Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 277>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 9:39pm
Hi narutaltash. It actually might not be watered down enough. Just look at the bottle that you made today, and next time make it a bit more watery than that. Maybe try 1 tablespoon now. I find that when i apply the conditioner to my hair, how my hair feels as i'm applying it will determine how my hair will dry. So you want slight slip, but not too much. Basically you want it when you apply it to your hair not to turn your hair that white. By the time you work it in, you hair should be soaking in that conditioner and even start to clump. It will feel more wet and less foamy. Make it too squeaky and you will have too much crunch. Make it too slippery and you will have a very soft hold. When i do my hair tomorrow, i'll try and measure. Usually 4 squirts is all i need, and then i fill up the rest of the kckt bottle.

Edited by pinkecube - May 31 2014 at 9:42pm
Sponsored Links

Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Hi narutaltash. It actually might not be watered down enough. Just look at the bottle that you made today, and next time make it a bit more watery than that. Maybe try 1 tablespoon now. I find that when i apply the conditioner to my hair, how my hair feels as i'm applying it will determine how my hair will dry. So you want slight slip, but not too much. Basically you want it when you apply it to your hair not to turn your hair that white. By the time you work it in, you hair should be soaking in that conditioner and even start to clump. It will feel more wet and less foamy. Make it too squeaky and you will have too much crunch. Make it too slippery and you will have a very soft hold. When i do my hair tomorrow, i'll try and measure. Usually 4 squirts is all i need, and then i fill up the rest of the kckt bottle.
Thx pinkecube! I will try 1 tbs next time around. Should I still use 7 oz of water? Or 8 oz?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Thx pinkecube! I will try 1 tbs next time around. Should I still use 7 oz of water? Or 8 oz?

youre welcome! 8 oz. I do my mixtures in an empty bottle of kckt, which is 8 oz and just filll it almost all the way up. so its usually 7-8 oz.
kwicherbichen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 7:47pm
Used Oyin as deep conditioner today, then read your post and I will stop using it. 

Maybe we can make a list of good conditioners to use.

Could KCKT work as a deep conditioner?

Here are my results of today which look and feel better:
https://vine.co/v/MpOOVJA7umr

• with BS + cleanser (which is Curls creamy curl cleanser, btw... I don't think it has any bad ingredients. Please check)
  • Oyinhandmade conditioner for deep condition over night (which I need to replace)
  • Bentonite clay + diva smooth honey + castor oil
  • KCKT (not diluted)
  • KCCC + Curls Passion gel (made it foam more) + almond oil (made it more slick) + diluted in water (made it more foamy and feel less crunchy)
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by kwicherbichen kwicherbichen wrote:

Used Oyin as deep conditioner today, then read your post and I will stop using it. 

Maybe we can make a list of good conditioners to use.

Could KCKT work as a deep conditioner?

Here are my results of today which look and feel better:
https://vine.co/v/MpOOVJA7umr

• with BS + cleanser (which is Curls creamy curl cleanser, btw... I don't think it has any bad ingredients. Please check)
  • Oyinhandmade conditioner for deep condition over night (which I need to replace)
  • Bentonite clay + diva smooth honey + castor oil
  • KCKT (not diluted)
  • KCCC + Curls Passion gel (made it foam more) + almond oil (made it more slick) + diluted in water (made it more foamy and feel less crunchy)

Hey kwicherbichen. The list of recommended products are on page ten of the forum. Although omit the bamboo gel and the 4 naturals gel if ur checking out the gel list.

Yes kinky curly knot today is one of the recommended products, along with the tea tree tingle conditioner. It will make an excellent DC. There's also two new gels i want to add to the list, i think they're like 3-4 pages back. I could really not find a lot of good conditioners the last time i spent the day researching, but i plan to do it again and just dedicate a day solely to researching conditioner ingredients.

When you say "cleanser" what is that? You only need to mix the bakingsoda with kckt or some other conditioner(also diluted with water). Shampoos are not needed. You have a lot of different products here. At the base of it all, you only need 3.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 01 2014 at 8:15pm
kwicherbichen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:26pm
Well, like I said, I am using up products that I ALREADY have. I am using the creamy cleanser just because I already have it and I do not see any bad ingredients in it and it feels like a conditioner. The Diva smooth is basically honey and molasses so I am using up the rest of that. I'm just using up what I already have.

Curls passion gel also seems to not have any bad ingredients and I got it because I wanted the extra hold. The edge control gels make my curls pop but they all contained protein, and I found I had this passion gel that seemed to have good ingredients. It also makes my curls pop.

But essentially, I can cut out everything and ONLY use KCKT and KCCC as the products I use?
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:42pm
I threw away my old products after starting this regimen and it was worth it. I only use Trader Joes and KCCC. I figured if a product wasn't helping my hair why use it
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by kwicherbichen kwicherbichen wrote:

Well, like I said, I am using up products that I ALREADY have. I am using the creamy cleanser just because I already have it and I do not see any bad ingredients in it and it feels like a conditioner. The Diva smooth is basically honey and molasses so I am using up the rest of that. I'm just using up what I already have.

Curls passion gel also seems to not have any bad ingredients and I got it because I wanted the extra hold. The edge control gels make my curls pop but they all contained protein, and I found I had this passion gel that seemed to have good ingredients. It also makes my curls pop.

But essentially, I can cut out everything and ONLY use KCKT and KCCC as the products I use?

curl cleanser problem ingredients

Water, Sodium Cocyl Isethionate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Steric Acid, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polyquaternium-7, Fragrance, Silk Amino Acids, Panthenol, Certified Organic Daucus Carota Sativa (carrot) seed oil, Certified Organic Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Certified Organic Aesculus Hipocastanum (Horse Chestnut) extract, Certified Organic Salvia Officinalis (sage) leaf extract, , Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Caramel.

Curls passion fruit

Water, Ceteareth-25, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Glycerin, Isostearyl Isostearate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil(not castor oil, is a mineral oil wax), Shea Butter, Mango Seed Butter, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E Oil, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Passion Fruit Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydro- lyzed Maize Starch(hydrolyzed protein), Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance.

for MHM we have established that you need want to avoid the following ingredients to get the most out of the regimen. everything you do matters and has it's effect, you can't change it for short term results, this reggie is not about short term results.:

TEA-triethanolamine and other ethanolamines- A drying alcohol derived from ethanol, forms lye salt in water based products and dissolves certain types of hair after longterm use(like wearing a product with this ingredient on your hair for the whole day and overnight, or using it daily)

Hydrolyzed wheat protein/ peptides- Bad for low porosity hair and most kinkier type 4 hair.

Panthenol: build up and acts like protein

Glycerin& Propylene glycol- Pulls moisture out of hair cortex in dry conditions, glycerin is also astringent

Mineral Oil and waxes- Builds up and is difficult to remove all residue with out shampoo

Polyquats: Just another version of silicones

High amounts of quaternary salts: build up

Silicones: build up, can't be removed with out sulphate shampoo

Denatured and drying alcohol: drying to the hair

Salts and sulphates: Drying to the hair

sodium hydroxide or any form of lye or hydroxide/ NaOH: Lye, dissolves hair after longterm use

at the end of the day the approved kckt or trader joes tea tree tingle and an approved gel will be all you will need and also ur clay. Those products are not approved specifically because of their ingredients, and i strongly believe ur continued usage of proteins is why you haven't been seeing longterm results.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 01 2014 at 8:53pm
bohomojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bohomojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:50pm
What does the bentonite clay rinse do for my hair? Is it necessary? I don't like the way the clay feels in my hair and I feel like the amount used was excessive. It felt like I was applying a relaxer to my hair (in terms off the amount of clay used). I know that some people use the bentonite clay as a natural "relaxer", but I just want to know what exactly it does.
I ordered the clay from amazon.... http://www.amazon.com/Aztec-Secrets-Indian-Healing-Bentonite/dp/B00772AKMM
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by bohomojo bohomojo wrote:

What does the bentonite clay rinse do for my hair? Is it necessary? I don't like the way the clay feels in my hair and I feel like the amount used was excessive. It felt like I was applying a relaxer to my hair (in terms off the amount of clay used). I know that some people use the bentonite clay as a natural "relaxer", but I just want to know what exactly it does.
I ordered the clay from amazon.... http://www.amazon.com/Aztec-Secrets-Indian-Healing-Bentonite/dp/B00772AKMM

No, it is not a relaxer. A relaxer is depilatory lye or hydroxides. A relaxer chemically changes the hair. Bentonite clay is basically dirt. It clarifies the hair and also has conditioning effects. It lift the hair cuticle the same way bakingsoda does, and this allows your hair to absorb water. It also makes the curls pop. It is not a relaxer, that is misinformation. Even if you used a relaxer or texturizer, it would never make your curls more uniform. It would just break the bonds of your hair so your curl pattern if effected.

Clay doesn't change the curl pattern, it helps make it more uniform, because when the cuticles are lifted, more moisture is absorbed into the hair cortex. This is about combatting kinks and torsions, not coils. A relaxer never really makes the hair less kinky or "nappy". The hair is still just as dehydrated and lightweight as before, just minus the curl pattern.

With the clay step the hair is more weighed down from within the cortex and is able to form the uniform curl it is supposed to. I will add a link that i talk in detail about this. It is also very necessary. Skipping that step is like taking a beneficial part of the system out.

Info about the difference between a kink or napp and coils/zigzags/curlpattern
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_post10840588.html?KW=lightweight#10840588

Another look at 4c hair(bottom)
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/wash-and-gos-dont-work-on-nappy-hair_topic368716_post10825140.html?KW=lightweight#10825140

neither clay, bakingsoda or applecider vinegar directly change the curl pattern or loosen it. It's all about how they work together in a system. It's already been scientifically proven that ph from 4-9 do not effect the hair except to lift and close the hair cuticle. Relaxers have a high ph and also are able to straighten the hair because of the depilatory nature of the hydroxides in their product.

(you can scroll past the first post, i rewrote it so it's easier to read later in the other pages)
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-whole-scientific-truth-about-triethanolamine_topic369616.html

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 01 2014 at 9:19pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style