Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495 278>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rebekah93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 7:55am
Originally posted by Christine UK Christine UK wrote:

The Green Tea Hair Glaze is not available in the UK and the shipping is much higher thatn the cost of the product, so it's a no for us British curlies :((

I found the Giovanni LA Gel on amazon.co.uk:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00016X3KC/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also found the Curls Ecstasy Hair Tea Conditioner on this site:
http://www.myhairandbeauty.co.uk/brand/curls/for-women/women-curl-ecstasy-hair-tea-conditioner.html

The same site also carries 4Naturals Spring Back Curling Custard, but it's currently out of stock, but here is the link in case they restock:
http://www.myhairandbeauty.co.uk/brand/four-naturals/4-naturals/4-naturals-spring-back-curling-custard.html

Hope this helps :)
Sponsored Links

msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 8:36am
Originally posted by FaNcee NATURAL FaNcee NATURAL wrote:

Thanks @msdeekay for replying to my email the other day.  I appreciate all the you and @pinkecube are doing to bring us relevant information regarding this subject.

Today, I will be shopping for my baking soda, clay, condish and gel.  Will it benefit any to at least do steps 1 - 5 for a couple of days before I add the CherryLola step?  According to an initial porosity test my hair is leaning towards HighP.  I do understand the benefit of completing the steps, CherryLola and steps 2 - 5 for day one and the steps 1 - 5 on remaining 6 days.  However, I wont be able to do CherryLola until Saturday or Sunday.  

Also, after reviewing the recommended gel list, giovanni may be the only one I can purchase retail.  Have you discovered anymore approved gels that I may be able to find at my local beauty supply or even Sallys?

Also, I've been using JBCO on scalp and hair to promote hair growth.  Is this an approved oil to use if needed before the gel step?

Also, I have connected with the facebook pages for both MHM and Ms Dee Kay and will be sharing the word on both my personal and hair page at www.facebook.com/FanceeNatural.  @pinkecube do you have a facebook page?

Thanks for all you are doing.  Im excited to start this leg of my natural hair journey!!!

Your welcome FaNcee Natural and welcome to the MHM Journey looking forward to seeing your progress
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 8:40am
Originally posted by waveyrus waveyrus wrote:

she is 4, she does not like sleeping in a plastic cap

Hi waveyrus we have a kids version of the regimen it was posted somewhere in this thread in the past. This is what I use on my kids. They are boys but hav really frizzy hair and it has been working well on them here it is below:

For kids you will have to do all the steps in the morning, because there would be no DC(maybe a quick steam though for 5 minutes if you can)

clarify(baking soda option, warm water)

warm co-wash (let sit in hair for 5 minutes, or a quick steam if it's possible) rinse out w/ warm water

clay rinse without vinegar (make it a thicker mixture w/ less water on their hair so it is more pastey and thick and leave it on for 5-10 mintues if you can)

use warm water and conditioner mixture as leave in (make the consistency just slightly more thick for them, since they won't be deep conditioning)

seal with ph balanced botanical gel (kccc or any of my other recommendations.)

If their hair is short (an inch or less) shingling probably won't work. Just lightly take your fingers to their scalp in circular motions, focusing on one small area at a time, as you apply the leave in and gel as you move along.

msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Rebekah93 Rebekah93 wrote:

The Green Tea Hair Glaze is not available in the UK and the shipping is much higher thatn the cost of the product, so it's a no for us British curlies :((

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00016X3KC/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.myhairandbeauty.co.uk/brand/curls/for-women/women-curl-ecstasy-hair-tea-conditioner.html

The same site also carries 4Naturals Spring Back Curling Custard, but it's currently out of stock, but here is the link in case they restock:
http://www.myhairandbeauty.co.uk/brand/four-naturals/4-naturals/4-naturals-spring-back-curling-custard.html

I live in Europe and I have ordered KCKT & KCCC from amazon.co.uk 
I've also ordered from http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/categories/Kinky%252dCurly/
curlyemporium also carries thecurls ecstasy tea
and I have had great experience with iherb they have a flat shipping of $8 with dhl, you get ur shipment within 5 days and it is more cost effective than amazon as far as shipping goes and the kinky curly products are cheaper than on the uk sites.

aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 9:37am

pinke made a mistake with the 4naturals spring back curling custard. It is not MHM friendly
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 10:00am
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

pinke made a mistake with the 4naturals spring back curling custard. It is not MHM friendly

Right, thank you for helping out the U.k. naturals with those links. Big smileBut like aharri said, the 4naturals spring back custard's a no-no. There is a note of it on page 72 under where the link to the product recommendations is. Also two more have been added.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 13 2014 at 10:08am
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 10:08am

Hi Pinke, 
Maybe you should adjust the cherry lola recipe to match different hair lengths.  I had enough to do my hair twice!  Will be making 1/2 the amount next time.  Use the remainder the next day in my daughter's hair and it did not create the same silky feel in her hair after rinsing out.  It felt like the fizz action from the baking soda had been compromised?  Don't know if that makes any sense?  When mixing the cherry lola, I used it straight away but I read somewhere that it should stand for a certain amount of time before applying.  Can you shine some light on this?  Not sure if some chemical reaction needs to take place within the mixture before applying for it to clean effectively,

Lol, yeah it's a lot. Maybe use half the amount of everything except the aminos and the bakingsoda. Can't really see how getting half an egg would work. Maybe since it was not fresh, the mixture was not as foamy, so it didn't work as well because of that. Maybe next time pour what you are going to use into a separate bowl and add the bakingsoda last. Then if you want to save the rest of the mixture, put it in the fridge and the next day when you do it on your daughter, then add the bakingsoda. That way it will still foam. The foaming happens because of the yogurt being acidic, so adding bakingsoda does that. I found when it foamed it worked better. That's why i liked my modified version even more.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 10:10am

Thanks for the feedback PINKE.  Was using up the only gel I had, but still getting progress (was using a little oil b4 the gel.  I have a friend who is visiting the states and requested they bring me some kccc and kckt so I can feelthe viscosity of them both so I can create my own version.  Also just received my order for Irish moss, slippery elm and marshmallow root etc so I can experiment/create a MHM friendly gel.  Smile

Your welcome. Yeah, those are great ingredients, good so you can know what consistency to make!
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 10:15am

Pinke, I am so used to using EVCO, especially for when I was pre-pooing (before startint TMHM) and it always made my hair soft.  So I guess that my hair liked it as it never dried it out.  How can you tell if you are sensitive to it (plastizes the cortex, as you said)?  Obviously, if we avoid using it, then there is no worry about that issue, but I really love using EVCO.  Do I really have to give it up even though it works for me?  Will you also be going into more depth about this in your much anticipated E-Book?  Some diagrams would be useful.  Hope I am not being a pain asking all my questions.  I am a bit of a theory and practice type of girl.  Love to know the hows, whys, dos and donts as I know you do.  Thanks for always getting back to me.  I know you must be super busyStarHeart

Hi Christine, you will be able to tell if you are sensitive if your apply it and it makes your hair hard or feel dry or squeeky. I think since you used it as a prepoo, it is different because you are treating it more like the astringent it is, washing it out. So it will get product off your hair and not really get the chance to absorb. But some ppl are sensitive to even that much. I am getting into detail about that into the ebook. I don't know about diagrams, but it will be thoroughly explained. Your welcomeBig smileSmile
CurlyGurlTash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyGurlTash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 6:51pm
Is anybody else having problems with the KCKT&KCCC combination flaking? No matter how much or less I use I always end up with a white cast that looks like dust particles or snow flakes in my hair. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't as noticeable but any movement with my hair it's fallingConfused. I have tried everything I can think of. I've watered it down, I've used it both with un-dilluted & dilluted KCKT, damp to soaking wet hair! I have to re-wet and do my hair everyday because of this. Thumbs Down
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495 278>