Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 246>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2014 at 4:29pm
My Green Tea Curl Glaze came today so ill put it on one side of my hair and put KCCC on the other half and compare the results
Sponsored Links

aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2014 at 9:20pm
Ok first impressions of Green tea curl glaze

Pros:
- Seems to have more hold than KCCC
- better curl definition

Cons:
- Crunchy 1st day hair
- Smell isnt great if you actually smell the product out of the jar ( I don't smell anything on my hair though)
- Kind of gummy/slimy like KCCC. Gotta be careful when applying
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2014 at 9:50pm
How i've been keeping my hair perpetually detangled during MHM.

Since i do the overnight DC step, my hair tends to smush or tangle during the night if i leave my hair loose. This hasn't been hard to detangle, but i wanted to speed up my detangling process by avoiding unnecessary matting.

how i do Step 2. This method has kept my hair perpetually detanlged:
Apply conditioner
Section hair into about 5-6 sections
French roll
Secure into bun with hairtie/headband
Wear shower cap overnight.

It doesn't disturb me when i sleep and the hair doesn't mat because of the french rolling to position it at the perimeter of my head.

I also do the same with the bakingsoda step, but with shower clips.

French rolling or twisting

Secure into a bun

Shower cap to sleep, in the morning wake up with tangle free hair that is soft and moisturized from the DC step. Detanging takes no time, all that needs to be done is sliding out any shed hairs. Perpetually detangled hair.

I think this could be done on short hair but with smaller sections, and tighter french rolls. This is pretty much the same thing i do to stretch my hair, only i use bobby pins instead of bands, and i do a few more sections.
Afro Angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Afro Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2014 at 2:43pm
This was exactly how I sectioned my hairs yesterday during gel application. but in my case into 6 sections because I have short hairs.

Edited by Afro Angel - May 25 2014 at 2:44pm
Christine UK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 12:57pm
I am going to try the maximum hydration therapy, however, I do like to co-wash, but I still like to use shampoo at least once a week, so I have a few questions: 

(1) Can I achieve maximum hydration levels and not fully follow the curly girl method?  I like to use sulphate-free and silicone -free shampoo.  In fact, I make my own using gentle surfactants. Is that okay or will it affect my results?  

(2) My hair is not of low porosity, so do I still need to do the cherry lola etc, or can skip this step and proceed to the ACV clarification steps onwards?

(3) How much vinegar should I be adding to the bentonite clay wash? 

Love what you are doing here.  I think it is going to blow up big time.  I am hoping to get good results before I start shouting from the roof tops.  Cannot wait to get started.  Keep up the good work.

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Christine UK Christine UK wrote:

I am going to try the maximum hydration therapy, however, I do like to co-wash, but I still like to use shampoo at least once a week, so I have a few questions: 

(1) Can I achieve maximum hydration levels and not fully follow the curly girl method?  I like to use sulphate-free and silicone -free shampoo.  In fact, I make my own using gentle surfactants. Is that okay or will it affect my results?  

(2) My hair is not of low porosity, so do I still need to do the cherry lola etc, or can skip this step and proceed to the ACV clarification steps onwards?

(3) How much vinegar should I be adding to the bentonite clay wash? 

Love what you are doing here.  I think it is going to blow up big time.  I am hoping to get good results before I start shouting from the roof tops.  Cannot wait to get started.  Keep up the good work.

1. Hi, Christine Welcome to the MHM journey.Star With this method you will not need to use shampoo. This method steps away from the curly girl method as the clarifcation steps are mandatory. Curly girl method is all about cowashing, which i believe causes build up for type 4 hair and makes it impossible for us to reach max curl hydration. So i am no longer refering this as the curly girl method, this is focused on getting the highest potential for kinky hair, especially type 4 and 4c hair. That's why this is being called the Max Hydration Method.

The clarification steps are very effective in lifting off and dissolving build up and product residue from the hair, and they are multifunctional. You will find you wont need shampoo at all, your hair and scalp is going to be very clean. It's one of the main importance in this regimen, getting off build up. So it's covered, no need to worry about ur hair not being clean enough.

The bakingsoda and acv step helps to remove build up from the hair, are antifungal, antibacterial, and conditioning. The bakingsoda step lifts the cuticle in preparation for deep conditioning. This is advantageous for low porosity types, but is also effective for high porous types as well. You may find that you like alternating between both rinses, so don't think of  the BS rinse as being off limits b/c ur high porosity. At the end of the routine your cuticle would have been properly closed either way.

The second clarification step is actually the bentonite clay step. It is a mask that pulls toxins and left over product residue from the first step, out of the hair. It further clarifies the hair of what step 1 may have missed, and it lifts the cuticle in preparation for the leave in conditioner step. It also enhances curl definition and is conditioning and strengthening to the hair.

2. The cherry lola caramel treatment is beneficial for high porosity hair as well. I emphasize it for low porosity as being important, but high porous and normal porsous hair can benefit from it as well. I say experiment with it once and see if you like it, there's no risk or downside.

3. For the bentonite clay wash add a tablespoon or 2 of acv.

Thank you very much for your support, i hope this spreads too. Welcome to Team Max Hydration!Big smile

Edited by pinkecube - May 26 2014 at 1:55pm
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Pros:
- better curl definition

Cons:
- Crunchy 1st day hair
- Smell isnt great if you actually smell the product out of the jar ( I don't smell anything on my hair though)
@aharri23 I agree with your pros & cons. My hair is super crunchy with the green tea glaze but I get better definition with it too. The kinky curly custard does leave my hair softer tho. I do agree with pinkecube that these two products are comparable. I'm not sure if I will repurchase the green tea glaze tho.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Pros:
- better curl definition

Cons:
- Crunchy 1st day hair
@aharri23 I agree with your pros & cons. My hair is super crunchy with the green tea glaze but I get better definition with it too. The kinky curly custard does leave my hair softer tho. I do agree with pinkecube that these two products are comparable. I'm not sure if I will repurchase the green tea glaze tho.

Hmm, i think I will eventually try the GTCG and after i see how my hair responds to it, either adjust the way i water down my conditioner for it, or mix some together with kccc.

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 4:18pm
Another video. mobile device compatible, and shorter length. Focus on technique shown more specific and in detail.

Edited by pinkecube - May 26 2014 at 4:32pm
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 5:45pm

@ Pinkecube thanks for posting this method – I’m eager to try this. I’ve already ordered the Braggs Amino Acids. However, I’ll probably be trying a modified version as I’m really protein sensitive but I have a few questions:

A) Can any of the steps be used with a heating cap?

B) Do I need to use a moisturiser with the method? I have issues finding hair care products w/o sulfates, silicons etc that don’t irritate my scalp. Right now I use the oils in the fourth question below, plus purified water and a leave in conditioner from the Naked range. The leave in doesn’t contain sulphates, cones etc, but I’m thinking of cutting it from my regimen anyway.

C) Will cones really be detrimental to the MHM? I love the HEHH shampoo and conditioner as they're cheap, don’t cause irritation and seem to help my hair but they contains sillicones

D) Are these oils all safe to use in each stage of the the MHM?:

- Castor oil

- Pimento oil with castor oil (I think it also contains Eucalyptus and Peppermint oil)

- Jojoba oil

- Argan oil

- Grape seed oil

- Sweet almond oil

E) I’m aware that the key to improving the condition of the hair is to be consistent, but has anyone successfully used the MHM doing steps 1-5 once a week?

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 246>