Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 273>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Christine UK Christine UK wrote:

I am going to give the CL a try. I have bought some liquid aminos but the major health store in the UK does not have Coconut or soy aminos. Can you check if the following ingredients are okay to use as I want to get this done asap! L

Hydrolysed proteins, citric acid, preservatives (potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate), flavouring.

I remember there being a link on here somewhere of where I can oreder on line for the UK naturals; will track back and find it.
I also tend to use Appghee 2 Step religously, every 6 weeks. If the liquid aminos above is okay to use, would I need to stop using Apoghee?

Also, is it step 2 that you can leave in overnight?
Tried sending this message before but not sure if it got through. Using mobile:((

Liquid aminos should be one of these two. What brand were you able to get? Aminos shouldn't have hydrolyzed proteins in them. I do not recommend hydrolyzed proteins, they are the strongest form of protein and tend to lower the porosity of hair, making it hard to absorb moisture. So if you have low porosity hair and are doing this reggie, avoid strong proteins.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page62.html

Here^ is the link for the UK that Love2Laugh posted.

You don't want to be using too much protein, since protein overload is easy to get. So if you are doing the CL, I wouldn't recommend doing the aphogee right after, if that is what you mean. Aphogee is a very strong protein treatment.

Yes Step 2 you can leave in overnight. Overnight deep conditioning.
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by iheartsmimi iheartsmimi wrote:

Originally posted by jdenni12 jdenni12 wrote:

Currently gathering my ingredients to start the method tonight . My only question is, is it possible to do this method at night and then go to sleep, or will it frizz up?

i do this every night from monday-thursday and i don't experience any frizz when i wake up to refresh it. i twist my hair at night to stretch it. this is out of habit though because i have never slept with loose hair. i twist it very similar to pinke however i don't tuck my ends but i may just do that tonight. 

For second day wash and go's at night i don't tuck the ends. Makes the shape funny. I do tuck when i'm DCing overnight though. But i do the french roll or twist, or whatever it's called and just use secure with bobby pins, like i did in my video. Then i wear a scarf.

@jdenni I've done this on both damp and dry, and it doesn't cause anymore frizz than the other.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by natural essence natural essence wrote:

Hi Ladies,

I hope all is well and your all well on your way to reaching your mhm goal.
I wanted to piggyback on this comment regarding oils as I would like to know where in the regime I can utilize my oils as I miss them!!  Would it be safe to add the oils into either the deep conditioning and/or leave in conditioning step?  I sked this question a few pages back re: utilizing the kimmaytube for leave in?

On another note, as this method fcues on the clarifying of the hair to be beneficial is there any chance of our hair becoming too clarified along the way?

Thanks!

No, there's no chance of the hair becoming too clarified. The clarifying steps are multifunctional, and gentle. Plus the order they are done in and the mixtures done prevent it from being too much on the hair. So your hair won't get stripped, and you are going to be using these clarifying steps to aid you so you can get proper moisture into the cuticle. The way these clairifiers are done actually make the hair MORE moisturized. This method also prevents you from suffering the consequences of build up, like greasy hair, protein overload, and moisture overload.

Oil (a tiny amount can be used during DC, but be wary of oils during DC, or maybe just limit the amount of times you use oil. Oils tend to get in the way more than help during this step.)

You can switch up oils used in you bentonite clay mix. I actually mixed a few drops of lavender essential oil into olive oil in a bottle that i use exclusively to the clay rinse.

You can do LCO. or in this case it would be like LCOG. Liquid(Your hair would already be wet), Conditioner, Oil, then Gel. This would soften the crunch a bit too.

It's also okay to scrunch in oil on damp or dry hair. Whether it causes frizz, you'll have to experiment with both and see which ur hair responds to better. I also did the oil scrunching at first, too. After mastering the right amount of leave in and how to water it down, i didn't feel the need to any more.

Honestly you aren't going to really need oils in this reggie except for maybe if you want to layer it for a softer hold. And even then the softness can be recovered by simply adjusting the amount of leave in.

I will have to look for your question about kimmaytube, I don't think i saw it.
nicoleLP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nicoleLP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 3:37pm
Hey Pinkecube

Step 5 of the MHM is the gel stage.  You mention that an option for that step, we can use LCO or LCOC.

would the LCO or LCOC be a replacement for GEL if you wanted to do another style instead of a wash n go.  

What would you recommend product wise for the LCO or LCOC method?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 3:42pm

Hi Ladies,

I also needed to ask whether it would be okay to use the aphogee 2 step protein treatment with this regimen? In the past whenever I took down a protective style (braids, weave, etc) I would follow up with the aphogee 2 step to strengthen my fine strands.  Am I still able to use this with the regimen and how would I include it?

Currently I am not experiencing any breakage and my shedding is very minimal but I do have the product and would like to use it up.

Thanks again!!

I definetly would not do the aphogee treatment with this regimen. This is a regimen done at least every 3 days. That much protein is going to set you back a lot. If you have to use the aphogee, limit how often you do it. I wouldn't even use protein for the first month of this. Protein lowers the porosity of the hair, to the point that if you do it to often you would either get protein overload, or dampen any dramatic improvement you might see with this regimen. Especially if your hair is low porosity or 4c. In that case, i'd say to take a break from the aphogee, permanently.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by nicoleLP nicoleLP wrote:

Hey Pinkecube

Step 5 of the MHM is the gel stage.  You mention that an option for that step, we can use LCO or LCOC.

would the LCO or LCOC be a replacement for GEL if you wanted to do another style instead of a wash n go.  

What would you recommend product wise for the LCO or LCOC method?

LCOC isn't necessary. LCO alone is fine. At the time, I thought it to be a good option for softening the hold of the gel, and more moisture during the winter. But now i realize we can just use thicker amounts conditioner for the drier months.

LCO can be done though. But in this method it's more like LCOG (liquid, conditioner, oil, gel). I would try not to omit the gel completely, since it holds in moisture better than oils. But if you want to use oil alone for a twist out, I recommend Still doing LCO. Never LOC. And still, you have to do your hair again after 3 days. Oils i do not recommend: Glycerin. It is astringent and also a strong humectant. If you live in a dry climate, you'll be pulling moisture out of the hair

Oils i recommend: Cold pressed Castor oil. Since it is a humectant, i layer it with an antihumectant oil when i use it. The layering order would be the antihumectant oil first, then the castor, and then the anithumectant oil. I did like 2 drops olive oil one drop castor, then 2 drops olive oil. This was over my leave in of course, per section. The result was the best bantu knot out i ever had. I'm gonna try doing one
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

@pinkecube did you reach max hydration cuz your hair looks like its already hydrated? If so, how many months did it take you to reach max hydration?

Hi Naturaltash. Well i've been doing the method since march. I try to go by the number of times that i have repeated the regimen, since some times the frequency i do my hair differs. I think I've repeated the regimen roughly 21 times.

I believe it can take 25-60 regimen repetitions to reach total max hydration on every strand, also depending on your hair type. So if you have different curl patterns they may reach max hydration faster. I have strands on my hair that have had max hydration since april. Each clump gets there at a different pace.

That's why i encourage ppl to do it as often as they can because the more times u repeat the regimen, the more your hair improves. I will start counting from 21 so i can keep track.

I do not have max hydration yet, imo. To me i won't have max hydration until all my strands start curling from root to tip, no product.

Right now, most of my strands are doing so, but i still have stubborn ones that are not. I'd say i'm maybe 75% max hydrated.
Thanks for answering my question Smile. Btw your curls look amazing! I'm pretty sure it's going to take me a min of 6 months cuz I barely have hydrated curls! Lol! What I can say is I'm finally retaining moisture cuz I did a curlformer set so that I can trim my ends & my set actually came out great! Usually it swells once I take out the rollers, but not this time. It was even hot & humid yesterday but it only slightly frizzed but I had all my spiral curls from the set. I'm currently on the clay step right now and its under a wig right now until I get back home. Thank you again for creating this regimen Big smile.

Thanks, Naturaltash!Big smile Great news about the curlformers. That's a good idea doing the clay step under a wig Thumbs Up. I definetly think you are retaining moisture. I also experimented with a set style some while ago, a bantu knot out. It was easily the best one i have ever done, and i didn't use a lot of product. Just a few drops of olive oil and one drop castor per section. My hair was very defined, and i was actually able to separate with very little frizz. I may try another in june, maybe a perm rod set or a twist out. I used to have to make such small section for my twist outs to get okay results. And even then, a lot of them still came out bad, because my scalp would show too much. And my bantu knot outs always failed. The best one i ever did, i used so much product(sheabutter) and it still frizzed out beyond repair when i tried to separate.

But with moisture retention the styles are easy to separate and you don't have to make super small sections or use heavy product. You're welcome! So many new ppl on the forum trying it, i'm very excited to share this with as many type 4 naturals as i can.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 5:42pm

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I hope everyone is doing well with the regimen.  I did my third session yesterday with the regimen and I am happy with the results.  This time around I used baking soda for the clarification step and went back to the bentonite clay.  For the d/c I mixed knot today with trader Joe's tea tree tingle and steamed...my hair was uber soft and curls popping.  I used the bentonite clay instead of the pre mixed rhassoul clay and I do like it better. 

Natural essence, i'm curious. What is the brand of the premixed clay. I'm asking so i an analyze some of the other ingredients
leatha2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote leatha2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 8:04pm
Hi Pinkecube, I am new to the forum. I wanted to let you know that I have been trying  out your MHM method. I have been doing it four days and i already see an improvement in my hair. I have low porosity hair and i have been having a hard time trying to get moisture into my hair. I was doing the cg method but my hair was always dry and have build up. Since I have doing your method my hair is changing for the best and I am so happy. I had a question about products. Is it okay to use the vo5 and suave conditioners since they are silicone free. I would like to buy products on the ground or at drugstores. If you know of any could you list them. I live in a very very small town and the products that you all have i do not have access to unless i drive 2 hours to another city or order them online. I do appreciate it very much and again thank you for your help.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by leatha2000 leatha2000 wrote:

Hi Pinkecube, I am new to the forum. I wanted to let you know that I have been trying  out your MHM method. I have been doing it four days and i already see an improvement in my hair. I have low porosity hair and i have been having a hard time trying to get moisture into my hair. I was doing the cg method but my hair was always dry and have build up. Since I have doing your method my hair is changing for the best and I am so happy. I had a question about products. Is it okay to use the vo5 and suave conditioners since they are silicone free. I would like to buy products on the ground or at drugstores. If you know of any could you list them. I live in a very very small town and the products that you all have i do not have access to unless i drive 2 hours to another city or order them online. I do appreciate it very much and again thank you for your help.

Hi Leatha! Smile Welcome to the forum and to your MHM journey! Congrats on your progress! So happy to see so many new people trying this!Clap

This regimen is going to be perfect for you. What's the name of the specific bottles? I tried to look up, but there are different results. I want to be able to see the ingredients. Since your hair is low porosity, You want to avoid anything with proteins( like keratin and hydrolyzed/peptides, or it will just say protein), you want to avoid glycerin/propelyne glycol, denatured alcohols and drying alcohols, silicones of all kinds, panthenol, sulfates, salts, polyquaterniums, Triethanolamines and any other ethanolamines, and mineral oil/waxes.

Are you in the U.S? Does your town have a Target, or beauty supply near by? They may have kinky curly products there, which i recommend. If there is a trader joes near by, that is where you will find the trader joe's tea tree tingle conditioner. If it's not near you i'd opt to buy online, or take the trip to the stores and stock up, so you don't have to go there often.

By the way, here is the cheat sheet for products.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page10.html

The ultimate flaw in the CG method is it just isn't ideal for kinkier hair textures. The method leads to a lot of build up and prevents us from reaching higher points hydration. Build up is a major problem. It is responsible for dry, brittle hair, hair that resists absorption of moisture, moisture overload, and protein overload. Our hair is the most prone to being hindered by build up, and on top of that many of us have low porosity hair. So build up on low porosity hair and it's kinky? It's no wonder so many type 4c's have convinced themselves they have no curl pattern and have given up on moisture.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 273>