Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 175>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Christine UK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 9:55pm
Did you do GHE @ night for the week and just shake out your hair for the day or did you keep it continuously in GHE after steps 1 & 2? Assuming it was the former. Could you please clarify?
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Christine UK Christine UK wrote:

Did you do GHE @ night for the week and just shake out your hair for the day or did you keep it continuously in GHE after steps 1 & 2? Assuming it was the former. Could you please clarify?

Are you talking about days where i can't do all the steps? I ghe night and day until i can complete the steps, never taking off the cap. When i go out i'll just wear the showercap under a scarf, beanie, or wig cap underneath my wig.
At night i'll wear it underneath my scarf. The stretching techniques help against matting, you can roll/twist/whatever-its-called and pin small sections in place. Keeping the hair hair from matting makes it easier to slide shed hairs out.

The reason why is your hair is going to be sealed in with the gel on days you do the full regimen. Meaning that moisture is being retained. But if you stop at step 2 and just wear your hair out, your hair has nothing to protect it from loosing moisture. So continuing the wear the shower cap until you can apply the rest of the steps is what helps the moisture be retained so you can benefit from it.

Plus GHE long term is great for the hair. I did it continuously for 3 months straight and it grew back my bald spot, and with total max hydration. Only problem i encountered, was that use of heavy butters on the rest of my hair and complete lack of clarifying before doing it gave me build up, so they didn't really benefit from the moisture.

That should show how much of an effect build up really has on moisture absorption and why clarifying and avoiding ingredients prone to building up really makes a huge impact on how your hair responds.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 01 2014 at 10:20pm
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 2:51am
Originally posted by kwicherbichen kwicherbichen wrote:

Well, like I said, I am using up products that I ALREADY have. I am using the creamy cleanser just because I already have it and I do not see any bad ingredients in it and it feels like a conditioner. The Diva smooth is basically honey and molasses so I am using up the rest of that. I'm just using up what I already have.

Curls passion gel also seems to not have any bad ingredients and I got it because I wanted the extra hold. The edge control gels make my curls pop but they all contained protein, and I found I had this passion gel that seemed to have good ingredients. It also makes my curls pop.

But essentially, I can cut out everything and ONLY use KCKT and KCCC as the products I use?

Yes all you need is the KCKT & KCCC 
the KCKT works in all the steps 
1. in the clarifying step you mix it in with the baking soda if that is the option you choose
2. cowash detangle step you use it as your cowash when you deep condition, steam etc
and finally as a leave in.
You can actually use the watered down version in all the steps if you prefer.

I think you should try sticking to only these two for some time to see how your hair reacts in terms of results.

You can always keep your old conditioners that your are trying to use up and see if you still want to use them at a later date but for the purpose of this regimen I have found if there are any issues people bump into it is one of these three things.

1. They are using a product with an ingredient that is giving them a set back.
2. They are not doing all the steps correctly or in the right order 
3. they are not doing it consistently or frequently.

Other than that it is a matter of being patient because even though you see results you do not reach maximum hydration overnight. Building up the optimum moisture levels does take time but you do notice changes during this time in terms of how your hair behaves and curl definition.

For the actual wash and go to be perfect that is a technique that we have to work on in terms of how much conditioner, gel we apply, how we apply it and of course our results will be better as our hair gains maximum hydration.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 2:53am
Pinke for the days that for whatever reason either we have no time or we are out of product :) and decide to do the GHE, does this count towards the amount of times we need to do our hair before we reach maximum hydration? Or does it only count when you do the full 5 steps.
kwicherbichen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 3:14am
Thanks for looking at my products!!!! I had no idea that some of those ingredients were actually just another name for the forbidden ingredients. So it is really important to emphasize sticking with the suggested products.

Will try again tomorrow using ONLY KCKT and KCCC after class. 

And I have to say that the Bentonite clay mix is VERY important. That is the step where you get to see the true, product free progress of your hair. That is the step where I saw that my hair was able to have curls and shingles product free and could tell I was making progress. I mentioned that the clay "loosened" my hair texture, but I do not mean that literally. I just mean that now, my hair has COILS every single day where as before, no one would believe that I had any kind of "curl pattern". I'd find 1 coil root-to-tip somewhere on my head and say "Look! proof!" but it didn't mean anything to anyone lol. Please do not skip the clay component. Consider adding more water to your mix. I create my mix with a lot of water so that the clay mixture will last longer and I still get the same result as when I use less water. I also put it in a bottle with a cone nose so that I can apply it with no mess. There is a product that is made of SAHARA CLAY that claims to relax hair or be a natural relaxer. Trust me, I have already tried it. I have tried every "natural relaxer" that is chemical-free (there are "natural relaxers" that may contain clay but also include harsh chemicals like certain "HENNA" products) and actually some of them I think are safe for this regimen (the ingredients are incredibly simple. "Honey" "Lemon juice" kind of thing. Anything with hard to read ingredients, I'm now pretty sure, you cannot use in this regimen). None of them relaxed my hair. They just made my curl pattern more apparent or moisturized my hair.

With the GHE I realized that I HAVE to use a new clear cap or plastic bag atleast every other night. If I re-used the same bag, I would have a VERY BAD scalp irritation reaction. Almost like an allergic reaction. My scalp would get BUMPS and become VERY SORE. I am still recovering. I still have one spot that itches from time to time. 

I think this whole regimen is starting to come together really well. We have a lot of experience among everyone who is doing the regimen. Different problems we know how to address now (especially ME! I have made SOOO MANY bad mistakes and they have set me BACK... leaving me tempted to put my hair in twists again, but I am determined to perfect this method. I believe, even despite that really bad mistakes like using comb, wrong products, wrong technique, causing scalp irritation, etc -- that I am actually very close). I have an exam today and have a client I am making a youtube video for tonight but when I am done with those two, I am going to start working on the website again and release the FB group. *excited*

Edited by kwicherbichen - Jun 02 2014 at 3:27am
pinkecube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 8:51am
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Pinke for the days that for whatever reason either we have no time or we are out of product :) and decide to do the GHE, does this count towards the amount of times we need to do our hair before we reach maximum hydration? Or does it only count when you do the full 5 steps.

It counts toward it, as one day until you complete the rest of the steps. So like if i did step 1 and then step 2 and continued to ghe for 3 days, it doesn't count as one until i complete the rest of the steps. think of it like a pause in what you are doing. the hair hasn't been completely clarified with the clay yet, so there is gonna be some residue there while you deep condition.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 02 2014 at 9:22am
pinkecube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 8:54am
Originally posted by kwicherbichen kwicherbichen wrote:

Thanks for looking at my products!!!! I had no idea that some of those ingredients were actually just another name for the forbidden ingredients. So it is really important to emphasize sticking with the suggested products.

Will try again tomorrow using ONLY KCKT and KCCC after class. 

And I have to say that the Bentonite clay mix is VERY important. That is the step where you get to see the true, product free progress of your hair. That is the step where I saw that my hair was able to have curls and shingles product free and could tell I was making progress. I mentioned that the clay "loosened" my hair texture, but I do not mean that literally. I just mean that now, my hair has COILS every single day where as before, no one would believe that I had any kind of "curl pattern". I'd find 1 coil root-to-tip somewhere on my head and say "Look! proof!" but it didn't mean anything to anyone lol. Please do not skip the clay component. Consider adding more water to your mix. I create my mix with a lot of water so that the clay mixture will last longer and I still get the same result as when I use less water. I also put it in a bottle with a cone nose so that I can apply it with no mess. There is a product that is made of SAHARA CLAY that claims to relax hair or be a natural relaxer. Trust me, I have already tried it. I have tried every "natural relaxer" that is chemical-free (there are "natural relaxers" that may contain clay but also include harsh chemicals like certain "HENNA" products) and actually some of them I think are safe for this regimen (the ingredients are incredibly simple. "Honey" "Lemon juice" kind of thing. Anything with hard to read ingredients, I'm now pretty sure, you cannot use in this regimen). None of them relaxed my hair. They just made my curl pattern more apparent or moisturized my hair.

With the GHE I realized that I HAVE to use a new clear cap or plastic bag atleast every other night. If I re-used the same bag, I would have a VERY BAD scalp irritation reaction. Almost like an allergic reaction. My scalp would get BUMPS and become VERY SORE. I am still recovering. I still have one spot that itches from time to time. 

I think this whole regimen is starting to come together really well. We have a lot of experience among everyone who is doing the regimen. Different problems we know how to address now (especially ME! I have made SOOO MANY bad mistakes and they have set me BACK... leaving me tempted to put my hair in twists again, but I am determined to perfect this method. I believe, even despite that really bad mistakes like using comb, wrong products, wrong technique, causing scalp irritation, etc -- that I am actually very close). I have an exam today and have a client I am making a youtube video for tonight but when I am done with those two, I am going to start working on the website again and release the FB group. *excited*

Your welcome, kwicherbichen. The trial and error will be a lot easier now that you're narrowing down those products. Hmm, interesting about the shower cap. That's awful. could it be a reaction to the plastic? I wonder if they have hypoallergenic shower caps, or ones with a stronger type of plastic that you can rinse out after each use. those are actually meant to be reused to its possible your scalp wont react badly to it in comparison with the disposable caps.

Can't wait for the facebook group. Glad to see u back on the forum btw. if you ever have that access denied just copy everything you wrote on your clipboard beforehand so u just have to paste it if it doesn't go through.

I looked up a good showercap.

http://www.amazon.com/Shower-Mold-Resistant-Sage-AH6030S/dp/B003PWV05Y/ref=sr_1_10?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1401718632&sr=1-10&keywords=Mold+Resistant+Shower+Cap

"made from micro-poly and comes with a comfortable trim. Microban Antibacterial Protection, mold resistant, water-repelling, glossy TPU exterior."

this may also work better for wearing under wigs if it doesn't make that rustling noise that u txted me about.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 02 2014 at 9:20am
bohomojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bohomojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:56am
I am not intending to use the clay rinse as a natural relaxer. I was just comparing it to the consistency of the relaxer. Is there a different way of mixing it that I am not aware of? its just really thick and awkward for me for some odd reason. Its like applying mud to my hair and I am wondering if I didn't use enough water. I used the recipe given on the first page. My mom looked at me like I was psycho because of how hard it was to pick it up and apply it. I certainly cannot use the cone applicator tip to apply it because it is so thick.
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 12:01pm

Hi Pinkecube – thanks! Smile

I’ve just watched the video, thanks for pointing it out - you can really see how your hair has progressed... Your coils / curls are beautiful!

However, I was wondering if you’re going to condition your hair, wouldn’t it be better to use ACV at the end stages of both the prep step for first times or the daily regimen instead? Otherwise aren’t we just closing the cuticles with ACV then opening them back up again when we condition (steaming, DC’ing, GHE)?

Also, can you mix clay (in my case Rhassoul) with conditioner? I already do this with  oils, as I found I lost more hair with Rhassoul and oil alone.

It’s been a nightmare trying to track down a conditioner that meets MHM requirements! Still having issues tracking down a good conditioner I don’t have to order. I was wondering if MHM would work with water soluble silicones?

Lastly, once max hydration has been reached do you advice against using heat – either occasionally or on a regular basis. I’m guessing ‘heat training’ would be incompatible with MHM?

Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 1:08pm
TRESEMME NATURALS – can anyone help?

I thought this range would be my best bet as it's widely available over here. However, it’s confusing because the names of products aren’t the same in the UK. We get ‘Nourishing Moisture’ and ‘Vibrantly Smooth’. Also, the Naturals range seems to be a lot harder to find.

So here are my questions:
1)
If the names are different in the UK does that mean the ingredients are different too?

2) @ Pinkecube
: There doesn’t seem to be an equivalent for Natural Volumes Radiant Volume range in the UK at all. Is there any other conditioner from Tresemme Naturals that you can recommend?

3)
There seem to be lots of complaints about the new formula Tresemme Naturals (black cap). Apparently the old formula (white cap) was much better. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Also, UK ladies: Large bottles of Tresemme  currently on sale in Asda - £2.75 and in Sainsburys approx £2.50. However, I haven’t been able to track down the ones I want in the shops – so good luck!

TIA Smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 175>