Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8687888990 278>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 11:20am
thanks DeeThumbs Up
Sponsored Links

waveyrus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waveyrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 11:23am
Ok thanks I feel better, I was just freaking out a bit after read that stuff about baking soda. My question now is the girl video about the cherry lola treatment said she does not recommend using baking soda on high pores hair. Can someone point me to a post or video about low VS high pores hair. Thanks
waveyrus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waveyrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 11:27am
Also this whole freak out trip happened because I wanted to find out WHY we were doing each step. And HOW the products we are using are achieving the goals in each step. That why I started with the first step being baking soda and I was trying to understand what we were doing to the hair and why. I wanted to modified the treatment because it really is very time consuming for me. Yesterday I did not have time to do it, so I skipped a day, I did not notice any set backs today
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 11:30am
Originally posted by waveyrus waveyrus wrote:

Ok thanks I feel better, I was just freaking out a bit after read that stuff about baking soda. My question now is the girl video about the cherry lola treatment said she does not recommend using baking soda on high pores hair. Can someone point me to a post or video about low VS high pores hair. Thanks

That's her take on it, but she isn't an expert on high porous hair. Aketafitgirl also implements bakingsda in her routine and her hair loves it. She is high porosity. The only issue with bakingsoda is it can be stripping, especially if you are just using straight bakingsoda and water, like some ppl do. I also noticed my hair was more moisturized w/ my modified cherry lola treatment. However, this mixture is not stripping, so their is no issue. Honestly, porosity does not really matter with in this regimen. The reason why i talk about it a lot, is to explain why other methods tend not to work for ppl. But the techniques used, are beneficial for everyone. It would be like saying steaming isn't good for high porosity hair because it lifts the cuticle. But doesn't the cuticle need to be lifted, to properly absorb the highest potential of moisture? I think there is a lot of confusion in this sense, but it really doesn't make a difference what your hair type is. This regimen will work for you.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 11:32am

Also this whole freak out trip happened because I wanted to find out WHY we were doing each step. And HOW the products we are using are achieving the goals in each step. That why I started with the first step being baking soda and I was trying to understand what we were doing to the hair and why. I wanted to modified the treatment because it really is very time consuming for me. Yesterday I did not have time to do it, so I skipped a day, I did not notice any set backs today

Each step is very important. When you skip a step, you are going to be lessening the effectiveness of the results. This works together like a system. You can stretch the regimen every 3 days. I emphasize trying to do it everyday for a week, because this is going to give your faster results in a short amount of time. It's like a boost because the improvements seen in the regimen are determined by the number of times you do it.

Please read ALL of page 72. At the bottom of the regimen post, there are links to what our hair is doing in each step of the regimen.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 11 2014 at 11:34am
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 11:38am

That's because usually people do not use baking soda as we use it in this regimen. In this regimen by the end of this regimen we introduce methods to close the cuticles back. Therefore no matter your porosity we are closing the cuticles so it doesn't really matter. '

Another thing that is why we have options in this regimen, to either use ACV or baking soda. This is the part you listen to your hair and see which one your hair responds best to.

Are you still in the 7 day period? The reason we say to do it on a schedule is not because you will notice an immediate setback. It is because doing it consistently builds up the moisture levels therefore you are slowing down your progress in that sense. Its like a glass of water which is half full. If you keep adding water to it, it will get full at some point(maximum hydration) if you dont, but keep drinking from it, it will not get empty right away but eventually will. And when you refill your glass after depleting it you wont be at the same point as you would be if you continuously filled it up. ( Hope you get my point LOL )

What each step has also been answered in a previous page I pasted it below:

What your hair is specifically doing in each of the main 5 steps:

Step 1:

Bakingsoda: cuticles are opening, build up blocking cuticles is gently being removed.

ACV- cuticles are closing, build up blocking cuticles is gently being removed.

Step2. 
Deep condition overnight. Warmed conditioner cowash, steam, thermal heating cap, hooded drier, whatever- cuticles are opening due to heat, build up is mostly gone and so moisture is absorbing into the hair cortex.

Step 3.

Clay rinse- cuticles are being reopened, hair clumping and being further clarified from what build up is left over from step 1 and 2. Once completely rinsed out, this is where you check your mhm status to see how much moisture retention you have, by how far up the strand the curls are beginning to clump (tips, halfway up the strand, 3/4 up the strands, and all the way up to the root) and the total progress over your whole head.

Step 4.

Watered down conditioner as leave in. Your hair is drinking moisture as you apply it, and being well lubricated so the gel will clump your curls better.

Step 5:

Gel:

Your moisture is sealed in, and your cuticles are closing b/c of the ph of the gel is ph balanced. You will also have definition, and your coils will be kept in their clumps and prevented from tangling onto the other. The cast of the gel will also protect the cuticle layer. Serves well as protective style.

Question about porosity and Pinke's answer also from previous pages

I am normal/ high porosity, can I do the Cherry Lola Caramel treatment?My hair is not of low porosity, so do I still need to do the cherry lola etc, or can skip this step and proceed to the ACV clarification steps onwards?

Yes, it will work for Normal/ High porosity hair. Everyone with curly/coily hair has cuticles and everyone’s hair needs moisture. This regimen works simply with how the hair works, and controls every aspect. Plus, the last 2 steps are effective in closing and sealing the cuticle, which is the main issue for high porosity hair.

The cherry lola caramel treatment is beneficial for high porosity hair as well. I emphasize it for low porosity as being important, but high porous and normal porous hair can benefit from it as well. I say experiment with it once and see if you like it, there’s no risk or downside.

You can experiment with each clarification option to see what works best for you. But at the end of the day this regimen will work no matter your porosity, it just with low porosity 4c and 4b hair, this method is the only way to get max hydration. Other hair types may get max hydration using this method as well, it may even be quicker.High porosity can do it, since it is also a mild protein treatment. They might not feel the need to, but the treatment is totally optional. Just like anyone can benefit from deep conditioning, any one can benefit from cuticle opening techniques, but its likely they may not need to. I’d say let them experiment with it. Besides, a lot of people have their porosity confused, especially in regard to low and high porosity hair.

Edited by msdeekay - Jun 11 2014 at 11:40am
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 11:39am
awesome, MsdeekayBig smileThumbs Up
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 11:42am
Here is a person with texturized hair doing a wash and go. Texturizers do not get rid of kink, or make the hair more curly. No moisture, just less shrinkage. That's it.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 11 2014 at 11:42am
waveyrus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote waveyrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 12:35pm
some photos
washgobefore by waveyrus, on Flickr 20140611_125534 by waveyrus, on Flickr
beforewet by waveyrus, on Flickr
day1wet by waveyrus, on Flickr
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 12:42pm
@waveyrus

Thanks for sharing your photos! Your hair looks great!! Great progress!ClapBig smile

Natural essence sent me some pictures as well, which i will be posting later on.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8687888990 278>