Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 276>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 9:09am
Originally posted by BlaqueRose BlaqueRose wrote:

Thanks very much Pinkecube. just got off the iherb website. they don t have the KCKT. so was thinking of waiting until they have it in stock and then place my order of both the KCCC and the KCKT. this was I will pay one shipping price. by the way, can you please provide me with your referral code. that way you will save between 5 - 10$ on your next order for referring me. so should I wait and save or should I just order? what do you think???

Hi BlaqueRose, actually msdeekay left you that iherb link, not me lol. but here is the iherb coupon code posted awhile back--->

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page26.html

Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

For those of you using KCCC, I just bought the 16 oz size of iHerb for 24.99 ( $5 off with coupon code and no tax) and it comes with free shipping if you're in the US on any order over 20$. It's a really good deal since the 8 oz size is $17 so if you buy two of those then thats $34 plus tax. You're saving $10!

http://www.iherb.com/Kinky-Curly-Original-Curling-Custard-Natural-Styling-Gel-16-oz-472-ml/40510#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=kinky-curly&rc=16&sr=null&ic=10

Coupon Code: SMS757

Hope I helped

Edited by pinkecube - May 31 2014 at 9:10am
Sponsored Links

msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 9:24am
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by BlaqueRose BlaqueRose wrote:

Thanks very much Pinkecube. just got off the iherb website. they don t have the KCKT. so was thinking of waiting until they have it in stock and then place my order of both the KCCC and the KCKT. this was I will pay one shipping price. by the way, can you please provide me with your referral code. that way you will save between 5 - 10$ on your next order for referring me. so should I wait and save or should I just order? what do you think???

Hi BlaqueRose, actually msdeekay left you that iherb link, not me lol. but here is the iherb coupon code posted awhile back--->

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page26.html

Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

For those of you using KCCC, I just bought the 16 oz size of iHerb for 24.99 ( $5 off with coupon code and no tax) and it comes with free shipping if you're in the US on any order over 20$. It's a really good deal since the 8 oz size is $17 so if you buy two of those then thats $34 plus tax. You're saving $10!

http://www.iherb.com/Kinky-Curly-Original-Curling-Custard-Natural-Styling-Gel-16-oz-472-ml/40510#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=kinky-curly&rc=16&sr=null&ic=10

Coupon Code: SMS757

Hope I helped

Yes you can use the coupon code provided by aharri above or you can use DCJ671

I think for shipping purposes its best to wait to order them together but as soon as they notify you that its in order make sure you order right away. I waited last time and when I went to place the order that evening they were out of it again! 
kwicherbichen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 4:07pm
https://vine.co/v/Mdl3Bul96ri

I have been using different products on different days. I started trying to use only all natural stuff now.

Cleanser:
ACV rinse
BS rinse with conditioner/cream cleanser

Conditioner:
OyinHandmade Honey Conditioner w/ tea

Mud Mask:
Sahara mud or Bentonite Clay with Diva Smooth Honey

Leave-in:
OyinHandmade (conditioner is also a leave in)

Gel:
KKCC  -- used to mix it with an edge control, but it has protein in it so I stopped.

I think I am going to mix KKCC with castor oil and water. I know you water down the leave in, but my hair is NEVER soft when I water down the conditioner and then put gel. I'm going to try to water down the gel instead.

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by kwicherbichen kwicherbichen wrote:

https://vine.co/v/Mdl3Bul96ri

I have been using different products on different days. I started trying to use only all natural stuff now.

Cleanser:
ACV rinse
BS rinse with conditioner/cream cleanser

Conditioner:
OyinHandmade Honey Conditioner w/ tea

Mud Mask:
Sahara mud or Bentonite Clay with Diva Smooth Honey

Leave-in:
OyinHandmade (conditioner is also a leave in)

Gel:
KKCC  -- used to mix it with an edge control, but it has protein in it so I stopped.

I think I am going to mix KKCC with castor oil and water. I know you water down the leave in, but my hair is NEVER soft when I water down the conditioner and then put gel. I'm going to try to water down the gel instead.

Just mixing water alone in the kccc should work. And also, how are you watering down the kckt leave in, how much. And how are you applying it. Are you doing it section by section, or doing your whole head with the leave in and then applying the gel. How wet is the section before you apply the gel, and does the watered down version look see through. Does your hair have slip when you applying it? Does it foam a bit before you rub it in. I think you are watering it down too much.

Just realized u were using oyin handmade. That would explain y watering it down hasnt been working. This product may be setting u back as well, and that would also explain why you can't water it down. There's nothing wrong with the kccc, it's the leave in you are using and that edge control. You can't use any old product with this regimen, they will set you back. That's why you aren't seeing results. Make sure you are paying attention to all the ingredients in your products before you use them.

Ingredients:
water, aloe barbadensis leaf juice(this aloe juice, can cause frizz since it's in your leave in and not the gel so it will be astringent) (organic), cetearyl alcohol, behentremonium methosulfate (emulsifier derived from colza oil), honey, unrefined cannabis sativa (hemp) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, vegetable glycerin, hydrolized silk protein, citrus limonum (lemon) peel oil,

btw this regimen doesn't loosen your curls, so don't expect a looser or bigger curl pattern. the curls your already have will pop and clump, but it doesn't actually change the curl pattern

Edited by pinkecube - May 31 2014 at 5:06pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 5:21pm
Yes, I do it section by section and in thin shingles like you do in your video. One day, I used a product and it worked like a CHARM but it was a home=made product from a friend and she did not remember the ingredients she put in it. But every other time, it felt hopeless.

My hair does NOT have any slip unless I have a lot of conditioner or, hate to say it, PROTEIN. I cannot use water down conditioner. It does not matter which conditioner it is. Whether it is a silicone conditioner, a 100% all natural conditioner, etc. If it is watered down as you suggest in the video, it is like I actually put a DRYING agent on my hair. My hair gets hard and dry. KCKT is the worst. Its like I put NOTHING in my hair when diluted. I have to use it straight and it is so expensive (I bought the oyinhandmade because I could buy 32 ounces for almost the SAME price as one KCKT).

The section is soaking wet because I do it right after I rinse out the clay mask. 

Does it foam? I don't think it does. Should it?

I have not been using oyin for that long. Only 2 days. I have been using VARIOUS conditioners with the same problem. I've only had success with the mystery product my friend made and I really suspect that it had protein in it. Protein conditioners give me more slip than anything.

Okay so can I use Oyin hand made as the conditioner rather than the leave-in? Doesn't KKCC also have aloe vera?

I'm going to try with diluted gel and see what happens. 

Edited by kwicherbichen - May 31 2014 at 5:24pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 5:35pm
Yes, I do it section by section and in thin shingles like you do in your video. One day, I used a product and it worked like a CHARM but it was a home=made product from a friend and she did not remember the ingredients she put in it. But every other time, it felt hopeless.

My hair does NOT have any slip unless I have a lot of conditioner or, hate to say it, PROTEIN. I cannot use water down conditioner. It does not matter which conditioner it is. Whether it is a silicone conditioner, a 100% all natural conditioner, etc. If it is watered down as you suggest in the video, it is like I actually put a DRYING agent on my hair. My hair gets hard and dry. KCKT is the worst. Its like I put NOTHING in my hair. 

You have been using silicone conditioners??? Kwicherbichen. I'm gonna be blunt. This regimen is not going to work if you do not use the right products. Did you read the list of ingredients to avoid? Secondly, if the kckt was too watered down, just adjust how much you water it down. That plays a direct role in how it dries in the hair. You need to trial and error on one product instead of trying to find the solution in different products, because that isn't the problem. Pay attention to how it feels on your hair, as you are applying it. Did you watch my video? (I kept sending it to you but i'm not sure if you saw it, or if it went through. I'm hoping all my messages are going through b/c this seems like stuff i have already talked to you about awhile ago.) I'm applying the conditioner from root to tip and making sure it is saturating my curls. I am also paying attention to how i water it down, how it feels in my hand so i know if i made the mixture too watery or too thick. Try this advice with the kckt. I think you are doing a lot of things and not being consistent with the rules especially, that is the problem here. You cannot trade short term satisfaction of using silicones and proteins for long term results in this reggie. It always ends in set backs.

Even if you are using various conditioners, it does not matter. They are controlled by the ingredients in them, and you need to be avoiding the no-no ingredients on the list, seriously. This is one of the most important things about the regimen, avoiding drying products.

The section is soaking wet because I do it right after I rinse out the clay mask. Your hair needs to be wet with the conditioner, is what i mean. Like thouroughly applied.

Does it foam? I don't think it does. Should it?

I have not been using oyin for that long. Only 2 days. I have been using VARIOUS conditioners with the same problem. I've only had success with the mystery product my friend made and I really suspect that it had protein in it. Protein conditioners give me more slip than anything.

If the protein conditioners were working you would be seeing clumping on your product free hair right now. You may like the feeling, some ppl even like the short term effects of silicones but that doesn't mean it's ideal for your hair.

Okay so can I use Oyin hand made as the conditioner rather than the leave-in? Doesn't KKCC also have aloe vera?

Yes, kccc has aloe, but since it forms a cast when dry and hold it doesn't have as much an astringent effect. Using it as a leave in means it's like putting aloe juice on your hair so it could be compared to putting watered down aloe juice on your hair-- something in my experience has caused instant frizz. Also, the main ingredient in the oyin is aloe where as the aloe in kccc is the 6th ingredient. I think you should stick to the kckt and try to actually work with it, instead of switching to a bunch of different products and not looking at the ingredients. It's a great conditioner, and once you are doing everything correctly it will give you consistent and dramatic results you want to see with this regimen.

Edited by pinkecube - May 31 2014 at 5:47pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 8:12pm
No I haven't used any silicones on the mhm regime. Just making a point that watered down conditioner doesn't work for me per what is in ur video. I can do a bit of hot tea but the amount you water down ur conditioner in the video actually dries my hair.

Also would oyinhandmade be okay for a deep conditoner?

I've been following the regime plus ghe for hair growth. I threw away big nono products and used up products I have that I think we're okay but some have glycerin, some have aloe vera, I don't have any perfect product. I just follow the technique and haven't gotten max hydration. Just good results, but since I actually know what max hydration looks like I'm trying to figure out exactly what I'm doing wrong. Haven't had time to make a video to show u in detail but I'll try by next week.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 8:12pm
This is also really important because others will have these same Issues once mhm goes live/viral. Have to work out these kinks...

So I'm using oyinhandmade as a deep conditoner only, using kckt , full concentration and watered down kccc which actuallu feels much better with water and oil mixed.

Considering curls passion fruit gel ti mix in since it has the hold of edge control but seems to have safe ingredients

Edited by kwicherbichen - May 31 2014 at 8:15pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by kwicherbichen kwicherbichen wrote:

No I haven't used any silicones on the mhm regime. Just making a point that watered down conditioner doesn't work for me per what is in ur video. I can do a bit of hot tea but the amount you water down ur conditioner in the video actually dries my hair.

Also would oyinhandmade be okay for a deep conditoner?

I've been following the regime plus ghe for hair growth. I threw away big nono products and used up products I have that I think we're okay but some have glycerin, some have aloe vera, I don't have any perfect product. I just follow the technique and haven't gotten max hydration. Just good results, but since I actually know what max hydration looks like I'm trying to figure out exactly what I'm doing wrong. Haven't had time to make a video to show u in detail but I'll try by next week.

Oyin is a nono because of the hydrolyzed wheat protein. It's okay to have aloe vera in a gel, it's not even on the official list of ingredients to avoid. I'm just saying that it being in your conditioner can contribute to some of the reasons you dont have clumping. As for the kinky curly knot today, If it's watered down too much for you in the video, just adjust it by adding more conditioner to it. You have to determine the right consistency by the way your hair feels and how it feels in your hand and how watery it is in your bottle, that's what the trial and error's for.

Just focus on the list of main ingredients that i sent you and posted on this forum (page 67). I think that you should stick to all the rules of the reggie. I recommended products to use, and can give advice if you are using the right ones. But using different products with any ingredient and wondering why the method can't work or techniques don't work... there is no technique that will make up for drying ingredients. Try to experiment using the kccc and kckt, it will be worth it.

They aren't perfect products, but they are the best options out of what you currently own. Many on the forum and people who have contacted me, have had small problems and set backs only to find they using a product has no-no ingredients or they are doing the steps wrong. Nothing really needs to be changed about the regimen. Every one i have consulted has gotten over these set backs just by dropping the others and being consistent, and have started to see improvement. Once everything is done correctly, the results just get better and better.

Right now you are stuck at the trial and error stage b/c you won't get rid of products with the main no-no ingredients i already said will not work as effectively for this regimen. You may get short term results, but you aren't seeing dramatic changes. That would be why. Your products must not contain those ingredients. Even if you use aloe in gel, it's a minor problem ingredient in comparison to glycerin and hydrolyzed protein. The reason i don't recommend aloe in conditioner is it's astringent property (plus closing of the cuticle) somehow makes it so ur hair doesn't absorb the conditioner as well. As a gel, it works better because it dries into a cast. Your cuticles are closing after moisture has been introduced, and it will form a cast sealing in the moisture. So just use the kckt, you already have it and it works very well for this reggie.

Edited by pinkecube - May 31 2014 at 8:43pm
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 9:28pm

@pinkecube I did my hair today and it air dried into a lovely fro! Lol! I didn't have a gel cast either. My hair was soft and it felt like I didn't have any product in my hair. I still think that I may not have the right amount of kckt to water mixture. I'm thinking my kckt may be watered down too much. I've used 2 tbs of kckt and 7 oz of water. Steps 1,2, & 3 are fine but I'm still dropping the ball on steps 4 & 5. Once I can figure out the last 2 steps then it should get easier. I no you gave me suggestions before but can you please add any additional suggestions that may help me? Thx

Edited by Naturaltash1 - May 31 2014 at 9:28pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style