Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 191>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Christine UK Christine UK wrote:

Hi Pinkecube.  I have already gone ahead and used the liquid aminos with the hydrolysed proteins, (its was in the sports section and is an edible one).  Did not seem to bother my hair and I definitely have more curls today than yesterday.  Is protein a no-no for normal or high porosity hair on this regimen?  Are you saying that the cuticles cannot lift properly when the gaps have been filled with protein?  Just trying to understand how this works, since a lot of references seems to be towards low porosity hair, making it hard to decipher if some of the points stipulated in the some of the Q & As are related to all porosities or just low. if you get what I mean.   Also, in some of the older posts (March), you were putting a Q & A together.  Has it been completed yet?  If so, could you put up a link?  Thanks for getting back to your subscribers at a good time rate.  Learnt so much just reading through some of the older posts.

Hi Christine, no problem. I'm soon gonna take a break from replying. Maybe tomorrow until saturday, so i can work on these FAQs more thoroughly.

With protein, it basically coats the strand. It doesn't literally make the cuticles not lift. the problem is is seals over the cuticles(open or not the gaps are being blocked), much like a silicone only not as bad as a silicone. When the cuticles are blocked, even when your cuticles are open, that protein is forming a barrier. It isn't allowing the maximum amount of moisture to get in. In this sense, it is reducing the porosity of your hair. This is why high porous naturals with damage, relaxers, benefit more from proteins and silicones. Their cuticles are not literally open all the time, they could naturally even have low porosity hair, but the damage has eaten holes in their cuticle layer. Making their hair high porous by definition, and also weaker since the cortex is exposed and prone to breaking. So filling in those holes helps the to lower that porosity and strengthen their hair. Their priority is preventing their hair from breaking off due to it's weakened state. The problem is that this is filling in the gaps. Once those gaps are filled, they don't automatically open back up for when you moisturize your hair. So they trade efficient moisture for strengthened strands.

At some point, these proteins build up. It's like with henna, the color lasts awhile in the hair. Protein bonds to the hair and resists being removed. Panthenol and coconut oil do this as well, only more from the inside of the hair.  So that build up soon becomes protein overload; now your cuticles have become so blocked that your hair is unable to absorb sufficient amounts of moisture. You gets symptoms of dry and brittle hair. Moisture overload by the way is the same thing, build up but of conditioning agents.

That's why cowashing isn't enough. If i only ever cowashed and deep conditioned, i would eventually suffer some form of build up. Regular product build up of waxes and oils, build up of conditioning agents, build up of plastics, or build up of proteins. Because of this, ppl recommend at protein moisture balance. balancing protein and conditioning agent build up. Still no dramatic improvements in the hair, because that issue of build up is not completely gone.

If your hair is higher porous, you may not have problems with proteins. Still, proteins should be limited for all hair. So i for example wouldn't be using proteins everytime i do the regimen. i would use it at certain intervals. Regardless of porosity, anyone can get protein overload and its pretty easy to get, much easier than moisture overload, and once you get it, it takes time t recover. So even if your hair high porous, if it's in the type 4 category limit the use of proteins.

They give initial good results, and then when they start to build up, they cause more harm than good. The only thing porosity should tell you is how high your limit for proteins is, but every head of hair has that limit since every head of hair needs moisture. Low porosity has a very low limit for proteins. One use of hydrolyzed wheat protein could instantly block their cuticles and prevent moisture. Others may take a few uses until they reach that point, depending on the strength of the protein as well.(this is one of my FAQ topics btw) Don't try and get a gel or conditioner with hydrolyzed wheat protein as the main ingredient, and space out that protein when you use it. This is a method where moisture needs to be boosted. If protein were an issue for type 4 hair, many of us would already have gotten root to tip definition with all the products that have protein in them.

At the time when i made that comment in march, i only had a few FAQ topics, but as time passed more and more topics came up and more research was done. So i haven't finished the FAQ. Right now there are 34 topics, and these topics are a few pages to write by themselves. So i'm working on it, but i need more time to complete it if i want to make it thorough. This FAQ will either end up being a blog post on the main website http://www.maxhydrationmethod.com/p/home.html or an ebook, or both. With the help of kwicherbichen. It is very in-depth and detailed.

Edited by pinkecube - May 28 2014 at 11:31am
Sponsored Links

Christine UK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 12:52pm
Fantastic!!!  I hear you!  I just feel that sometimes some of the posts sounds like we are supposed to completely avoid proteins!  Also glycerin.  I don't think you realise how big this is going to be Pinke!  I am so happy for you (pre-celebrations loool).  Learning a lot from you.  Already subscribed to the website and cannot wait for it to be up and running.  The faq IS GOING TO BE AWESOME.  But you gotta understand, you've started a fire and it's starting to get outta control! HA HA!  We all want MAX HYDRATED CURLS! 

Q. How often are we supposed to steps 1-5 after the initial first week? Could you do a typical timetable showing an example over week's period?

Also, some conditioners or gels recommended (from subscribers) still contain 'no-no' ingredients for me.  I think some people are just focusing on  products that don't contain silicone, 'drying' ingredients etc.  But what about ingredients concerning our health i.e  DMDM HYDANTOIN, TRIEMETHOLAMINE  PROPYLENE GLYCOL ETC. 

Is there any TMHM friendly conditioners/gels that are cost effective? (not everyone can afford KCKT/KCCC) that doesn't contain the iffy stuff.  Hopefully when TNHM blows up, manufacterers will bew falling over themselves trying to be the first one to produce products that are associated with TMHM!
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:26pm

Fantastic!!!  I hear you!  I just feel that sometimes some of the posts sounds like we are supposed to completely avoid proteins!  Also glycerin.  I don't think you realise how big this is going to be Pinke!  I am so happy for you (pre-celebrations loool).  Learning a lot from you.  Already subscribed to the website and cannot wait for it to be up and running.  The faq IS GOING TO BE AWESOME.  But you gotta understand, you've started a fire and it's starting to get outta control! HA HA!  We all want MAX HYDRATED CURLS! 

Q. How often are we supposed to steps 1-5 after the initial first week? Could you do a typical timetable showing an example over week's period?

Also, some conditioners or gels recommended (from subscribers) still contain 'no-no' ingredients for me.  I think some people are just focusing on  products that don't contain silicone, 'drying' ingredients etc.  But what about ingredients concerning our health i.e  DMDM HYDANTOIN, TRIEMETHOLAMINE  PROPYLENE GLYCOL ETC. 

Is there any TMHM friendly conditioners/gels that are cost effective? (not everyone can afford KCKT/KCCC) that doesn't contain the iffy stuff.  Hopefully when TNHM blows up, manufacterers will bew falling over themselves trying to be the first one to produce products that are associated with TMHM!

Thanks Christine!SmileSmile
Yes, TEA and propylene glycol and dmdm, are all ingredients i discourage as well. There were a couple gels on the list, that had it but i have taken them back on the forum(couldn't edit the list though). TEA is an extremely bad ingredient. It actually gave me bald spots. You can look at my post on TEA here:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-whole-scientific-truth-about-triethanolamine_topic369616.html

Well Green Tea curl glaze has better price value, and the product recommendation list:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page10.html

has it ordered by price value. Just avoid the 4 naturals spring back custard and the bamboo Ultra control styling gel.

I try to focus on ingredients that also actively cause trouble with the hair, because narrowing down everything is almost impossible. Propelyene glycol is like glycerin, very powerful humectant that pulls moisture out of the hair in dry climates. So i don't recommend it. Glycerin isn't something i would use at all. Why have to form your regimen based on the daily weather? If it is used at all, limit it to rinse out products. And low porosity should not be using hydrolyzed proteins at all period, they are the strongest protein.

It seems like a lot to limit yourself, but you are actually freeing yourself in being this strict with products. You can use all these products, and have a significantly more difficult journey. Or you can take control and see improvements in your hair's health and managebility.

Here are a couple other gels to add to the list

Herbal Hair Styling Gel, Unscented, 8.5 oz, Strauss Herb Company

$11.99   $7.39

Ingredients:
Water, gum extract, jack pine extract, chamomile flower extract, calendula flower extract, horsetail herb extract, nettle leaf extract, dandelion leaf extract, red clover flower extract, olive fruit oil, pumpkin seed oil.

Koils by Nature Soothing Herbal Peppermint Gel $8.00, 4oz

Herb infused distilled water infused, aloe vera jucie, Shea oil, grapeseed oil, macadamia nut oil, *Jamaican Black Castor Oil, carbomer,*organic marshmallow root, *organic slippery elm bark, *Jamaican Black Castor Oil, potassium sorbate, willows bark, lemon & peppermint essential oils, citric acid.

Edited by pinkecube - May 28 2014 at 1:38pm
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Yes, TEA and propylene glycol and dmdm, are all ingredients i discourage as well. There were a couple gels on the list, that had it but i have taken them back on the forum(couldn't edit the list though). TEA is an extremely bad ingredient. It actually gave me bald spots. You can look at my post on TEA here:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-whole-scientific-truth-about-triethanolamine_topic369616.html

Well Green Tea curl glaze has better price value, and the product recommendation list:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page10.html

has it ordered by price value. Just avoid the 4 naturals spring back custard and the bamboo Ultra control styling gel.

I try to focus on ingredients that also actively cause trouble with the hair, because narrowing down everything is almost impossible. Propelyene glycol is like glycerin, very powerful humectant that pulls moisture out of the hair in dry climates. So i don't recommend it. Glycerin isn't something i would use at all. Why have to form your regimen based on the daily weather? If it is used at all, limit it to rinse out products. And low porosity should not be using hydrolyzed proteins at all period, they are the strongest protein.

It seems like a lot to limit yourself, but you are actually freeing yourself in being this strict with products. You can use all these products, and have a significantly more difficult journey. Or you can take control and see improvements in your hair's health and managebility.

$11.99   $7.39

Ingredients:
Water, gum extract, jack pine extract, chamomile flower extract, calendula flower extract, horsetail herb extract, nettle leaf extract, dandelion leaf extract, red clover flower extract, olive fruit oil, pumpkin seed oil.

Herb infused distilled water infused, aloe vera jucie, Shea oil, grapeseed oil, macadamia nut oil, *Jamaican Black Castor Oil, carbomer,*organic marshmallow root, *organic slippery elm bark, *Jamaican Black Castor Oil, potassium sorbate, willows bark, lemon & peppermint essential oils, citric acid.

The Herbal gel doesn't have aloe vera?? What!? I may have to get this
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

$11.99   $7.39

Ingredients:

lol If you do tell us how it works.
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 3:11pm

Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

$11.99   $7.39

Ingredients:

lol If you do tell us how it works.

Ugh. You know im a PJ when it comes to gels!
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 3:16pm
btw, aharri did you see my latest tuturial. I made another one and its shorter and works on mobile. It also is better at showing my technique.

Edited by pinkecube - May 28 2014 at 3:16pm
kwicherbichen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 12:05pm
Ugh yall

I've been doing max hydration about... every other day (some weeks, daily, some weeks every other day) for a month.

I haven't reached max hydration, though.

My curl pattern has loosened, my hair is DEFINITELY more manageable. BUt I don't have max hydration.

I  noticed that depending on which products I use, I can get root to tip definition or just get seperated frizzy coils. I'm thinking maybe the problem is the products I'm using?

My hair tends to get more root to tip definition with anything that is STICKY and humectant. Like castor oil or glycerin. Would like some thoughts.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by kwicherbichen kwicherbichen wrote:

Ugh yall

I've been doing max hydration about... every other day (some weeks, daily, some weeks every other day) for a month.

I haven't reached max hydration, though.

My curl pattern has loosened, my hair is DEFINITELY more manageable. BUt I don't have max hydration.

I  noticed that depending on which products I use, I can get root to tip definition or just get seperated frizzy coils. I'm thinking maybe the problem is the products I'm using?

My hair tends to get more root to tip definition with anything that is STICKY and humectant. Like castor oil or glycerin. Would like some thoughts.

Hey Kwicherbichen. Do you live in humid climate? So you are using oils and not gels? What products give you frizz? What about your product free hair, any individual coils that have reached max hydration yet.

Even i don't have max hydration yet all over my head, and i've been doing the regimen 22 times total. The strands don't reach all at the same time.

Good to hear you're getting R2T definition now. I thought you were mixing this hydrolyzed wheat protein gel into your kccc(when u txted me)? Maybe that is setting you back. Kccc is also sticky too and mildly humectant, all gels are. I would avoid the strong humectant glycerin if you live in a dry climate especially. Can you be more specific about the products u've been using, b/c u've been saying you were doing a lot of different things in my txts. Like what changes have you experimented with through out this month in terms of how you are doing the regimen, and what products u were using.

Even if it gives results the long term problem is dry hair, you want to improve the actual state of your hair so definition comes easier. If you trade short term result for longterm health, you wont see dramatic changes in your product free hair as fast. The results come with being strict and sticking to  the rules. The less hydrated your hair starts out (4c) the more strict you have to be in terms of products.

Edited by pinkecube - May 30 2014 at 12:48pm
CurlyGurlTash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyGurlTash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 1:44pm
Hey pinkecube, I was wondering if I would have any problems using Yes To Carrots Pampering Conditioner for my BS step and or DC step?

Ingredients

Water (Aqua) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Behenalkonium Chloride , Cetyl Esters , Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Juice , Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil , Dead Sea Water (Maris Aqua) , Maris Limus Silt ExtractDead Sea Silt , Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil , Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond) , Calendula (Calendula Officinalis) Flower Seed Oil , Cucurbita Pepo Fruit ExtractPumpkin , Ipomoea Batatas ExtractSweet Potato , Cucumis Melo Fruit ExtractMelon , Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil , Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil , Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract , Honey Extract , Punica Granatum Extract (Pomegranate) , Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride , Fragrance (Parfum) , Sodium Hydroxide , Sodium Benzoate , Potassium Sorbate
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 191>
  Share Topic