Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 291>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 2:15pm
@pinkecube why does the acv have to sit for 30 min on step 1? Can I leave it in for 10 to 15 min then rinse? Same with baking soda conditioner step? I'm trying to cut time since I do my regimen in the evenings. Thx
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Loves2Laugh Loves2Laugh wrote:

Hi Pinkecube – thanks! Smile

I’ve just watched the video, thanks for pointing it out - you can really see how your hair has progressed... Your coils / curls are beautiful!

However, I was wondering if you’re going to condition your hair, wouldn’t it be better to use ACV at the end stages of both the prep step for first times or the daily regimen instead? Otherwise aren’t we just closing the cuticles with ACV then opening them back up again when we condition (steaming, DC’ing, GHE)?

Also, can you mix clay (in my case Rhassoul) with conditioner? I already do this with  oils, as I found I lost more hair with Rhassoul and oil alone.

It’s been a nightmare trying to track down a conditioner that meets MHM requirements! Still having issues tracking down a good conditioner I don’t have to order. I was wondering if MHM would work with water soluble silicones?

Lastly, once max hydration has been reached do you advice against using heat – either occasionally or on a regular basis. I’m guessing ‘heat training’ would be incompatible with MHM?

thanks Loves2Laugh

the function of the first step is to clarify. if you deep condition on unclarified hair, then you are deepconditioning on hair that will have too much product residue to absorb moisture, open cuticle or not. so look at step 1, no matter what option, as the primary function for clarifying, which is extremely important. acv is simply serving as an alternative option to bakingsoda. There is no need to implement it anywhere else and it wouldn't be effective anywhere else in the regimen. This is because the cuticles are already getting closed by the time you apply the gel, which by the way is ph balanced and will close the cuticle. The bentonite clay step is going to reopen the cuticle as well and further clarify. But switching around the orders is not effective.

The mixture for the regimen is:

Clay rinse

This rinse can be done using any pure clay powder, like Bentonite Clay, Rhassoul clay, red clay, zeolite clay, european clay, French Green Sea clay and more. Using a funnel, you can pour each ingredient into a large empty 32 shampoo/conditioner bottle, shake afterward, use, and then store for the next day.

mix ingredients:

• 1 cup pure clay powder

•  3-4 cup water

• 1 tablespoon of honey

• 1 tablespoon of olive oil

Mixing it with conditioner may work, but do not put a lot. try to keep the ratios similar, otherwise you will be hindering the clay's effectiveness.

And no, heat training is like purposefully giving yourself heat damage for a looser curl. no matter what anyone says. And no silicones at all with this method. They are 100% not beneficial for low porosity hair. It will likely have most of the conditioner sitting on your hair shaft. Like if i mixed hair gel into my conditioner and tried to use it to deep condition.

Now, i keep getting this question about the clay over and over. I was just going to put it in my FAQ, but i'm going to post it now.

What your hair is doing in this regimen(no more ask-y)LOL

Step 1.

Bakingsoda- cuticles are opening, build up blocking cuticles is gently being removed.

ACV- cuticles are closing, build up blocking cuticles is gently being removed.

Step2.

deep condition overnight, Warmed conditioner cowash, steam, thermal heating cap, hooded drier, whatever- cuticles are opening due to heat, build up is mostly gone and so moisture is absorbing into the hair cortex

Step 3.

Clay rinse- cuticles are being reopened, hair clumping and being further clarified from what build up is left over from step 1 and 2. Once completely rinsed out, this is where you check your mhm status to see how much moisture retention you have, by how far up the strand the curls are beginning to clump(tips, halfway up the strand, 3/4 up the strands, and all the way up to the root) and the total progress over your whole head.

Step 4.

Watered down conditioner as leave in-Your hair is drinking moisture as you apply it, and being well lubricated so the gel will clump your curls better

Step 5.

Gel- your moisture is sealed in, and your cuticles are closing b/c of the ph of the gel is ph balanced. You will also have definition, and your coils will be kept in their clumps and prevented from tangling onto the other. The cast of the gel will also protect the cuticle layer. Serves well as protective style.

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

@pinkecube why does the acv have to sit for 30 min on step 1? Can I leave it in for 10 to 15 min then rinse? Same with baking soda conditioner step? I'm trying to cut time since I do my regimen in the evenings. Thx

Both steps would be 30 mins to 1 hour. They work better when left on longer. When i wrote the times for b.s. initially, it was advice from someone who used straight bakingsoda and water. After i realized it wasn't the amount of time it was left on, but the fact that it was only water that was the problem. I found b.s. effective to leave on for 30 minutes because that gives it time to open up my cuticles. But both the b.s. and acv should be left on 30 mins to an hour, that's what's recommended.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 02 2014 at 2:35pm
bohomojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bohomojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 3:29pm
This might've been mentioned already, but what  is the projected release date for the FAQ and/or book? Also, since I am transitioning how can I identify max hydration?

Edited by bohomojo - Jun 02 2014 at 3:30pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by bohomojo bohomojo wrote:

This might've been mentioned already, but what  is the projected release date for the FAQ and/or book? Also, since I am transitioning how can I identify max hydration?

When i finish the FAQ Kwicherbichen's going to either make an ebook or post it as blog posts first and then an ebook after the kickstarter. The kickstarter should be after i finish typing up all the topics-- currently, there are 41. So by the end of july the blog posts or ebook will have been up.

Since your transitioning you can look at your newgrowth to see for signs of max hydration. I don't know what relaxed hair looks like when it's hydrated, maybe it would look stragihter or something. You will have to tell us what you notice and the changes and differences you see. Also, you can touch your roots to feel for coils/bumps or clumps there. That's another sign of moisture retention.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 4:24pm

I am not intending to use the clay rinse as a natural relaxer. I was just comparing it to the consistency of the relaxer. Is there a different way of mixing it that I am not aware of? its just really thick and awkward for me for some odd reason. Its like applying mud to my hair and I am wondering if I didn't use enough water. I used the recipe given on the first page. My mom looked at me like I was psycho because of how hard it was to pick it up and apply it. I certainly cannot use the cone applicator tip to apply it because it is so thick.

the clay rinse should be watery and feel a little creamy. It shouldn't be thick and cakey like you are slapping liquid cement on your head.

btw, you should not be mixing it and then putting it into the bottle. Put each ingredient in the bottle one at a time(using the funnel cone/paper funnel for the clay), then add water and shake. Much less messy, and easier to control the consistency you want, and better for storing, because when it dries up, you just add more water and shake.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 02 2014 at 4:37pm
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:30pm
First time seeing this! 
Wow!
I'm definitely considering trying this in the next few months. : )
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 12:04am
Originally posted by Loves2Laugh Loves2Laugh wrote:

TRESEMME NATURALS – can anyone help?

I thought this range would be my best bet as it's widely available over here. However, it’s confusing because the names of products aren’t the same in the UK. We get ‘Nourishing Moisture’ and ‘Vibrantly Smooth’. Also, the Naturals range seems to be a lot harder to find.

So here are my questions:
1)
If the names are different in the UK does that mean the ingredients are different too?

2) @ Pinkecube
: There doesn’t seem to be an equivalent for Natural Volumes Radiant Volume range in the UK at all. Is there any other conditioner from Tresemme Naturals that you can recommend?

3)
There seem to be lots of complaints about the new formula Tresemme Naturals (black cap). Apparently the old formula (white cap) was much better. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Also, UK ladies: Large bottles of Tresemme  currently on sale in Asda - £2.75 and in Sainsburys approx £2.50. However, I haven’t been able to track down the ones I want in the shops – so good luck!

TIA Smile

We discussed Tresseme Naturals on page 9 and 11 of this thread the one I asked about was 

tresemme vibrant naturals nourish and replenish conditioner this one has aloe vera and avocado oil it says hypoallergenic, no added colour, silicone free

here is a link to the page to find Pinke's analysis of the ingredients

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page9.html

Tressemme naturals w/Aloe vera and avocado Nourishing Moisture Conditioner

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page11.html

On that same page she did a comparison between two tresseme naturals the radiant with orange only and then one with sweet orange and lemongrass

msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 4:42am

I am not intending to use the clay rinse as a natural relaxer. I was just comparing it to the consistency of the relaxer. Is there a different way of mixing it that I am not aware of? its just really thick and awkward for me for some odd reason. Its like applying mud to my hair and I am wondering if I didn't use enough water. I used the recipe given on the first page. My mom looked at me like I was psycho because of how hard it was to pick it up and apply it. I certainly cannot use the cone applicator tip to apply it because it is so thick.

Yes, when you add water to clay it turns to mud, but adding more water should make it less thick. Experiment with the amount of water you add until you reach the consistency that will allow for easier application.
You can use a funnel on top of a bottle, to add the clay powder. Then add the oil and honey. and slowly add water and shake the bottle. Try squeezing the mixture out of the bottle to see the consistency if it is still thick just keep adding water until you get the desired result.
This way you should be able to squeeze it out the applicator tips and application wont be so much of a hassle.
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 11:23am

Hi msdeekay, thanks for signposting this. However, the problem is that I haven’t seen the Tresemme Natural Radiant Volume anywhere in the UK.

Ok, anyway, going from p.11 Tressemme naturals w/Aloe vera and avocado Nourishing Moisture Conditioner is out. But there seems to be issues with the ones we can get over here. For example both have Behentrimonium Chloride lower down on the list – but is it low enough? And, also I just spotted the Cetearyl Alcohol in the Smooth and Revitalise, so that’s a no-no!

Tresemme Vibrant Naturals Nourish & Replenish Conditioner - AVAILABLE IN THE UK

Ingredients

Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Persea Gratissima Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Chloride, Parfum, Sodium Chloride, PEG-150 Distearate, Dipropylene Glycol, Alcohol, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride, Lactic Acid, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Benzyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool

Tresemme Vibrant Naturals Smooth and Revitalise - AVAILABLE IN THE UK

Ingredients

Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Leaf Extract, Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Chloride, Parfum, Sodium Chloride, PEG-150 Distearate, Dipropylene Glycol, Alcohol, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride, Lactic Acid, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Benzyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 291>
  Share Topic