Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 246>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Christine UK Christine UK wrote:

I know aloe vera seem to be an issue with low porosity hair, but I have have no issues with it, and not LP.   Can I use it in my last step instead of gel?  Would be making my own from fresh plant.

yes, but it must be aloevera gel, not juice. it's not an official no-no ingredient, but i like to mention it since many of us are sensitive to it. I also recommend if you're making your own aloe gel, add some flaxseed gel to it too. So like a flaxseed gel with aloe. Other ingredients like horsetail an nettle are also easy to make at home and add to it.
Sponsored Links

Christine UK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 10:53pm
How is horsetail and nettle used as a holding agent in the flaxseed gel?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Christine UK Christine UK wrote:

How is horsetail and nettle used as a holding agent in the flaxseed gel?

you boil it similarly to how you boil the flaxseeds. it forms a gel, because they are are mucilaginous plants.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by keishamichelle keishamichelle wrote:

Hi Guys!! My name is Keisha and I have been lurking on this thread ALL DAY! I looked it up after watching a Youtuber do a video on it (Joso Anani). This is DEF something I want to do. I have some quick questions and if these questions have been answered already can someone tell me what page it's on?

A little background on my hair. Last relaxer was Jan. 2, 2012, big chopped on Sept. 14, 2012. First Texture Softner was Oct. 15, 2012. Next Texture Softner (Just For Me both times) was February 14, 2014. I felt as though I didn't need another one until almost 2 years later lol. I didn't have ANY curls (seen dry or wet) until  I did the texture softeners.

Anywho, my hair is doing ok it's just that i was a root to tip curl pattern and better moisture retention for better length retention. I don't ever wear my hair curly though. I wear wigs most of the time.

I already have the Aztec Bentonite Clay, ACV, and the KCKT, what are some deep conditioners that I can use for this method and co wash conditioners. I really don't want to use my KCKT for everything. Also for the last step do I have to seal with a gel? If i'm just going to twist it up and put a wig on until the next session?

Hi keishamichelle! Welcome to the Max hydration Method!Big smile
Wow i went to check out Joso anani's video, yaay! It's good that ppl are heading over here because of her video, I didn't even know it was up yet, lol.

You really wont need to use a different conditioner for each step, look on page 72, the revised method is there. You are watering down your conditioner for each step. Other conditioner and products recommended are trader joes tea tree tingle.

Last, you need to use a gel. Sealing is very important and a gel will do it best, and close your cuticles. If you want a softer hold you can get that by simply making your conditioner mixture silghtly thicker and wetter on your hair. some times it will make your hair dry so soft it feels like nothing is in your hair at all. This doesn't mean you can't braid your hair afterward and wear a wig on top, though. I've added this to pg 72. Also, on days you don't have time to complete the rest of the steps, just wear a shower cap under your wig cap, scarf, or beanie after step 2 overnight and during the day until you can complete the other steps. I have also added this to page 72.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 04 2014 at 12:56am
naturally50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturally50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 6:40am
I haven't used the Trader Joes in a while so I'm not worried about the cones, plus all my hair has been cut so Im starting fresh anyway . I guess that's a good thing.

I took a trip to the Vitamin Shoppe and purchased the Clay.  I must admit it felt much better than the Terresentials

and I completely forgot about the ingredients in the Kimmay leave in conditioner.  so thanks for reminder me and explaining how the ingredients work 

I did try the KKNT(watered down) for my steps - to condition(deep conditioner) - I left in overnight and as my leave-in.  I feel the one condition conditions my hair better(it just feels better to me) but if it has some bad ingredients I'd rather find something else. (like TRESemme Naturals- if i can find the old formula) or maybe the JessiCurls. ( I just think my hair reacts to cremier conditioners for conditioning).

and I'm going to purchase the trader joes as well.  

naturally50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturally50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 6:43am
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by naturally50 naturally50 wrote:

Awww mann- I have the nourish spa conditioner and I never looked at the ingredients until now.  It has dimethicone ( the 7th ingredient). I was sure enough using this too. No wonder my hair wasn't responding to anything .  I pass a Trader Joes and Whole foods on my commute to work. I'll get some Tea Tree tingle 2morrow as well as the mud clay.  I read somewhere in this post about the mud clay that can be purchased at whole foods.  Can you provide me the name.  In the meantime to continue for tonight and tomorrow, guess I'll have to use my KKKT for all the steps with the revised measurements.  Now for my leave -in  can I use the kimmaytube leave in conditioner.  I've made some last week.  And I have some flax seeds, so I can make and use the flax seed gel right.  When I started the CG method again, all I used was KKKT but I didn't use any gel over it.  I just didn't like the crunchiness.  Now I know. At one time I was refusing to pay $16.00 LOL.

Oh and I also saw the the don't use the TRESemee naturals Radiant volume with Sweet Orange right? 

Since you used cones, i think you should shampoo your hair with a sulfate shampoo once before starting this regimen. Afterward you can deep condition overnight and during the day with the kckt. Otherwise the clarification methods will take a while to get rid of the silicones and it will basically slow you down in your progress. I was so disappointed when i found they changed the formula.

That's great the trader joes is near you. Yes, the mud wash is at whole foods and vitamin shoppe. It's called "aztec secret indian healing clay". Any clay pure clay powder will work for this method.

This kimmaytube leave in(directly quoted):

"2 tablespoons of YOUR preferred conditioner (silicone free)
2 tablespoons of (Whole leaf version) Aloe Vera Juice with a pH 4.0 or 4.5
2 teaspoons of Castor Oil (optional. I sometimes do without it)
2 teaspoons of Jojoba Oil"

I don't know about this. The main problem is mixing oil into your conditioner. The oil isn't emulsified, so it will not absorb well into your hair especially since it's such a high ratio of oil to conditioner. So basically what you would be doing is mixing a sealant with a moisturizer. This can cause the conditioner to sit on your hair and not really be absorbed. Also, mixing aloe in your conditioner is another thing i don't recommend due to your sensitivity to aloe. Aloe is okay in gel, but in your leave in, it will cause frizz before you even put on the gel. So the way this mixture is, you're going to have this leave in just sit on your strands, when it should be absorbing into your hair's cortex. Plus the low ph would already start to close your cuticles. You won't need to close your cuticles in the leave in step. This is because the gel you are using is already ph balanced. It will close your cuticles at the appropriate time, which is when you applied moisture and it is properly absorbed. Then the moisture gets effectively sealed in.

You can use one conditioner for all the steps that require it. You don't really need to use different conditioners. What i do is i water down the kckt for every step now. This also works with the trader joes tea tree tingle. It also helps me control how soft my hair dries by how wet i make my hair.

I haven't used the Trader Joes in a while so I'm not worried about the cones, plus all my hair has been cut so I'm starting fresh anyway . I guess that's a good thing.

I took a trip to the Vitamin Shoppe and purchased the Clay.  I must admit it felt much better than the Terresentials

and I completely forgot about the ingredients in the Kimmay leave in conditioner.  so thanks for reminder me and explaining how the ingredients work 

I did try the KKNT(watered down) for my steps - to condition(deep conditioner) - I left in overnight and as my leave-in.  I feel the one condition conditions my hair better(it just feels better to me) but if it has some bad ingredients I'd rather find something else. (like TRESemme Naturals- if i can find the old formula) or maybe the JessiCurls. ( I just think my hair reacts to cremier conditioners for conditioning).

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 9:44am
Originally posted by naturally50 naturally50 wrote:

I haven't used the Trader Joes in a while so I'm not worried about the cones, plus all my hair has been cut so Im starting fresh anyway . I guess that's a good thing.

Okay, that's good.  Yes, you can water down the trader joes. Kinky curly is thicker, but they are both very thick conditioners. You may feel you don't need to water it down as much, though. When you DC do you feel like your hair absorbed most of the conditioner or it sat on your hair.

With the one condition, did you wake up with hair that felt more slippery or foamy, or do you think it absored into your hair and you woke up with slightly damp hair.

Maybe warm up the water before you pour it in a mix it with the conditioner. Or make it a bit less watery.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 11:57am
I'm getting the impression people think i have some sort of special hair type, so i'm posting more pictures of my hair's progression.

BEFOREs

This is a heavy amount of the strongest level of ecostyler gel. My hair is so crunchy and hard, and dry. i hated how it felt and looked but they were the best results i could get. Wash and goes were the easiest to do daily in comparison to doing a set style that took 5 hours and then only having it look good if i get lucky, and even then it only lasted one day. Using the ecostyler gel, i began to get thinning and was developing a bald spot. I don't have any pics of when i used wetline, but it thinned my hair out as well, along with any gel i tried to use that had TEA. It was such a waste of product and money, but it was worth it to find out what was causing the issue so i can warn others. My cousin also complained of her edges thinning using eco.

I eventually big chopped again. I had to because the kinkier hair in the front was just shorter and shrunk weird so it looked like i had a mullet, also because i figured since i had the bald spot i should try and start anew.

My Bald spot was caused by the TEA in ecostyler gel.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-whole-scientific-truth-about-triethanolamine_topic369616.html

I never had any shedding or breakage, yet my baldspot was completely smooth and kep getting bigger as i used it. For the reasons why look at the  link above. This is why TEA is a no-no ingredient.

once i stopped the bald spot stopped getting thinner, areas of my hair stopped getting shorter and stopped thinning. it didn't grow back for nearly a year until i implemented ghe for 3 months straight, 24 hours aday.

My new growth grew out of my scalp with max hydration. the only reason the other hairs didn't get max hydration is because i had buildup from using heavy oils on the rest of my hair, and i never clarified my hair before beginning, just a cowash.

AFTERs
After the regimen first month

product free hair is below. See the front has no clumping when wet. Compare with my most recent product free hair results below.

wash and go. As you can see i have good results, but the shinkage once totally dried completely makes the areas get frizzed out and swells. This improved overtime, now i have increased moisture retention levels in those areas

bantu knot out

right after unraveling and a little separation

after separating and fluffing out

Shine Time!

After the regimen, about 1.5 to 2 months in now. I still get a bit of swelling when dry, but has greatly reduced. Hair has shine and movement. Feels very soft and moisturized.

Stage 3 About 3- 3.5 months in.

Product free hair

Stretched wash and go. Second day hair.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 04 2014 at 10:39pm
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 12:03pm

@ Pinke: ARGHHH!  I already bought the Tresemme Vibrant Naturals Moisture & Replenish! Back to square one LOL

In the bantu knot out pic above was that after you started the MHM or before? Nevermind - I've just seen that you said you it was after you started the MHM regimen. Loving the curls you achieved with the bantu knot out and the stretched wash & go Thumbs Up

Also, how long is your hair in these pictures?

Product free hair

Stretched wash and go. Second day hair.

Edited by Loves2Laugh - Jun 04 2014 at 12:21pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Loves2Laugh Loves2Laugh wrote:

@ Pinke: ARGHHH!  I already bought the Tresemme Vibrant Naturals Moisture & Replenish! Back to square one LOL

In the bantu knot out pic above was that after you started the MHM or before? Nevermind - I've just seen that you said you it was after you started the MHM regimen. Loving the curls you achieved with the bantu knot out and the stretched wash & go Thumbs Up

Also, how long is your hair in these pictures?

Hi Loves2laugh, hopefully you can still return it, sorry about that. I know what its like to get a product and have it have been to waste.

Yes, thanks. i have the before version and then the after. I'll make sure it says after and before more clearly. The after version is the one with short hair that looks 20x better.

My hair is about a centimeter below collarbone length in the back. In the front, it touches my upper lip. I have actively trimmed my hair all over, especially before i even began this reggie, i had a lot of single strand knots and some split ends in my hair after doing small twists as a protective style. Most of the knots from that have been gotten rid of though, and i'm not getting any more.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 04 2014 at 12:36pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style