Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 254>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 5:56pm
For any UK Girls who have problems finding Braggs Amina Acids - you can get it online from the Nutricentre £5.09 for 473 ml -  plus free P&P AND 10% off with all first orders with this discount code: FIRSTORDER

http://couponpaste.com/coupons/10-off-first-order-at-the-nutri-centre-coupon-code/

Edited by Loves2Laugh - May 27 2014 at 7:42am
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Loves2Laugh Loves2Laugh wrote:

@ Pinkecube thanks for posting this method – I’m eager to try this. I’ve already ordered the Braggs Amino Acids. However, I’ll probably be trying a modified version as I’m really protein sensitive but I have a few questions:

A) Can any of the steps be used with a heating cap?

B) Do I need to use a moisturiser with the method? I have issues finding hair care products w/o sulfates, silicons etc that don’t irritate my scalp. Right now I use the oils in the fourth question below, plus purified water and a leave in conditioner from the Naked range. The leave in doesn’t contain sulphates, cones etc, but I’m thinking of cutting it from my regimen anyway.

C) Will cones really be detrimental to the MHM? I love the HEHH shampoo and conditioner as they're cheap, don’t cause irritation and seem to help my hair but they contains sillicones

D) Are these oils all safe to use in each stage of the the MHM?:

- Castor oil

- Pimento oil with castor oil (I think it also contains Eucalyptus and Peppermint oil)

- Jojoba oil

- Argan oil

- Grape seed oil

- Sweet almond oil

E) I’m aware that the key to improving the condition of the hair is to be consistent, but has anyone successfully used the MHM doing steps 1-5 once a week?

A) a heating cap is like one of those thermal shower caps, right? Yes, you can do step 1 and step 2 with a heating cap.

B) Let me link you to this page of the thread:
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page10.html

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page26.html

C) Yes, cones will give you set backs with this method. You want to improve your 4c hair to a dramatic extent, you have to let go of these kinds of ingredients otherwise you'll be stagnant. Our hair hates these ingredients, they build up and block the hair cuticle. This method relies heavily on cuticle manipulation so you can control your moisture application. This would hinder your success, or make it much much slower. The products used in this method matter a lot. We can't just put any old ingredient on our type 4 heads, are hair will rebel against it the most by never reaching it's full potential.

D) Yes, those oils are fine. For when you use castor oil, try and layer it with an antihumectant oil like olive or sunflower seed, etc. For example it should be layered in this order: Sunflower oil, castor, sunflower oil.

E) The longest i have stretched so far was 5 days. If you are just beginning i wouldn't recommend it. You want to build up moisture retention in tha hair cortex. But if you are waiting a long time between washes, especially when ur just starting, you'll end up having more shed hair built up, tangles, and most importantly you will be loosing moisture faster than you are gaining it. It would be like you effort each time gets set back. To see improvement, we need to hit it hard and not strech longer than every 3 days. Of course, once max hydration is totally reached i believe you could stretch up to once a week.

Edited by pinkecube - May 26 2014 at 6:06pm
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 7:25pm
@pinkecube did you reach max hydration cuz your hair looks like its already hydrated? If so, how many months did it take you to reach max hydration?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

@pinkecube did you reach max hydration cuz your hair looks like its already hydrated? If so, how many months did it take you to reach max hydration?

Hi Naturaltash. Well i've been doing the method since march. I try to go by the number of times that i have repeated the regimen, since some times the frequency i do my hair differs. I think I've repeated the regimen roughly 21 times.

I believe it can take 25-60 regimen repetitions to reach total max hydration on every strand, also depending on your hair type. So if you have different curl patterns they may reach max hydration faster. I have strands on my hair that have had max hydration since april. Each clump gets there at a different pace.

That's why i encourage ppl to do it as often as they can because the more times u repeat the regimen, the more your hair improves. I will start counting from 21 so i can keep track.

I do not have max hydration yet, imo. To me i won't have max hydration until all my strands start curling from root to tip, no product.

Right now, most of my strands are doing so, but i still have stubborn ones that are not. I'd say i'm maybe 75% max hydrated.

Edited by pinkecube - May 26 2014 at 7:55pm
bohomojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bohomojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 9:52pm
I received my ingredients from amazon yesterday. I opened the honey, acv, and molasses.... They all smell a bit rancid. Does anyone else have "tough" smelling products? If so, does the smell absorb into the hair? If so, how do you mask it.
As for the amines, I will definitely not be putting it in my leave in conditioner as I don't want to smell like chicken lo-mein all day.
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 7:40am

@ Pinkecube – thanks for your reply and also for the links. I’m currently looking into the products you suggested.

Re the heating cap, it’s an electric one – the Mastex Thermal Heating Cap – the highest heat setting gets v hot so I only ever use it on medium now. Is this OK?

Also, I’m currently keep my hair in plaits underneath a wig and was planning to do so until the end of the year. Do you think there could be any problems with MHM if you’re a wig wearer?

BTW, it was late last night when I wrote this so I forgot to say the pics of your progress and the ones showing the results of MHM on your friends' hair are amazing and so inspirational. Thanks for sharing Thumbs Up

Edited by Loves2Laugh - May 27 2014 at 7:42am
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 9:10am
Originally posted by bohomojo bohomojo wrote:

I received my ingredients from amazon yesterday. I opened the honey, acv, and molasses.... They all smell a bit rancid. Does anyone else have "tough" smelling products? If so, does the smell absorb into the hair? If so, how do you mask it.
As for the amines, I will definitely not be putting it in my leave in conditioner as I don't want to smell like chicken lo-mein all day.

Hmm. Even the honey? Maybe next time buy from a different seller. Those can't really go bad though. I don't notice a lingering smell in my hair other than my kccc gel. For the cherry lola i didn't smell anything once it was all rinsed out. LOL
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Loves2Laugh Loves2Laugh wrote:

@ Pinkecube – thanks for your reply and also for the links. I’m currently looking into the products you suggested.

Re the heating cap, it’s an electric one – the Mastex Thermal Heating Cap – the highest heat setting gets v hot so I only ever use it on medium now. Is this OK?

Also, I’m currently keep my hair in plaits underneath a wig and was planning to do so until the end of the year. Do you think there could be any problems with MHM if you’re a wig wearer?

BTW, it was late last night when I wrote this so I forgot to say the pics of your progress and the ones showing the results of MHM on your friends' hair are amazing and so inspirational. Thanks for sharing Thumbs Up

No problem. I recommend the most kccc, or Green tea curl glaze.

Yes the thermal heating cap is absolutely fine to use. Anything you can deep condition with is good. A regular shower cap and scarf overnight, a steamer, a hooded dryer, etc.

No issues doing the regimen with a wig. All that matters is that your hair is loose so you can do all the steps. After the gel step, just re-plait and wear your wig.

On days where you don't have time to do all the steps, just make sure to have done step 1, and then step 2. Then just leave on the shower cap and wear a wig cap, scarf, or beanie over it during the day. This will prevent you from having set backs. Just make sure every 3-4 days to do step 1 again. Then you can pick up wear you left off continue with the rest of the steps.

Thank you Loves2Laugh! Welcome to the MHM journey, btw.Big smileSmile

did you watch my newest video tutorial?
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page61.html
iheartsmimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 10:18am
@pinke i just love your coils! i am so happy more naturals are catching on to this. in a few months i guarantee i will see an article about this method on CN or BGLH. i would love to see more pictures of everyone's progress so we can negate the naysayers.

my experience so far has been great. it is all trial and error as i work with ratios on the watered down leave-in. i think i am going to water down my gel like naturalessence too.  i still haven't used the BS method yet so I will try that sometime this week. i did the modified CL treatment on sunday and my hair responded way better than the 1st one i did 2 weeks ago. however i am not sure what happened yesterday but my hair was a bit tangly at the roots before applying the leave in. last week i did the treatment 5 out of 7 days so i am not sure. i do find that i am not detangling as much so i am not sure if this is the reason why. i used to detangle 1x a week when i would prep my hair for braid outs/twist outs. with the wash n gos i find myself not doing it as much-this could be a big no no. what do you guys think?

Edited by iheartsmimi - May 27 2014 at 10:25am
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 10:34am
Hi Ladies,

I hope all is well and your all well on your way to reaching your mhm goal.
I wanted to piggyback on this comment regarding oils as I would like to know where in the regime I can utilize my oils as I miss them!!  Would it be safe to add the oils into either the deep conditioning and/or leave in conditioning step?  I sked this question a few pages back re: utilizing the kimmaytube for leave in?

On another note, as this method fcues on the clarifying of the hair to be beneficial is there any chance of our hair becoming too clarified along the way?

Thanks!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 254>