Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394 281>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
waveyrus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waveyrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 4:47pm
she is 4, she does not like sleeping in a plastic cap
Sponsored Links

waveyrus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waveyrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 4:47pm
do you rinse the hair out before step 1
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 4:49pm
These 4c hair typing police need to stop. It's these kinds of foolish comments that are holding back the type 4c community. First of all, learn to read. Do not come on a channel and just leave a bunch of ignorant verbal vomit in the comments section, when you clearly have not read into the method and don't know what it actually is and how it actually works. Second, stop contributing to the "Good hair" hierarchy on youtube. Any time anyone with 4c hair on youtube talks about wash and gos or any definition. The 4c hair typing police is quick to say, 4c hair has no curl pattern. If their hair is tightly coiled and gets definition somehow, all of a sudden, "You were never 4c."

Why do we do this? It is misleading so many people, forcing ppl to believe they shouldn't want hydrated hair and they should want to cultivate their coils. We insist on perpetuating this brainwash that 4c hair doesn't curl. We run away from our shrinkage and get self-righteous toward anyone who talks about definition. Why should it be a bad thing to want to define our tiny coils? Especially since it is actually a sign of hair health anyway?

This is the comment left on my channel:

"Your hair isn't 4c and has never been. The hair typing system is based on diameter not texture. You can have "nappy" hair from 2c all the way to 4c. Your hair is a 4a/4b mix. Stop misleading 4c women into doing all of this to their hair to end up with the same results as before. This is the equivalent to Miss Jessie's old advertising claiming their curly pudding will take you from Solange's hair to Traci Ross' hair. It doesn't. This method will hydrate the hair but it will not change your hair type as you're ultimately claiming it did. Take 4c out of the title. "

My response:

"First of all, I have 3 textures on my head and i know all 3 of them. I have been natural for 7 years and i know my texture. You are a random person on the internet who has had a glimpse of my texture for 6 minutes and you think you know what it is. You have not seen my hair in it's fully shrunken dry state. I have 4c hairs on my head, that are literally the diameter of an embroidery bead. Many of them are now defined from root to tip. I think it is you who does not know the proper definition of nappy, and what 4c hair actually is. Since when is definition equal to curl size? Did I say any where at all ever that this method turned my hair into giant 3c ringlets? Did I say this changed my curl pattern? Where did you pull that out from?

You need to stop deceiving people into thinking their hair cannot define. I suggest you educate yourself by going on the forum titled max hydration method in the description. There is a page on 84 and 81 that talks about it. I'm am well aware of hair types and my own. I have majority of 4c hair, some 4bs. I have 4a at my nape only. So i go by 4c. The Max Hydration Method has been effective on all 3 of my hair types.

This regimen does not change the hair type and either way that is irrelevant, because 4c hair IS A CURL. It is an extremely compact and tight coil, which i have researched and know that i have. So it is irrelevant to act like i am saying this will increase the size of your curls or change the curl pattern. I'm pretty sure I said that this does not create bigger curls in the description and several times on the post, both of which you clearly haven't read. This will define the tiniest of coils and zigzags.

If i listened to these kind of hypocritical comments i would have never reached the potential of my hair. So before you try to speak on a regimen you clearly know nothing about and haven't even READ into, please stop trying to tell me what i need to do and what my hair type is. You have absolutely, no idea what you are talking about. And you are telling me to change the title of the video? No. I will not do that, ever.

If you leave another angry ignorant based comment under this video, you will be officially blocked and your comment removed. I do not tolerate trolls."

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 12 2014 at 9:12pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by waveyrus waveyrus wrote:

she is 4, she does not like sleeping in a plastic cap

Yeah if she's 4 i wouldn't do overnight DC anyway. Just do all the steps in the morning, and get a thermal heating cap if possible. No you do not rinse out hair before step 1. Step 1 is going to remove your product.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 12 2014 at 4:51pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by FaNcee NATURAL FaNcee NATURAL wrote:

Can I use henna while doing TMHM?

You can, but not too often. The focus with this method is moisture, and especially if you have 4c or 4b hair, limit the protein. If you want a mild protein treatment, that is what the cherry lola is for. It is better because they are fatty and animal protein that won't absorb into the hair. And the bentonite clay step is strengthening anyway. You won't really need it.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 8:15pm
"curl is when the hair bends and changes direction as it grows. A kink on the other hand is a torsion twist where the hair strand itself twists on it’s axis. A picture is worth a thousand words so here’s a clearer 2d image of what a kink is compared to a curl and how they come together to form kinky curly hair. "

Read:
http://www.blackhairinformation.com/growth/hair-growth/hair-under-the-microscope-curly-vs-kinky-point-of-weakness/

If you only had kink, there would be no shrinkage. and Kink is caused by dehydration. This is why dry hair causes breakage, and why many 4c naturals with fine hair strands and low density especially, have trouble retaining length.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 12 2014 at 8:20pm
Christine UK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 4:38am
Hi Pinke, 
Maybe you should adjust the cherry lola recipe to match different hair lengths.  I had enough to do my hair twice!  Will be making 1/2 the amount next time.  Use the remainder the next day in my daughter's hair and it did not create the same silky feel in her hair after rinsing out.  It felt like the fizz action from the baking soda had been compromised?  Don't know if that makes any sense?  When mixing the cherry lola, I used it straight away but I read somewhere that it should stand for a certain amount of time before applying.  Can you shine some light on this?  Not sure if some chemical reaction needs to take place within the mixture before applying for it to clean effectively,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 7:23am
Thanks for the feedback PINKE.  Was using up the only gel I had, but still getting progress (was using a little oil b4 the gel.  I have a friend who is visiting the states and requested they bring me some kccc and kckt so I can feelthe viscosity of them both so I can create my own version.  Also just received my order for Irish moss, slippery elm and marshmallow root etc so I can experiment/create a MHM friendly gel.  Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 7:34am
Pinke, I am so used to using EVCO, especially for when I was pre-pooing (before startint TMHM) and it always made my hair soft.  So I guess that my hair liked it as it never dried it out.  How can you tell if you are sensitive to it (plastizes the cortex, as you said)?  Obviously, if we avoid using it, then there is no worry about that issue, but I really love using EVCO.  Do I really have to give it up even though it works for me?  Will you also be going into more depth about this in your much anticipated E-Book?  Some diagrams would be useful.  Hope I am not being a pain asking all my questions.  I am a bit of a theory and practice type of girl.  Love to know the hows, whys, dos and donts as I know you do.  Thanks for always getting back to me.  I know you must be super busyStarHeart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 7:38am
The Green Tea Hair Glaze is not available in the UK and the shipping is much higher thatn the cost of the product, so it's a no for us British curlies :((
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style