Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 279>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by CheeryOh CheeryOh wrote:

Just a heads up everyone:  there's an article on CurlyNikki today called Type 4 hair - tips for chronic dryness, breakage and styling.

There's a video by Jouelzy on realistic expectations for 4c hair but after being on this thread, her tips sound uninformed.  I left a comment and if you have a moment, you all should, too.  It seems like a really good opportunity to spread the word about the method.

Thanks so much Cherry Oh. Gonna leave my comments there as well. I agree, great opportunity. Anyone on the MHM who sees this if you can, head over and leave a comment about it too. The more ppl the better. I believe i made a comment on Joulezy's video already though.
Sponsored Links

msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:50pm
I went to the curlynikki's article and left a comment thank you so much Chery Oh for spreading the wordClap and for your kind words Big smile. We really appreciate it :)
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:10pm
I just uploaded a video on Step 2 of the regimen: Cowash and detangle

I show how I water down the conditioner and progress of my hair as of May 22nd

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:13pm
Gonna back track here because i discovered another interesting thing after pondering it:

"Here are some signs to look for in hair porosity:

http://www.curlynikki.com/2011/08/how-to-find-your-hair-porosity-and.html
  1. If it feels rough or has a “straw-like” texture, your hair is not very porous. (it's a sign of low porosity)
  2. If your hair simply feels wet, you have normal hair porosity.
  3. If your hair has high porosity, it will feel sticky, almost as if you had not washed all product out of your hair."

Why does low porosity hair have a "straw like texture?" Why not high porosity hair? Most people seem to believe that their hair feeling rough or "bumpy" along the hair stand is a sign of high porous hair. But aren't those "bumps" actually kinks? not you feeling your open cuticles?

Single kink (one torsion twist)
Double kink (two torsion twists)

photo from: http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2011_10_01_archive.html

Another proof that illustrates low porosity hair tends to be the most dehydrated as it resists moisture absorption. This is why i theorize most ppl with type 4c or 4b hair have low porosity hair. This will also explain why if you apply conditioner it will turn white on ur head, why our efforts to moisturize leave us believing our hair is just dry, and that's apart of what our hair is and should remain. Unfortunetly this mindset does not heed good results for 4c hair. It results in us running away from our shrinkage, keeping our hair stretched and in protective styles all the time. You'll notice a correlation that the only 4c naturals successful with these methods of approaching their hair, have naturally dense hair or thick strands. This would be why many of these same long haired 4c naturals also had long hair when relaxed.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-whole-scientific-truth-about-triethanolamine_topic369616_post10802233.html?KW=and+why+some+hair+types#10802233

Thick strand and/or high density type 4 naturals(notice their hair is stretched but still full):

it is rare to find a fine haired 4c with long hair, and even when it is they usually have dense number of hair strands.

Many 4c naturals also consider their hair coarse and will define a looser haired natural as fine. But it's more often than not that your hair is fine(strand thickness) and that other natural has thick strong strands. This is another one of the things that contribute to retaining length easier. So the ones at the most disadvantage in length retention, would be a 4c natural, with low porosity, fine strands, low density hair. This does not mean we can't bounce back, but it is important to understand every single "why" and "what" so it can be directly combatted.

The max hydration method will do this. Your hair fineness is being made up by all the clumping. each fine strand is not fending for itself, they are clumped together and can be thought up as one big strand. They protect the other strands and prevent tangling on strands from other clumps. The curls are visible, uniform, and organized. Lets not train ourselves that definition is a shallow thing we should want to be apprehensive of. It is very beneficial.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 10 2014 at 12:46am
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Yay, demo vid! Loved it Msdeekay!Big smile
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Yay, demo vid! Loved it Msdeekay!Big smile

Thank you PinkeBig smile & Thanks for sharing the information on thick strands vs fine strands and how they play a part on length retention. I have definitely noticed a correlation with type 4 ladies with thick hair strands being able to retain length under protective styling as compared to fine strands naturals.

I think being a Type 4c with fine strands and low porosity could be like a tripple whammy and that is why we have the hardest time with our hair.

But thanks so much for piecing this all together it's like you have solved the biggest all time natural hair mystery for Type 4 Hair.

Edited by msdeekay - Jun 09 2014 at 11:37pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:52pm

Thank you PinkeBig smile & Thanks for sharing the information on thick strands vs fine strands and how they play a part on length retention. I have definitely noticed a correlation with type 4 ladies with thick hair strands being able to retain length under protective styling as compared to fine strands naturals.

I think being a Type 4c with fine strands and low porosity could be like a tripple whammy and that is why we have the hardest time with our hair.

But thanks so much for piecing this all together it's like you have solved the biggest all time natural hair mystery for Type 4 Hair.

Thanks msdeekay. It's about time the type 4 community got some real clarity and that's what is keeping me motivated.
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 5:46am

Hi Pinke Smile. Sorry to keep banging on about the ACV, I’m still not quite getting it! As I understand it the ACV clarifies but also closes cuticles. So why not use the baking soda to clarify and only use ACV after the GHE, DC,  steaming etc when the cuticles will need to be open anyway.

Also, what about if we didn’t use the ACV at all? Would that mean our porosity would be increased from the cuticles being lifted by the baking soda, therefore making it easier receive moisture like people with naturally normal porosity?

Re the post about porosity and thickness, does that mean that fine 4C hair can't achieve lengths of other hair that doesn't have it's challenges? What lengths can we realistically expect to achieve with max hydration?

Also, does hair strand thickness increase over time with MHM?

Edited by Loves2Laugh - Jun 10 2014 at 6:09am
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 5:57am
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

How long does it take to do your bantu knots in the other picture and how long does the style last? I’m assuming they last in hot or humid conditions. But how does the style stand up the cold, wind or rain?

I definitely think you have a style section on your website with picture ‘how to’ videos of the styles you create plus information like the questions I’ve asked above. I also really like the updo you created above.

Edited by Loves2Laugh - Jun 10 2014 at 6:10am
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 9:10am
[QUOTE=pinkecube]

When it comes to relaxer absorption, porosity is irrelevant as the treatment is extremely alkaline opens up and eats holes in the cuticle layer. The effect of how easy your hair is to relax, is actually more determined by the density of your hair and the fineness of individual strands, that determine how easily your hair relaxes. So fine strands are more likely to take to relaxer faster, where as super thick strong strands will have a naturally thick cuticle layer, and resistance to bonds breaking.

I say if your hair passed the test for low po, and turns white when you apply product like conditioner, that is low porosity hair. At the end of the day this method will work on your hair even if you have high porosity hair anyway, since it involves closing the cuticle and sealing after.

Hi MHM's!!

I have been uber busy and MIA but I have been sticking with the regimen and continuing to gain results.  Pinkecube...can you send me your email address in a PM and then I can forward you some photos of my hair....I am having difficulty inserting pics on this site but I would love to provide pics to this wonderful thread!!

As quoted above...I as well have been questioning my hairs porosity as like the above my hair floats in water which indicates low poo however, it doesnt take long for my hair to get wet when placed under water but it dries extremely fast which I believe is indicative of high porosity.  I have fine 4b-c hair.

I know that you stress that this regimen is for low porosity hair but high porosity can also benefit... I just want to ensure that this regimen will continue to benefit my hair... so far so good though

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 279>