Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 246>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
naturally50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturally50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by naturally50 naturally50 wrote:

I haven't used the Trader Joes in a while so I'm not worried about the cones, plus all my hair has been cut so Im starting fresh anyway . I guess that's a good thing.

I took a trip to the Vitamin Shoppe and purchased the Clay.  I must admit it felt much better than the Terresentials

and I completely forgot about the ingredients in the Kimmay leave in conditioner.  so thanks for reminder me and explaining how the ingredients work 

I did try the KKNT(watered down) for my steps - to condition(deep conditioner) - I left in overnight and as my leave-in.  I feel the one condition conditions my hair better(it just feels better to me) but if it has some bad ingredients I'd rather find something else. (like TRESemme Naturals- if i can find the old formula) or maybe the JessiCurls. ( I just think my hair reacts to cremier conditioners for conditioning).

and I'm going to purchase the trader joes as well.  

Okay, that's good.  Yes, you can water down the trader joes. Kinky curly is thicker, but they are both very thick conditioners. You may feel you don't need to water it down as much, though. When you DC do you feel like your hair absorbed most of the conditioner or it sat on your hair. 

It felt like it sat on my hair I guess.  

With the one condition, did you wake up with hair that felt more slippery or foamy (slippery- dont' really know what foamy feels like), or do you think it absored into your hair and you woke up with slightly damp hair. ( it felt like it absorped in my hair- like a moisturized feeling- not damp)

Maybe warm up the water before you pour it in a mix it with the conditioner. Or make it a bit less watery.
Sponsored Links

Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 12:42pm
@pinkecube if we do the regimen in the evening, is it ok to use a diffuser or bonnet dryer to help dry the hair? My hair is still wet in the morning and I don't like going to work with wet hair.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by naturally50 naturally50 wrote:

[QUOTE=naturally50]I haven't used the Trader Joes in a while so I'm not worried about the cones, plus all my hair has been cut so Im starting fresh anyway . I guess that's a good thing.

I took a trip to the Vitamin Shoppe and purchased the Clay.  I must admit it felt much better than the Terresentials

and I completely forgot about the ingredients in the Kimmay leave in conditioner.  so thanks for reminder me and explaining how the ingredients work 

I did try the KKNT(watered down) for my steps - to condition(deep conditioner) - I left in overnight and as my leave-in.  I feel the one condition conditions my hair better(it just feels better to me) but if it has some bad ingredients I'd rather find something else. (like TRESemme Naturals- if i can find the old formula) or maybe the JessiCurls. ( I just think my hair reacts to cremier conditioners for conditioning).

and I'm going to purchase the trader joes as well.  

Okay, that's good.  Yes, you can water down the trader joes. Kinky curly is thicker, but they are both very thick conditioners. You may feel you don't need to water it down as much, though. When you DC do you feel like your hair absorbed most of the conditioner or it sat on your hair. 

It felt like it sat on my hair I guess.  

With the one condition, did you wake up with hair that felt more slippery or foamy (slippery- dont' really know what foamy feels like), or do you think it absored into your hair and you woke up with slightly damp hair. ( it felt like it absorped in my hair- like a moisturized feeling- not damp)

Maybe warm up the water before you pour it in a mix it with the conditioner. Or make it a bit less watery.

I meant did it look foamy on ur hair in the morning, btw not feel foamy. You can use the one condition, then. But only since the problem ingredients are glycerin and propelyene glycol. Those are humectants and the glycerin is a bit astringent, but it wont be bad as a deep conditioner since that would involve enough heat and humidity and you will be rinsing it out. If they had any other major problem ingredients like denatured alcohol it would be a no. Do not try to use the one condition as a leave in, though. Unless you are planning to revolve your hair regimen around daily humidity levels.

The other heaven in hair conditioner is 100% no-no.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

@pinkecube if we do the regimen in the evening, is it ok to use a diffuser or bonnet dryer to help dry the hair? My hair is still wet in the morning and I don't like going to work with wet hair.

Hi naturaltash. Not unless they have a cool setting. My experience with using heat gave me major frizz and setbacks.
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 1:57pm

Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

Hi naturaltash. Not unless they have a cool setting. My experience with using heat gave me major frizz and setbacks.
Ok thx pinkecube. I do have a cool setting but I will try to get done in enough time so that I won't have to resort to a diffuser.
keishamichelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keishamichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 2:38pm
The reason why I asked what other conditioners we could use is for the dc step. I don't know if my hair would like the Tea Tree Tingle or KCKT as a dc or not.

Im still trying to figure out which gel I should get lol 
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by keishamichelle keishamichelle wrote:

The reason why I asked what other conditioners we could use is for the dc step. I don't know if my hair would like the Tea Tree Tingle or KCKT as a dc or not.

Im still trying to figure out which gel I should get lol 

Oh okay. Well for the gels look on page ten. I recommend kinky curly knot today or green tea curl glaze

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keishamichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 2:50pm
Im more than likely going to get the KCCC. Could you help me determine whether or not these would be suitable  conditioners to use. If not I will pick another one from the list on page 72. I looked at the CG Method List from curlynikki. I know these two methods differ some so some ingredients may not be right for this method. I got the ingredients from curlmart. I apologize if these conditioners have already been mentioned. These are specifically for the dc part of the process. 

Curl Junkie Curl Rehab:

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Melissa) Leaf Extract, Mentha Piperita (Pepperment) Leaf Extract, Yucca Leaf Extract, Rosa Mosqueta (Rosehip) Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum (Cupuaçu) Seed Butter, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Vanilla Planifolia oil, Cananga Odorata oil, Lecithin, Fragrance, Citric Acid.

Ingredient Attribute:Glycerin Free
Paraben Free
Protein Free
Silicone Free
Sulfate Free

Curls Curl Ecstasy Hair Tea:

Purified Water, Stearalkonium Chloride , Soybean Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Octyl Palmitrate , Certified Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice , Certified Organic Sunflower Seed Oil , Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonum Methosulfate , Certified Organic Ho Shu Wu Extract, Certified Organic Green Tea Extract, Certified Organic Chamomile Extract, Certified Organic Calendula Extract, Certified Organic Mango Butter, Certified Organic Shea Butter, Bean Tree, Polysorbate 60, Panthenol, Soy Protein , Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Natural Fragrance. 

Jessicurl Deep Treatment:

NEW INGREDIENTS 07/09/2012:
Water (Aqua) infused with Equisetum Maximum Lam (Horsetail), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), Laurus Nobilis (Bay Leaf), Ocimum Basilicum (Basil), Arctium Lappa (Burdock Root), Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow Root), Origanum Vulgare (Oregano), Cymbopogon Flexuosus (Lemongrass), Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme), Salvia Officinalis (Sage) and Urtica Dioica (Nettle); Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Soy Lecithin, Citrus Sinensis Var. Dulcis (Orange) Oil (and) Lavandula Officinalis (lavender) Oil (and) Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Oil; Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Ingredient Attribute:Fragrance Free
Glycerin Free
Paraben Free
Protein Free
Silicone Free
Sulfate Free
Cruelty Free

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keishamichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 2:55pm
I looked over the Curls Curl Ecstasy is ok lol
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by keishamichelle keishamichelle wrote:

Im more than likely going to get the KCCC. Could you help me determine whether or not these would be suitable  conditioners to use. If not I will pick another one from the list on page 72. I looked at the CG Method List from curlynikki. I know these two methods differ some so some ingredients may not be right for this method. I got the ingredients from curlmart. I apologize if these conditioners have already been mentioned. These are specifically for the dc part of the process.
GoodThumbs Up
Curl Junkie Curl Rehab:

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Melissa) Leaf Extract, Mentha Piperita (Pepperment) Leaf Extract, Yucca Leaf Extract, Rosa Mosqueta (Rosehip) Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum (Cupuaçu) Seed Butter, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Vanilla Planifolia oil, Cananga Odorata oil, Lecithin, Fragrance, Citric Acid.

GoodThumbs Up
Jessicurl Deep Treatment:

NEW INGREDIENTS 07/09/2012:
Water (Aqua) infused with Equisetum Maximum Lam (Horsetail), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), Laurus Nobilis (Bay Leaf), Ocimum Basilicum (Basil), Arctium Lappa (Burdock Root), Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow Root), Origanum Vulgare (Oregano), Cymbopogon Flexuosus (Lemongrass), Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme), Salvia Officinalis (Sage) and Urtica Dioica (Nettle); Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Soy Lecithin, Citrus Sinensis Var. Dulcis (Orange) Oil (and) Lavandula Officinalis (lavender) Oil (and) Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Oil; Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Be wary of quat salt it already has some no-no ingredients, but they aren't high up the list. the problem is the quat salts, you don't really want them high on the list. There are different types of quat salts and this one will basically act like panthenol in the hair. Bind and be prone to building up. This is like a combinational problem. I'm still in the process of finding more conditioners that i can approve for this regimen. It's very time consuming and difficult, took me a whole day just to find that short list. So i emphasize the kinky curly knot today and the tea tree tingle.

Curls Curl Ecstasy Hair Tea:

Purified Water, Stearalkonium Chloride , Soybean Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Octyl Palmitrate , Certified Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice , Certified Organic Sunflower Seed Oil , Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonum Methosulfate , Certified Organic Ho Shu Wu Extract, Certified Organic Green Tea Extract, Certified Organic Chamomile Extract, Certified Organic Calendula Extract, Certified Organic Mango Butter, Certified Organic Shea Butter, Bean Tree, Polysorbate 60, Panthenol, Soy Protein , Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Natural Fragrance. 

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 04 2014 at 3:28pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style