy your response paste it in and try again. It should post your response on the second or third try.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

I've never gotten flakes when using this method. I used to get flakes occassionaly before doing the regimen because I guess my hair had build-up (because co-washing wasn't cleaning my hair 100%)

Yes I haven't had the flaking either. I only used to get the white residue for the first couple of days doing the regimen. That was before I watered down my conditioner. So I'm not sure why some people are experiencing this and some are not.
kwicherbichen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 5:25pm
@Juan

I get a very bad reaction from doing GHE.

#1 - are you using a CLEAN, NEW plastic cap?
#2 - are you reusing your plastic cap? I know if I use just a plastic bag, I will get itchy/sore the next day. 

I have to use a sterile cap. I have also ordered an anti-microbial cap to experiment with. Considering oiling my scalp with garlic oil which is anti-microbial.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 5:30pm

Hi - do we need to store the Clay rinse in the fridge? I mixed it in an old 32 oz conditioner bottle of have plenty left for the next 6 days. ***I apologize if this has already been asked & answered***

No, you can leave it out. The only thing that may happen is it may dry up. Then just add a little bit more water. The Cherry Lola is the one that can needs to be in the fridge and it can stay there for up to 2 - 3 weeks which should be your next application.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 5:45pm
I have caved in and diluted my gel and my conditioner. Surprisingly, it is just as effective. I don't know if it is the marshmellow or what, but its like... no amount of water will reduce these products. Really, we could all be saving money. Buy one bottle and mix it in a TUB of water lol.

But with my first dilution (half a bottle of gel/conditioner, half water), I STILL got flaking. I have since diluted it MORE and I have added castor oil to my gel. Will see how it goes tomorrow.

Here's my problem -- my hair is not SOFT when it dries. How is the hair supposed to feel? Granted, it feels better than I ever expect my hair to, but I don't know how it is supposed to feel. 

I am studying the nutrition component of this and I realized that drinking water is really important. That actually, you need to drink atleast 80 oz. of water daily for it to reach your hair. So I'm going to be drinking 3 liters of water a day and see what happens. After speaking with someone who deals with natural hair, she claims she has never met a woman with natural hair who can have really soft hair if she has not mastered the drinking water component.

Maybe its allll about wattteerrr.

Also, can someone please look at these ingredients for me?? This is a gel called PATTERN PUSHA:
Ingredients: Water, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Corn Starch Modified, Xanthan Gum, Ulmus Fulva (Slippery Elm Bark) Extract, Camelia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract,  Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance, Tetrasodium EDTA.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 5:55pm
And this conditioner:
Unrefined Social Justice Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Aloe barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Leaf Juice, Water, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Lavandula officinalis (Lavender) Extract, Mentha piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Rosa damascena (Rose), Extract, Yucca Schidigera (Yucca) Leaf Extract, Equisetum arvense (Horsetail) Leaf Extract, Urtica dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Cymbopogon citratus (Lemongrass) Extract, Melissa officinalis (Melissa) Leaf Extract, Persea gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Cannabis sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Olea europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Kosher Glycerin, Emulsifying wax, DL-panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Egg Yolk Powder, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Acacia Gum, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Palm Stearic Acid, Citric Acid and Silver Citrate (Tinosan SDC), Potassium Sorbate
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 193>
  Share Topic