Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 277>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by CheeryOh CheeryOh wrote:

I've read many of the posts and understand the regimen and the products fairly well.  

I'm wondering about the step with the gel.  Is it used to seal?  It seems as though the gel is used for a wash and go, but what if I don't want to wear one?  Can I skip the gel, use an oil to seal and style as desired?

I appreciate your help.

Hi cheeryoh, welcome to the MHM journey. The gel is used to seal and immedietly close the cuticle. Keep in mind the cuticle will close anyway, it doesn't just stay open since your leave in conditioner in this step will be cool. But more than that gel does a better job of sealing because of the cast formed. You can use oil if you want to do a set style, but i recommend gel. You can still braid your hair with gel, or layer oil and gel. If you use oil, just be aware your hair may not retain as much moisture. I'm willing to be more lenient on that. No glycerin ever though.  But for when you do wash and goes you should always use gel to prevent tangles.
Sponsored Links

CheeryOh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CheeryOh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:38pm
Thanks for the response!

I was reading through some more of the pages and realized that I had more questions than I thought.  

I can't remember the page, but I think you advised against the Kimmaytube leave-in, but I can't remember why.  I'm not sure what to use for a leave-in in its place.  I use the Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle whch seems pretty thick to use as a leave in.  Any suggestions.

Also, for the clarification step:  I've had good results using a baking soda/water combo for clarifiying and then following up with a 2:1 ratio ACV rinse.  Is that sufficient or should it be exactly as outlined in the directions?  

Thanks again!
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by CheeryOh CheeryOh wrote:

Thanks for the response!

I was reading through some more of the pages and realized that I had more questions than I thought.  

I can't remember the page, but I think you advised against the Kimmaytube leave-in, but I can't remember why.  I'm not sure what to use for a leave-in in its place.  I use the Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle whch seems pretty thick to use as a leave in.  Any suggestions.

Also, for the clarification step:  I've had good results using a baking soda/water combo for clarifiying and then following up with a 2:1 ratio ACV rinse.  Is that sufficient or should it be exactly as outlined in the directions?  

Thanks again!

Hi CherryOh, please take the time to really read page 72. The bakingsoda step includes bakingsoda conditioner and water. Also there is an link to what your hair is doing in each step of the regimen. This regimen is not a bunch of random treatments. It's a system. Like what i explained on page 72, when you do a bakingsoda treatment (this includes cherry lola) you should be deepconditioning, not closing your cuticles right after. That is like completely wasting your time. Read that as well. On page 72 it also says how to do the leave in step. As for the kimmaytube leave in, I explained that on page 73.
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 6:52pm
So pinke I just received my Herbal Hair Styling Gel

Ingredients:
Water, gum extract, jack pine extract, chamomile flower extract, calendula flower extract, horsetail herb extract, nettle leaf extract, dandelion leaf extract, red clover flower extract, olive fruit oil, pumpkin seed oil.

So it should dry softer than KCCC because there is no aloe correct? Or is there aloe in this gel but called something else??
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

So pinke I just received my Herbal Hair Styling Gel

Ingredients:
Water, gum extract, jack pine extract, chamomile flower extract, calendula flower extract, horsetail herb extract, nettle leaf extract, dandelion leaf extract, red clover flower extract, olive fruit oil, pumpkin seed oil.

So it should dry softer than KCCC because there is no aloe correct? Or is there aloe in this gel but called something else??

nope, its good. as for the drying softness, i think that depends on how wet and slippery your hair is. We should hope for less swelling upon shrinkage. Since i believe the aloe causes frizz in the kccc forumation. Can't wait to hear you review on this. If it's good, i may have to try it.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 06 2014 at 7:29pm
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 7:07pm
@aharri23 I've bout the Herbal Hair Styling Gel too. Mine came today. I'm planning on trying it tomorrow. Let us know how you like it. To me the gel feels really light so I hope it has some hold.
Christine UK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 8:26pm
Do you mean steam after rinsing out the cherry lola and then proceed with the clay?  Could you elaborate on this? Confused
Christine UK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 3:20am
Wgat is this Herbal Fair Styling Gel and where do you get it?
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 3:35am
Originally posted by Christine UK Christine UK wrote:

Do you mean steam after rinsing out the cherry lola and then proceed with the clay?  Could you elaborate on this? Confused

In step 2 of the regimen Cowash and detangle, instead of deep conditioning overnight option 1 you could do option 2 below

Option 2: Apply conditioner, put on a shower cap, and Steam. Steam for 15-20 mins under a steamer, hooded dryer and rinse it out.This will function as your cowash. Use 1.5-2 oz of conditioner and 4-6 oz of water into an applicator bottle.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 3:49am
Originally posted by Christine UK Christine UK wrote:

Wgat is this Herbal Fair Styling Gel and where do you get it?

It's a gel that has just been added to the recommended gel list you can find it on the link below

16. Herbal Hair Styling Gel, Unscented, 8.5 oz, Strauss Herb Company $7.39

Ingredients:

@aharri and @naturaltash1 where did you purchase it from?

Edited by msdeekay - Jun 07 2014 at 3:50am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style