Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 252>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by CurlyGurlTash CurlyGurlTash wrote:

Hey pinkecube, I was wondering if I would have any problems using Yes To Carrots Pampering Conditioner for my BS step and or DC step?

Don't use this conditioner. It's possible that it can even cause breakage. Bolded ingredients below:

Ingredients

Water (Aqua) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Behenalkonium Chloride (build up), Cetyl Esters , Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Juice , Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil , Dead Sea Water (Maris Aqua) , Maris Limus Silt ExtractDead Sea Silt , Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil , Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond) , Calendula (Calendula Officinalis) Flower Seed Oil , Cucurbita Pepo Fruit ExtractPumpkin , Ipomoea Batatas ExtractSweet Potato , Cucumis Melo Fruit ExtractMelon , Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil , Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil , Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract , Honey Extract , Punica Granatum Extract (Pomegranate) , Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride(build up) , Fragrance (Parfum) , Sodium Hydroxide , Sodium Benzoate , Potassium Sorbate
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 1:54pm
Brief Explanation List of No-NO ingredients:

TEA-triethanolamine and other ethanolamines- A drying alcohol derived from ethanol, forms lye salt in water based products and dissolves certain types of hair after longterm use(like wearing a product with this ingredient on your hair for the whole day and overnight, or using it daily)

Hydrolyzed wheat protein/ peptides- Bad for low porosity hair and most kinkier type 4 hair.

Panthenol: build up and acts like protein

Glycerin& Propylene glycol- Pulls moisture out of hair cortex in dry conditions, glycerin is also astringent

Mineral Oil and waxes- Builds up and is difficult to remove all residue with out shampoo

Polyquats: Just another version of silicones

High amounts of quaternary salts: build up

Silicones: build up, can't be removed with out sulphate shampoo

Denatured and drying alcohol: drying to the hair

Salts and sulphates: Drying to the hair

sodium hydroxide or any form of lye or hydroxide/ NaOH: Lye, dissolves hair after longterm use

Edited by pinkecube - May 31 2014 at 9:37am
CurlyGurlTash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CurlyGurlTash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 2:03pm
I figured that..thanks!
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 2:12pm
Pink Shea moisture is on sale at Walgreens buy 1 get 1. Yes or no?

I was looking at the curling gel.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Pink Shea moisture is on sale at Walgreens buy 1 get 1. Yes or no?

I was looking at the curling gel.

Hi sugabanana, I'd say no.

SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curling Gel Souffle

Ingredients:
Aqueous Infusion of Agave Teqilana Leaf Extract and Sugar Cane Extract , Pectin , Vegetable Glycerin , Adansonia Digitata Pulp Extract (Baobab) , Cocos Nucifera OilCoconut, Certified Organic , Butyrospermum ParkiiShea Butter, Certified Organic , Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5) , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf ExtractCertified Organic , TocopherolVitamin E, Vegetable Oil Source , Linum Usitatissimum Seed Extract (Linseed/Flax) , Hibiscus Sabdariffa Extract , Potassium Sorbate , Proprietary Essential Oil Blend

Edited by pinkecube - May 30 2014 at 2:22pm
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 5:16pm
Had to do a modified MHM routine today. I was doing step 1 but I got called to do something. I rinsed the BS/condish out of my hair and skipped to step 4 and 5 (leave in and gel) my hair came out good surprinsgly
BlaqueRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BlaqueRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 6:53am
HI everyone, I've been stalking  this thread for a while now. I have all the ingredients except for the Gel and Condish. Now I live in Johannesburg, South Africa. we do not have any of the recommended gels and condishiners recommended on this site. the only way is for me to order them from amazon. now my problem with that is, the shipping price costs more than the products themselves. I really wanted to try the Fat and Rich Botanicals Alcohol Free Gel. the Gel cost R188.90 and the shipping cost R700.  Crazy ryt? What am I to do????Confused
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 7:28am
Originally posted by BlaqueRose BlaqueRose wrote:

HI everyone, I've been stalking  this thread for a while now. I have all the ingredients except for the Gel and Condish. Now I live in Johannesburg, South Africa. we do not have any of the recommended gels and condishiners recommended on this site. the only way is for me to order them from amazon. now my problem with that is, the shipping price costs more than the products themselves. I really wanted to try the Fat and Rich Botanicals Alcohol Free Gel. the Gel cost R188.90 and the shipping cost R700.  Crazy ryt? What am I to do????Confused

Hi BlaqueRose, Im also located outside of US and it has been a hassle finding products on the ground. So I definitely feel your plan. Yes I had the same exact problem trying to order from Amazon. The shipping price did not justify purchasing the product at all.

What I suggest is trying to order from iHerb. I think they ship world wide. I just ordered from them and they only charged me a flat fee of $8 and this is with DHL and I got my products within the week. The only issue I have with them is they have limited supply and you have to ask to be notified when the product comes in supply. That way when it does you have to place your order right away or you will end up with it being out of order again and you will have to wait a couple of weeks until you get your order! At least that is the experience I have had with KCKT and KCCC 16 oz I would also suggest if you can order the 16 oz KCCC and more than one bottle of KCKT that way it will last you a while before you place another order.

Hope this works out for you and welcome to the mhm journey Smile

Edited by msdeekay - May 31 2014 at 7:30am
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 7:37am
Originally posted by BlaqueRose BlaqueRose wrote:

Hi BlaqueRose! Welcome to the MHM journey! Big smile

BlaqueRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlaqueRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 8:31am
Thanks very much Pinkecube. just got off the iherb website. they don t have the KCKT. so was thinking of waiting until they have it in stock and then place my order of both the KCCC and the KCKT. this was I will pay one shipping price. by the way, can you please provide me with your referral code. that way you will save between 5 - 10$ on your next order for referring me. so should I wait and save or should I just order? what do you think???
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 252>
  Share Topic