Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 276>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by CurlyGurlTash CurlyGurlTash wrote:

Is anybody else having problems with the KCKT&KCCC combination flaking? No matter how much or less I use I always end up with a white cast that looks like dust particles or snow flakes in my hair. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't as noticeable but any movement with my hair it's fallingConfused. I have tried everything I can think of. I've watered it down, I've used it both with un-dilluted & dilluted KCKT, damp to soaking wet hair! I have to re-wet and do my hair everyday because of this. Thumbs Down

Hi curlygurltash, another person trying this method had this problem as well. Pay attention to how your hair looks as you are applying the leave in. If the leave in is white on your head or looks foamy as you are applying it, that is how it is going to dry. So smooth it in, and water it down even more. You do not want it to foam on your hair. Look at my wash and go tutorial on page 72. If you pay attention to how i apply my leave in, you will see that I make sure it is not foaming or turning white before i even apply the gel. I make sure to work in that conditioner, and if it starts turning white on my hair i know it has not been watered down enough. I work it into my hair very well and get rid of excess moisture as i smooth it in. But it your hair is foamy when you are applying the conditioner, it is going to remain foamy and dry white when you layer on the gel.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 13 2014 at 7:10pm
Sponsored Links

CurlyGurlTash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyGurlTash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Is anybody else having problems with the KCKT&KCCC combination flaking? No matter how much or less I use I always end up with a white cast that looks like dust particles or snow flakes in my hair. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't as noticeable but any movement with my hair it's fallingConfused. I have tried everything I can think of. I've watered it down, I've used it both with un-dilluted & dilluted KCKT, damp to soaking wet hair! I have to re-wet and do my hair everyday because of this. Thumbs Down

Hi curlygurltash, another person trying this method had this problem as well. Pay attention to how your hair looks as you are applying the leave in. If the leave in is white on your head or looks foamy as you are applying it, that is how it is going to dry. So smooth it in, and water it down even more. You do not want it to foam on your hair. Look at my wash and go tutorial on page 72. If you pay attention to how i apply my leave in, you will see that I make sure it is not foaming or turning white before i even apply the gel. I make sure to work in that conditioner, and if it starts turning white on my hair i know it has not been watered down enough. I work it into my hair very well and get rid of excess moisture as i smooth it in. But it your hair is foamy when you are applying the conditioner, it is going to remain foamy and dry white when you layer on the gel.
Thanks Pinkecube, believe you me when I say I have watched your video several times and i have diluted my KCKT by using 1-2oz cond to 6-8 ozs of water and I still get the same results. I have went through several jars of the KCCC trying to experiment with how much to use to get good results but it's not happening. I guess I will have to keep at it until I finish this last jar that I have. Unhappy
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 7:53pm
You arent warming the conditioner in the leave in step are you? That can cause the conditioner to coagulate. Are you adding anything to that step or mixing something else?
Hmm, it would be great if you could show pic of what your hair looks like after applying the leave in, and after applying the gel. Or a short clip of you doing the step.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyGurlTash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 8:03pm

You arent warming the conditioner in the leave in step are you? That can cause the conditioner to coagulate. Are you adding anything to that step or mixing something else?
Hmm, it would be great if you could show pic of what your hair looks like after applying the leave in, and after applying the gel. Or a short clip of you doing the step.
Nope, I'm not adding any extra steps or mixing anything else. I'm following all of the steps to the letter. I do warm the conditioner also. I will try to post pics when I can take some. We have a Trader Joe's opening later this month so I'm going to try the KCCC with the Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle conditioner and see what happens. The only thing is I'm worried about the  soy protein in the conditioner and the frequent use of it.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 8:20pm

Nope, I'm not adding any extra steps or mixing anything else. I'm following all of the steps to the letter. I do warm the conditioner also. I will try to post pics when I can take some. We have a Trader Joe's opening later this month so I'm going to try the KCCC with the Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle conditioner and see what happens. The only thing is I'm worried about the  soy protein in the conditioner and the frequent use of it.

Right, we dont want to warm the conditioner in the leave in step. Most importantly if you are warming the conditioner directly in the microwave. You want to heat water and then mix it. If you warm the conditioner directly it messes with the consistency and causes it to coagulate. So you may try that step by heating water separately, or just limiting the heating to step 2. The soy protein is way down the list and not hydrolyzed so it shouldnt pose a problem. I personally limit it though just because the kccc is thicker, and i just prefer it.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 13 2014 at 8:21pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyGurlTash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 8:32pm

Right, we dont want to warm the conditioner in the leave in step. Most importantly if you are warming the conditioner directly in the microwave. You want to heat water and then mix it. If you warm the conditioner directly it messes with the consistency and causes it to coagulate. So you may try that step by heating water separately, or just limiting the heating to step 2. The soy protein is way down the list and not hydrolyzed so it shouldnt pose a problem. I personally limit it though just because the kccc is thicker, and i just prefer it.
Yes, that's what I meant, when I do warm it, I add the warm water to the conditioner and then mix it up. Sometimes i just use the distilled water right out the bottle without warming it up and still the same thing. Did you mean you prefer the KCKT because it's thicker?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 8:35pm
yeah. Its just preference but other than that, i didnt see a major difference. Maybe try just heating it in step 2 and not in step 4. I personally do not heat it in step 4. I will try this eventually and see if i notice any whiteness. Is your hair white after you apply the conditioner?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyGurlTash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 8:45pm

yeah. Its just preference but other than that, i didnt see a major difference. Maybe try just heating it in step 2 and not in step 4. I personally do not heat it in step 4. I will try this eventually and see if i notice any whiteness. Is your hair white after you apply the conditioner?
No, it's not white after I apply the conditioner. Hey, FYI, I just happen to click on AketaFitgirl's Routine Explantion video and it's a person name Brenda Smith in the comment section who commented 5 days ago and she is asking and looking for info on The Max Hydration Method. I cant reply to it so I thought maybe you would want to go over there to direct her.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 8:49pm

No, it's not white after I apply the conditioner. Hey, FYI, I just happen to click on AketaFitgirl's Routine Explantion video and it's a person name Brenda Smith in the comment section who commented 5 days ago and she is asking and looking for info on The Max Hydration Method. I cant reply to it so I thought maybe you would want to go over there to direct her.

How does your hair feel as you apply the gel? Maybe you are applying too little. There should be a slippery feeling along the shaft. Or maybe not enough gel. How much are you watering down the conditioner? Try reducing it to 1 tablespoon. I'll check it out now, thanks

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 13 2014 at 8:52pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CurlyGurlTash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 8:55pm

How does your hair feel as you apply the gel? Maybe you are applying too little. There should be a slippery feeling along the shaft. Or maybe not enough gel. How much are you watering down the conditioner? Try reducing it to 1 tablespoon.
I apply it until it feels slippery. I'm going to try it with just one tabelspoon of conditioner tomorrow and see what happens. When I usually start off with the 1 tablespoon of conditioner and add water, 6-8 ozs seem like it's too watery or something but I will see tomorrow.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 276>