Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 288>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 11:38am
Originally posted by natural essence natural essence wrote:

I read pg.72 a long time ago but I went back and took a look at it.

' Has anyone used the Giovanni and/or beautiful curls shea butter defining gel?

I seen the beautiful curls line at the whole foods in my area but they only carry the wavy  to curly line

I wouldn't take first hand what the manufacturer says. Its all about the ingredients. Many products labeled for 4c hair also contain major no-no ingredients. These manufacturers and even many cosmetologists are not 100% experts on our hair types. We have just recently become a market of interest (natural hair community) and even within there there is not a lot of understanding about our hair. But the gel is okay, that conditioner is a no-no.

Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner
(No-no)
Ingredients: Chamomile (Matricaria recutita) Extract (aqueous), Yarrow (Achillea millefolium) Extract (aqueous), Certified Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Behentrimonium Chloride, Emulsifying Wax, Panthenol, Potassium Sorbate, Magnesium Sulfate, Choline Chloride, Coconut Oil (and) Apricot Fruit Extract (and) Ylang Ylang Flower Extract , Citric Acid
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 11:50am
Originally posted by sunnydee sunnydee wrote:

Hi All,
I found this thread yesterday after watching Joso Anani's video. It motivated me to get started right away because I've recognized for a while now that my major problem was retaining moisture.
I thought that I would let you know that I picked up the Giovanni L.A. Natural styling gel at a local store here and unfortunately the ingredients list shows phenoxyethanol as the sixth ingredient, also, aloe juice is the ninth ingredient. At the last minute I went and bought the kinky curly products since I wanted to be safe rather than sorry. Is the phenoxyethanol low enough in the list to be OK to use (say maybe as an extra barrier before I swim in the pool) or should I just return it? Also, what do you think about my using an oil to serve as an extra barrier when I go swimming? I swim in the evenings, so pretty much in an hour or so after I would be doing the clarifying step, which would get rid of the oil. Is that correct?

Hi sunnydee! welcome to MHM!
yeah that ingredient functions as a preservative, can't be avoided there will just be some other preservative. If its at the bottom of the list is okay. Once you start seeing it crawling up the list it becomes an active problem.

aloe juice is okay in gel, not ideal, but it cant really be avoided in most gels. It is more of issue in the clay mix or conditioner, so avoid it there. this is because it will not be as stringent since the gel will form a cast. Aloe is in a lot of these gels, just avoid them in the first ingredient. I can't wait to make a product line, because there will be no aloe.

Yes, no problem with that. if you look on 72 it talks about layering oil before gel. It is good to do that, oil is good preventing salts- chlorine or seasalt-- from leeching moisture out of your hair.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 10 2014 at 11:50am
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 12:23pm
http://www.curlynikki.com/2014/06/type-4-hair-tips-for-chronic-dryness.html

that is the link to the curly nikki article so you guys can drop some info on mhm. for some reason curly nikki will not approve my commentAngry. anyway, You can leave a comment directly on Joulezy's video as well.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

that is the link to the curly nikki article so you guys can drop some info on mhm. for some reason curly nikki will not approve my commentAngry. anyway, You can leave a comment directly on Joulezy's video as well.

LOL Yes my comment wasn't approved eitherLOL, anywho, you guys can go try your luck :)
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 12:34pm
Thanks for reviewing.

I am going to pick up the gel when I have an opportunity and test it out to see how it performs compared to kccc.

I did notice that the reviews I found on the gel were in a gel as opposed to what is stocked in whole foods is in a squeezable tube...I will compare the ingredients to ensure it is the same product.

Hopefully the knot today will play nicely with the beautiful curls gel.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

LOL Yes my comment wasn't approved eitherLOL, anywho, you guys can go try your luck :)

whew finally got it to show up. Put a couple pics, but had to axe the links. it didnt want me to post any
kwicherbichen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 7:16pm
Everyone, having issues with the site so I created a FACEBOOK PAGE

https://www.facebook.com/maxhydrationmethod/

Would LOVE if you posted your photos and progress on the page :)
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 10:03pm

Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

whew finally got it to show up. Put a couple pics, but had to axe the links. it didnt want me to post any

I went back and added my comment with no links and it showed up, I added some of my pictures as well. Actually that is a great idea, for everyone on this forum who has pictures you can blur your face if you like. Please go add your comment or testimonial tell them to google/youtube max hydration then add one before picture and one after picture.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by kwicherbichen kwicherbichen wrote:

YAY Clap I went over and like the page Big smile
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by kwicherbichen kwicherbichen wrote:

YAY Clap I went over and like the page Big smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 288>
  Share Topic