Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 278>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iheartsmimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 10:34am
also i am still experiencing some crunch-not as much before but its still there. 
Sponsored Links

natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 10:56am
Hi iheartsmimi,

Which gel are you using?  I am using the kccc and what has helped me with the crunch is lightly watering down the gel (either I put some of the gel in another container and add water or just scoop up some gel and add water to your hands)...this has helped with the crunch factor.  I have also been scrunching in a light oil through my hair once it's dry...now that I am writing this I am wondering if I should scrunch the oil into the hair once it is damp but than that may cause frizz??

Hopefully I haven't confused you!
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 11:09am
Hi Ladies,

I also needed to ask whether it would be okay to use the aphogee 2 step protein treatment with this regimen? In the past whenever I took down a protective style (braids, weave, etc) I would follow up with the aphogee 2 step to strengthen my fine strands.  Am I still able to use this with the regimen and how would I include it?

Currently I am not experiencing any breakage and my shedding is very minimal but I do have the product and would like to use it up.

Thanks again!!
Christine UK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 11:53am
I am going to give the CL a try. I have bought some liquid aminos but the major health store in the UK does not have Coconut or soy aminos. Can you check if the following ingredients are okay to use as I want to get this done asap! L

Hydrolysed proteins, citric acid, preservatives (potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate), flavouring.

I remember there being a link on here somewhere of where I can oreder on line for the UK naturals; will track back and find it.
I also tend to use Appghee 2 Step religously, every 6 weeks. If the liquid aminos above is okay to use, would I need to stop using Apoghee?

Also, is it step 2 that you can leave in overnight?
Tried sending this message before but not sure if it got through. Using mobile:((
jdenni12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdenni12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 12:01pm
Currently gathering my ingredients to start the method tonight . My only question is, is it possible to do this method at night and then go to sleep, or will it frizz up?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by iheartsmimi iheartsmimi wrote:

@pinke i just love your coils! i am so happy more naturals are catching on to this. in a few months i guarantee i will see an article about this method on CN or BGLH. i would love to see more pictures of everyone's progress so we can negate the naysayers.

my experience so far has been great. it is all trial and error as i work with ratios on the watered down leave-in. i think i am going to water down my gel like naturalessence too.  i still haven't used the BS method yet so I will try that sometime this week. i did the modified CL treatment on sunday and my hair responded way better than the 1st one i did 2 weeks ago. however i am not sure what happened yesterday but my hair was a bit tangly at the roots before applying the leave in. last week i did the treatment 5 out of 7 days so i am not sure. i do find that i am not detangling as much so i am not sure if this is the reason why. i used to detangle 1x a week when i would prep my hair for braid outs/twist outs. with the wash n gos i find myself not doing it as much-this could be a big no no. what do you guys think?

hi, iheartsmimi. It's great to hear ur progress, and that you liked the CLC treatment. It is important that everytime you do your hair, your are getting out those shed hairs. Our hair sheds daily, and because we have curls, the shed hairs don't just slide out. So every wash i make sure to get those shed hairs out.

If it's tangly at the roots, those are shed hairs. So make sure to get shed hairs out. I do it every time i cowash, i detangle. It has been especially easy since i french roll and bun during my DC. My hair has been perpetually tangle free, nothing to unravel in the morning b/c i smushed my hair at night.

However being tangle free doesn't mean i don't have to slide out those shed hairs. Do i still have to smooth and rake and detangle every wash. Takes me 5-8 minutes out of my routine. If you don't get the shed hairs out manually, they try to slide out of the hair and tangle up in the other hairs during the process.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by jdenni12 jdenni12 wrote:

Currently gathering my ingredients to start the method tonight . My only question is, is it possible to do this method at night and then go to sleep, or will it frizz up?

i do this every night from monday-thursday and i don't experience any frizz when i wake up to refresh it. i twist my hair at night to stretch it. this is out of habit though because i have never slept with loose hair. i twist it very similar to pinke however i don't tuck my ends but i may just do that tonight. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 2:21pm
for some reason i know this but was neglecting to do that smh. i will make sure i detangle every time. 

thanks for the vid! her hair is gorgTongue

Edited by iheartsmimi - May 27 2014 at 2:30pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by natural essence natural essence wrote:

Hi iheartsmimi,

Which gel are you using?  I am using the kccc and what has helped me with the crunch is lightly watering down the gel (either I put some of the gel in another container and add water or just scoop up some gel and add water to your hands)...this has helped with the crunch factor.  I have also been scrunching in a light oil through my hair once it's dry...now that I am writing this I am wondering if I should scrunch the oil into the hair once it is damp but than that may cause frizz??

Hopefully I haven't confused you!

i use the kccc too but i have never thought to dilute it. i will try that tonight and see if that works and report back

i love using oil and i haven't used any while doing this since i wasn't sure on how to incorporate it. good ???
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

@pinkecube did you reach max hydration cuz your hair looks like its already hydrated? If so, how many months did it take you to reach max hydration?

Hi Naturaltash. Well i've been doing the method since march. I try to go by the number of times that i have repeated the regimen, since some times the frequency i do my hair differs. I think I've repeated the regimen roughly 21 times.

I believe it can take 25-60 regimen repetitions to reach total max hydration on every strand, also depending on your hair type. So if you have different curl patterns they may reach max hydration faster. I have strands on my hair that have had max hydration since april. Each clump gets there at a different pace.

That's why i encourage ppl to do it as often as they can because the more times u repeat the regimen, the more your hair improves. I will start counting from 21 so i can keep track.

I do not have max hydration yet, imo. To me i won't have max hydration until all my strands start curling from root to tip, no product.

Right now, most of my strands are doing so, but i still have stubborn ones that are not. I'd say i'm maybe 75% max hydrated.
Thanks for answering my question Smile. Btw your curls look amazing! I'm pretty sure it's going to take me a min of 6 months cuz I barely have hydrated curls! Lol! What I can say is I'm finally retaining moisture cuz I did a curlformer set so that I can trim my ends & my set actually came out great! Usually it swells once I take out the rollers, but not this time. It was even hot & humid yesterday but it only slightly frizzed but I had all my spiral curls from the set. I'm currently on the clay step right now and its under a wig right now until I get back home. Thank you again for creating this regimen Big smile.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 278>