Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 197>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by waveyrus waveyrus wrote:

The method is working really well for me, so i really what is understand the how and why. So I can modify the method once I reach Max hydration. 

I was read up on using baking soda in hair and eveything i found said it is very bad to use baking soda in hair! I read that baking soda is very alkaline. The process of increasing your hair PH like that will make it soft and manageable by "cause the disulfide bonds between keratin protein molecules to break down and can eventually dissolve the protein"! Which is what a relaxer does! I hope I'm not putting my hair though a similar chemical process as a relaxer daily?
I'm really worried about what I'm reading about baking soda and roller coasting the hairs PH like this method does. My hair is becoming very soft and manageable but is this a homemade texlax?

This question has been asked like 10 times already. pinke you need to put the explanation in the first post so people can stop reacting to baking soda like its a virus. LOL
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

This question has been asked like 10 times already. pinke you need to put the explanation in the first post so people can stop reacting to baking soda like its a virus. LOL

lol aharriLOL
Yes, i wish i could edit the first post, but the website doesn't let you after the first 2 days.

aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

lol aharriLOL
Yes, i wish i could edit the first post, but the website doesn't let you after the first 2 days.

I really wish people would think about what they're being told. If baking soda was similar a relaxer there would be no need for relaxers LOL

Also isn't baking soda used for food? Yet people don't freak out about it like they do when it comes to hair
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 7:19pm

I really wish people would think about what they're being told. If baking soda was similar a relaxer there would be no need for relaxers LOL

Also isn't baking soda used for food? Yet people don't freak out about it like they do when it comes to hair

True, and I have never once heard of a texturizer that uses bakingsoda as the active ingredient.  I don't understand why the have all this random misinfo on youtube. Especially the ones that say 4c hair hates water, or we should be afraid to deep condition. They are literally giving us the opposite advice for what we really need!

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 11 2014 at 7:19pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 7:24pm
Natural Essence's Testimony pics!ClapClapBig smileBig smile

Bentonite Clay step:

20140517 154458

After Styling:

20140517 154533

20140517 154537

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 11 2014 at 7:25pm
kaforres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaforres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 11:31pm
@pinkecube, I will be starting this as soon as I take my Marley twist out. Could you please give me the brand or pit up a picture of all the ingredients you use for the the cherry lots caramel treatment and the clay. I plan on going to whole foods tomorrow and I want to make sure I get the right kind of honey, ACV,molasses etc. also will it be okay to use baby food for the apple & avocado because I don't eat any of those foods & I hate wasting food, and if I bought the actual fruit I would have to through the rest of it in the trash. Also, the day after the cherry lota treatment for step 1 do I put the baking soda in the conditioner???? I just want to make sure I do each step correctly. Could you or someone else put up a detailed video of each step including mixing the ingredients together and applying it to your hair? I'm a visual learner and I saw your video about how you apply the conditioner and the gel. My hair hated KCCC so I think that I am going to order the green tea curl care and see how that goes. If anyone could let me know how they liked the green tea curl care it would be greatly appreciated. I think these are all the questions I have, if I have any other questions I will let you know. Thanks for sharing this method!
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by kaforres kaforres wrote:

@pinkecube, I will be starting this as soon as I take my Marley twist out. Could you please give me the brand or pit up a picture of all the ingredients you use for the the cherry lots caramel treatment and the clay. I plan on going to whole foods tomorrow and I want to make sure I get the right kind of honey, ACV,molasses etc. also will it be okay to use baby food for the apple & avocado because I don't eat any of those foods & I hate wasting food, and if I bought the actual fruit I would have to through the rest of it in the trash. Also, the day after the cherry lota treatment for step 1 do I put the baking soda in the conditioner???? I just want to make sure I do each step correctly. Could you or someone else put up a detailed video of each step including mixing the ingredients together and applying it to your hair? I'm a visual learner and I saw your video about how you apply the conditioner and the gel. My hair hated KCCC so I think that I am going to order the green tea curl care and see how that goes. If anyone could let me know how they liked the green tea curl care it would be greatly appreciated. I think these are all the questions I have, if I have any other questions I will let you know. Thanks for sharing this method!

hi kaforres, welcome to the mhm journey.
Below are the videos for the cherry lola caramel demo

Cowash and condition step

Wash and go step:

All the steps application

I should be having the clay step some time next week will post it here. Also working on the baking soda and acv steps.

I'm not pinkecube but I have listed the brands I use for cherry lola, recommendations for clay, conditioners and gel on my blog. They have worked just fine for me. 
For the clay I use the aztec brand its on the link. That is what Pinke uses as well.
Scroll on this page:
http://www.msdeekay.com/the-maximum-hydration-method/the-maximum-hydration-method-regimen/

After cherry lola the next day you will skip step 1 and do step 2 cowash and detangle
you can do it right after your cherry lola and deep condition overnight or steam
then do the clay
then the wash and go

Edited by msdeekay - Jun 11 2014 at 11:44pm
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 12:03am
For the next day for the baking soda step

Mix 1-2 tablespoons of baking soda into thick 1.5-3 oz conditioner. Add 4-7 oz of water. Shake. Apply to hair in sections and let sit on the hair for 30-60 minutes. If being done on product free hair, lower baking soda measurement to 1-2 teaspoons.
This was Aharri's comparison of green tea and kccc
Ok first impressions of Green tea curl glaze

Pros:
- Seems to have more hold than KCCC
- better curl definition

Cons:
- Crunchy 1st day hair
- Smell isnt great if you actually smell the product out of the jar ( I don't smell anything on my hair though)
- Kind of gummy/slimy like KCCC. Gotta be careful when applying

I think in the end he preffered kccc because he didnt have to order it. 

Naturaltash1's review GTCG
So I received my green tea curl glaze and I like it way better than the kinky curlcurling custard. It really defines my coils. It has similar ingredients but it isn't slimmy or sticky like the kinky curlcurling custard.

Yea I did try the GTCG with the knot today. I did have better definition but please keep n mind that I'm still struggling with steps 4 & 5. My hair does air dry crunchy with the glaze but once you scrunch out the crunch then it fine. I still like the KCCC too so either one will work with the knot today. The glaze isn't as slimmy as the kinky curly which I like.

@aharri23 I agree with your pros & cons. My hair is super crunchy with the green tea glaze but I get better definition with it too. The kinky curly custard does leave my hair softer tho. I do agree with pinkecube that these two products are comparable. I'm not sure if I will repurchase the green tea glaze tho.

Curly Girl Tash's review GTCG

I recently purchased the Green Tea Curl Glaze and it does just what the others who tried it reported. It defines my hair better than KCCC, but it goes on my hair rough like and makes hair kind of tangly, (whick I think that may be from the green tea extract becuase I reserached it and it's said to contain panthenol). My hair has better shine with the GTCG (my hair looks more black than it does with the KCCC. KCCC gives it a more brownish tint which is my real hair color. The GTCG seems to be drying on my hair though so KCCC beats it when it comes to moisture hands down! The GTCG claims to strenghten the hair and it seems to do that but seems to much for my strands. I will keep playing around with to see what I come up with since I have it.

@aharri23 since you have now tried the kinky curling custard, green tea glaze, & now the herbal styling gel. Can you tell me which gel you like the best? Which one are you going to use for your gel step? Also how do you like the Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle conditioner?

In all honesty I didn't notice a difference with all the gels and they all pretty much work the same. I personally would recommend KCCC because its easy to get on the ground and the packaging is good. The Herbal hair styling gel you can't scoop out of a jar but you have to squeeze it. Also the shipping was more than the product itself ($8) so i don't think ill be repurchasing. The Green Tea Curl Glaze is almost the same as KCCC, but you can't find it on the ground.

Edited by msdeekay - Jun 12 2014 at 5:15am
kaforres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaforres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 12:04am
Thanks @msdeekay I will check out your blog tonight. I will be sure to watch these videos before I try it and thanks for clarifying that I will not need to do step 1 the day after the cherry lota treatment. Do you have a video of you doing step 1, do you put the baking soda in some conditioner or you only use the baking soda mix by itself?
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 5:20am
Hi guys,
Just wanted to let you know that you can actual search within this thread. At the top of the thread there is a button that says Topic Search and if you click on it and put in your search term it should bring back all the posts regarding your question of choice, in this thread.

This will make it easier if you have questions and it has already been answered you will see everyones question and discussion on the topic without having to go back and read all the pages. This also helps if you are looking for some particular information and dont know what page it is on. Just make sure you are a bit specific with your search term. So you dont get too many results back.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 197>
  Share Topic