Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293 180>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 6:34am
pinke there were some people who used conditioner as a substitute for the yogurt in the cherry lola treatment and said it worked better. What do you think about this?
Sponsored Links

FaNcee NATURAL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote FaNcee NATURAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 9:58am
Thanks @msdeekay for replying to my email the other day.  I appreciate all the you and @pinkecube are doing to bring us relevant information regarding this subject.

Today, I will be shopping for my baking soda, clay, condish and gel.  Will it benefit any to at least do steps 1 - 5 for a couple of days before I add the CherryLola step?  According to an initial porosity test my hair is leaning towards HighP.  I do understand the benefit of completing the steps, CherryLola and steps 2 - 5 for day one and the steps 1 - 5 on remaining 6 days.  However, I wont be able to do CherryLola until Saturday or Sunday.  

Also, after reviewing the recommended gel list, giovanni may be the only one I can purchase retail.  Have you discovered anymore approved gels that I may be able to find at my local beauty supply or even Sallys?

Also, I've been using JBCO on scalp and hair to promote hair growth.  Is this an approved oil to use if needed before the gel step?

Also, I have connected with the facebook pages for both MHM and Ms Dee Kay and will be sharing the word on both my personal and hair page at www.facebook.com/FanceeNatural.  @pinkecube do you have a facebook page?

Thanks for all you are doing.  Im excited to start this leg of my natural hair journey!!!
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

pinke there were some people who used conditioner as a substitute for the yogurt in the cherry lola treatment and said it worked better. What do you think about this?

You may as well just do step 1 bakingsoda option then. I guess they do it because it feels less drying. Kind of like how the MHM bakingsoda step isn't just bakingsoda and water to prevent it from being stripping. But the modified CL is less drying that the orginal too. How much conditioner is used btw? I heard about this too, i think it's an okay option but then you may as well just do the modified version or step1.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by FaNcee NATURAL FaNcee NATURAL wrote:

Thanks @msdeekay for replying to my email the other day.  I appreciate all the you and @pinkecube are doing to bring us relevant information regarding this subject.

Today, I will be shopping for my baking soda, clay, condish and gel.  Will it benefit any to at least do steps 1 - 5 for a couple of days before I add the CherryLola step?  According to an initial porosity test my hair is leaning towards HighP.  I do understand the benefit of completing the steps, CherryLola and steps 2 - 5 for day one and the steps 1 - 5 on remaining 6 days.  However, I wont be able to do CherryLola until Saturday or Sunday.  

Also, after reviewing the recommended gel list, giovanni may be the only one I can purchase retail.  Have you discovered anymore approved gels that I may be able to find at my local beauty supply or even Sallys?

Also, I've been using JBCO on scalp and hair to promote hair growth.  Is this an approved oil to use if needed before the gel step?

Also, I have connected with the facebook pages for both MHM and Ms Dee Kay and will be sharing the word on both my personal and hair page at www.facebook.com/FanceeNatural.  @pinkecube do you have a facebook page?

Thanks for all you are doing.  Im excited to start this leg of my natural hair journey!!!

Hi FaNcee NATURAL, it is perfectly fine to start the cherry lola whenever you can. I know some beauty supplies sell kinky curly curling custard, i my self have gotten some from there. Other than that, it is sold at target. I'm not to sure about the other gels. Just make sure you don't confuse the giovanni gel with another. Some gels they sell are not MHM approved so make sure its the right one.

Yes you can use JBCO, there's no problem with that at all.

That's great about the facebook, thank you for that! No, I do not have a personal facebook page. I do have a youtube, but i'm not going to be that active on it in regards to videos(not as active as msdeekay's youtube), except for the couple of vids i currently have up. Your welcome! Welcome to the MHM journey!Big smileSmile
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 2:06pm
Hi kaforres,
Welcome to the MHM journey! I see Msdeekay answered your questions(Thanks Msdeekay!Smile), just wanted to give you a hello and welcome you to the forum. I'm glad you are trying this!

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 12 2014 at 2:06pm
Christine UK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 3:51pm
Hi Pinke.  I have enjoyed washing my hair more frequently doing TMHM, especially the initial 7 days!  I can't wait to get under the shower!  lol  Who would have known?   I have almost completed 2 weeks with some really good results; still have areas that are responding but slower in reacting but I know it's coming!  

I wanted to know if co-washing in between the 5 step wash days is beneficial, a hindrance or makes no difference to gaining/maintaining hydration?  For example: 

mon evening - step 1 baking soda clarification,  step 2 DC overnight

Tues morning - step 3 bentonite clay, step 4 LI, little EVOO, step 5 gel
Tues night - GHE

Wed morn - co-wash, LI, gel
Wed night -  step 1 baking soda clarification,  step 2 DC overnight

Thurs morn - step 3 bentonite clay, step 4 LI, little EVOO, step 5 gel

Fri morn - rinse with water only or co-wash, LI, little EVOO, gel

Sat morn -  step 1-5

This is going to be a typical week's example of how I will be doing the regimen.  Due a cherry lola; waiting for coconut aminos delivery!  Was concerned about keeping my hair in a continuous wet state but didn't think it would be a problem as I think I read where you said you did a GHE for a full week?  Correct me if wrongClown  Just in case, I have wrapped my hair in a t-shirt to soak up the surplus water after step 5 and in the meantime, do my make up etc then I take it off, it's still damp but dries in a couple of hours! tip from Rachel cpr. 

Should I continue what I am doing till I reach max hydration then maintain or is there anything I need to change?  I guess what I'm asking is: am I doing anything wrong or anything that will slow down my progress?  Still buzzing about how soft and moisturised my hair feels!  Thank you for sharing and your continued expertise... 

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Christine UK Christine UK wrote:

Hi Pinke.  I have enjoyed washing my hair more frequently doing TMHM, especially the initial 7 days!  I can't wait to get under the shower!  lol  Who would have known?   I have almost completed 2 weeks with some really good results; still have areas that are responding but slower in reacting but I know it's coming!  

I wanted to know if co-washing in between the 5 step wash days is beneficial, a hindrance or makes no difference to gaining/maintaining hydration?  For example: 

mon evening - step 1 baking soda clarification,  step 2 DC overnight

Tues morning - step 3 bentonite clay, step 4 LI, little EVOO, step 5 gel
Tues night - GHE

Wed morn - co-wash, LI, gel
Wed night -  step 1 baking soda clarification,  step 2 DC overnight

Thurs morn - step 3 bentonite clay, step 4 LI, little EVOO, step 5 gel

Fri morn - rinse with water only or co-wash, LI, little EVOO, gel

Sat morn -  step 1-5

This is going to be a typical week's example of how I will be doing the regimen.  Due a cherry lola; waiting for coconut aminos delivery!  Was concerned about keeping my hair in a continuous wet state but didn't think it would be a problem as I think I read where you said you did a GHE for a full week?  Correct me if wrongClown  Just in case, I have wrapped my hair in a t-shirt to soak up the surplus water after step 5 and in the meantime, do my make up etc then I take it off, it's still damp but dries in a couple of hours! tip from Rachel cpr. 

Should I continue what I am doing till I reach max hydration then maintain or is there anything I need to change?  I guess what I'm asking is: am I doing anything wrong or anything that will slow down my progress?  Still buzzing about how soft and moisturised my hair feels!  Thank you for sharing and your continued expertise... 

Hi Christine UK, that's great to hear, glad you are enjoying the process and progress!Big smileSmile

Cowashing isn't really going to take away from you, that's perfectly fine. The GHE isn't going to do much with gel on your hair though.

I have done GHE for 3 months straight, and it grew back 1.5 inches a bald spot that was completely bare and smooth for almost a year. The new growth curled from root to tip even though this area was 4c hair. The only reason the rest of my hair didn't reach max hydration, is because I had heavy butter on my hair. Currently the area is 4 inches(well, when i checked about a month or more ago)

Nothing you need to change really, I don't see anything that would slow down your progress.
waveyrus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waveyrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 4:28pm
We are rinse between each step right? Are people getting in and out of the shower at each step?
Also I want to do this on my daughter but she does not like the long process. is it ok if I do each step just cut down on the amount of time I spend in each step?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by waveyrus waveyrus wrote:

We are rinse between each step right? Are people getting in and out of the shower at each step?
Also I want to do this on my daughter but she does not like the long process. is it ok if I do each step just cut down on the amount of time I spend in each step?

Yes. Step one is a rinse. Step two is a steam/DC, which you then rinse out, turning it into a cowash, and of course adding more conditioner if needed. Step 3 is clay. Wait, then rinse it out. Step 4 and 5 are not rinsed out unitl it is time to do step 1. You would just apply step 1 over the gel, let it sit and remove it.

yes, you can do that. Is she old enough to DC overnight? That helps split the regimen in half. If not just make sure if in the morning, you are heating your conditioner in the Cowash step by heating the water first and then pouring it into the conditioner. Do this for the B.S step too. Still leave it in for at least 5-10 minutes under a showercap, or it would be helpful to have a steamer or thermal heating cap. And keep the clay in the hair for 10 minutes.
FaNcee NATURAL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaNcee NATURAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 4:47pm
Can I use henna while doing TMHM?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293 180>