Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9394959697 256>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by CurlyGurlTash CurlyGurlTash wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

yeah. Its just preference but other than that, i didnt see a major difference. Maybe try just heating it in step 2 and not in step 4. I personally do not heat it in step 4. I will try this eventually and see if i notice any whiteness. Is your hair white after you apply the conditioner?
No, it's not white after I apply the conditioner. Hey, FYI, I just happen to click on AketaFitgirl's Routine Explantion video and it's a person name Brenda Smith in the comment section who commented 5 days ago and she is asking and looking for info on The Max Hydration Method. I cant reply to it so I thought maybe you would want to go over there to direct her.

How does your hair feel as you apply the gel? Maybe you are applying too little. There should be a slippery feeling along the shaft. Or maybe not enough gel. How much are you watering down the conditioner? Try reducing it to 1 tablespoon.
I apply it until it feels slippery. I'm going to try it with just one tabelspoon of conditioner tomorrow and see what happens. When I usually start off with the 1 tablespoon of conditioner and add water, 6-8 ozs seem like it's too watery or something but I will see tomorrow.

yes try that. I left the comment on aketafitgirl's channel and also sent her a private message
Sponsored Links

CurlyGurlTash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyGurlTash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 10:08pm
Ok, good. I just made some leave in conditioner. I used 1 Tablespoon of the KCKT and 6oz water. When I shake it up it is foamy and them the bubbles settle at the top. Is this how your mixture is once you shake it up?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 10:10pm

Ok, good. I just made some leave in conditioner. I used 1 Tablespoon of the KCKT and 6oz water. When I shake it up it is foamy and them the bubbles settle at the top. Is this how your mixture is once you shake it up?

Yes, its just like that. I shake it whenever it settles too.
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 11:22pm
i'm doing a condensed version of the Max-hydration method.  Because of my hectic schedule, i don't have the time for the cherry lola treatments, betonite clay treatments, etc.

I have only one day - actually a few hours to work with my hair.

Thus, every friday night,

i spritz my hair with ACV, wrap it up for about an hour while i'm on the treadmill/elliptical trainer.

then do a co-wash with KCC/trader joes moisturizing conditioner

rinse,

then use the KCC conditioner sectioning the hair with a leave-in of choice

put it in a poodle turd, that's a braid tucked under and deep condition over night.

i've practiced this for over 2 months, since PinkCube was so kind to give us this great info. for 4c hair.

All of the bald spots that i have grown in.  The right temple is taking longer, but i'll  be patient.

Otherwise, my hair stays moist, and i can really see the tiny coils of 4c hair when i take it down.

I used to lose at least a palm-full of hair whenever i did a take down - 2'ce a week.. that's a lot of hair.

now,it's just a few strands at best. not even dime-sized.

Thanks Pink Cube. We 4c's don't have to look for the "holy grail" of hair anymore..

for a while, i actually thought i had alopecia, i was losing so much hair in a very, very dry climate.
Christine UK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Originally posted by waveyrus waveyrus wrote:

The method is working really well for me, so i really what is understand the how and why. So I can modify the method once I reach Max hydration. 

I was read up on using baking soda in hair and eveything i found said it is very bad to use baking soda in hair! I read that baking soda is very alkaline. The process of increasing your hair PH like that will make it soft and manageable by "[COLOR="#222222" face="Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, FreeSans, sans-serif"]<span style="line-height: 29.260000228881836px;"]cause the disulfide bonds between keratin protein molecules to break down and can eventually dissolve the protein"! Which is what a relaxer does! I hope I'm not putting my hair though a similar chemical process as a relaxer daily?</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#222222" face="Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, FreeSans, sans-serif" size="2"]<span style="line-height: 29.260000228881836px;"]I'm really worried about what I'm reading about baking soda and roller coasting the hairs PH like this method does. My hair is becoming very soft and manageable but is this a homemade texlax?</span]
[/COLOR]

This question has been asked like 10 times already. pinke you need to put the explanation in the first post so people can stop reacting to baking soda like its a virus. LOL
Christine UK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 11:59pm
In all fairness, this question is ALWAYS going to pop up so we have to be patient at all times with newcomers seeking to check out if the TMHM really works and is for them. Not everyo e will want to read from page 1 to date. I have only been in for the last 2 weeks and I am still tryi g to read through everything and I am up to page 44, and jumping fwd to the end pages to try and keep up! I too was and still am, concerned about what I read about BS, since there is a qoute in The Science of Black Hair that says that:...'BS hair washing over time will 'weaken the hair.increases the amount of hair swelling by significantly increasing the pH environment of your cleansing session. . This swelling (and contraction) weakens the hair fiber over time', p.75 (on my Kindle version on mobile phone). Reading qoutes as such by the un-informed, their fears are quite umderstandable. Better safe than sorry they'll say.   Science changes all the time or disputes what has gone before. I have trusted PinkeCube and believe that she has done her research and has backed up what she is saying. However, the FAQ, E-Books, and whatever else is needed, needs to follow soon as people are starting to talk!!! TMHM is certainly causing a stir and I for one have been promoting it to anyone who will listen!!! Let's not scare people away because they don't 'get it' yet xoxo
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Christine UK Christine UK wrote:

In all fairness, this question is ALWAYS going to pop up so we have to be patient at all times with newcomers seeking to check out if the TMHM really works and is for them. Not everyo e will want to read from page 1 to date. I have only been in for the last 2 weeks and I am still tryi g to read through everything and I am up to page 44, and jumping fwd to the end pages to try and keep up! I too was and still am, concerned about what I read about BS, since there is a qoute in The Science of Black Hair that says that:...'BS hair washing over time will 'weaken the hair.increases the amount of hair swelling by significantly increasing the pH environment of your cleansing session. . This swelling (and contraction) weakens the hair fiber over time', p.75 (on my Kindle version on mobile phone). Reading qoutes as such by the un-informed, their fears are quite umderstandable. Better safe than sorry they'll say.   Science changes all the time or disputes what has gone before. I have trusted PinkeCube and believe that she has done her research and has backed up what she is saying. However, the FAQ, E-Books, and whatever else is needed, needs to follow soon as people are starting to talk!!! TMHM is certainly causing a stir and I for one have been promoting it to anyone who will listen!!! Let's not scare people away because they don't 'get it' yet xoxo

I wouldn't buy hair swelling being detrimental. That would mean everytime you steam your hair or wash with warm water that that weakens the hair. But many ppl's hair thrive on these techniques and grow stronger. My hair was weaker the way it was before. It would mean any time you use a product that isn't ph balanced (and many are not) you'd get damage. It would mean the clay mix would be equally as damaging. I'm not sure why only bakingsoda is being targeted. Hair swells naturally every time you wet your hair as well. Hair swells in water period, it is what it is meant to do, and is especially beneficial for curly hair. Some ppl even have tap water with the same ph as bakinsoda. there is also information out there that tells people to be afraid of deep conditioning and basically washing their hair. I have steamed by hair for 3 months straight 24 hours and it grew back my hair from a bald spot. That hair curled from root to tip and was very strong with incredible spring back. If I was worried about hair swelling, i would never have done that. And I would still be bald. This is the area that stayed completely bald like that for almost a year. It was not budging.

At some point we have to choose to do what is best for our hair or we are limiting our selves severely. Claiming that the cuticles opening and closing is damaging is the same thing as saying steaming and deep conditioning is damaging. The same exact thing happens in terms of swelling. So as long as your goal is to moisturize your hair is going to swell, period. There is no avoiding it and it isn't something to be afraid of. Improper moisture absorption is going to give brittle and difficult to manage hair. That's why so many 4c and 4b naturals have trouble retaining length without hiding it all the time. So the breakage and lack of length retention will happen there. Some ppl even claim acv damages the hair overtime as well.

Extended explanation:
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page87.html

I get what u were trying to say Christine UK. Just felt the need to write it again since someone may have just read this comment and not the other pages yet. To clear up any worries.

You know i'm always on the forum to forward ppl to the pages, when they ask. I only wish i could edit page 1. as for the faq, that's getting done. But remember i'm both keeping up with these questions and trying to write the FAQ, so i'm trying my best to keep up with it all. Like Msdeekay mentioned, you can try and look up a keyword under topic search, which is at the top bar of each thread next to topic options. That way you don't have to search through the whole thing.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 14 2014 at 1:14am
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 3:17am
Hi MHM members! I'm new to the forum (and method) and wanted to say hi and chat a bit. I'm sitting here an hour into the DIY Cherry Lola Caramel (re-revised) treatment. It is 3:00 am in my time zone but I wanted to start so bad and my ingredients came today, so I did. I say re-revised b/c I didn't have the ripe banana & avocado so I didn't use them. Also, right before I started, I read the last few new entries & altered my recipe to 1 cup yogurt since my hair is TWA length. I was a little scared (still am) b/c the mixture literally looks like caramelErmm and not like the mixture on MsDeeKay YT vid (the yogurt is the only ingredient I halved)... but pressed on determined to get the beginning treatment done. I have about 45 min left for the treatment to sit. I've already mixed my co-wash (1 oz + 7oz water) & it's ready to go once I rinse the treatment out. I'm going to leave to co-wash in overnight (or until I wake up todaySleepy). Anyway, I'm excited to get some life into these 4C low porosity strands. I'll post an update with before pics (once I figure out how to do that) later today. I've already asked Pinke and MsDeeKay several questions on YT & IG... I'm really leaning on this forum to help me figure this out. I told Pinke that I've tried this before following Aketafitgirl's regimen and failed miserably. Not realizing she has the opposite porosity than I. I'm trying again and very hopeful to achieve MH within the next couple of months!Smile
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 3:48am
UPDATE: just rinsed out treatment.... hair feels like straw, stripped and squeaky clean all at the same time! BUT I do see coils. Moving on to co-wash/detangle so I can get in the bed....
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 7:38am
Originally posted by juan_mos juan_mos wrote:

UPDATE: just rinsed out treatment.... hair feels like straw, stripped and squeaky clean all at the same time! BUT I do see coils. Moving on to co-wash/detangle so I can get in the bed....

Don't forget to Deep condition overnight!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9394959697 256>
  Share Topic