Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 243>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2014 at 9:19am
Hi Ladies,

I am tardy for the party but I totally agree with everything that has already been mentioned.  I must say that I also gave this the side eye when I first read the mhm but something about the regime tweaked my interest hence, I kept reading and reading and finally took the plunge... I am soo happy that I did.  So far I am happy with my results and I can honestly say that it is a regimen that I am going to definitely give it a chance to work.  I have been natural for over 10 years so I have jumped on and off many band wagons with minimal success.  I have been stuck at collar bone length for quite awhile and I am eager to see how much length I will be able to retain following this method over the next 6 months.  Of course there will be some trial and error and bumps along the way until I truly figure out what my hair likes/does not like but the main elements to the regimen I am going to follow.

I hope that I will get around to posting some pics over the weekend

Happy Growing Ladies.
Sponsored Links

Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2014 at 9:37am
@pinkecube Can you tell me if this gel is okay to use on this reggie? Thx
Smooth Naturals Hair Perfection:
Ingredients:  Aloe Vera Juice ,Water Infused with Horsetail, Nettle and Marshmallow Root, Olive Oil, Castor, Oil, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E, Agave Nectar, Xanthan Gum, Honey Quat, Optiphen(preservative), ProVitamin B5, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid and Fragrance
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2014 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

@pinkecube Can you tell me if this gel is okay to use on this reggie? Thx
Smooth Naturals Hair Perfection:
Ingredients:  Aloe Vera Juice ,Water Infused with Horsetail, Nettle and Marshmallow Root, Olive Oil, Castor, Oil, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E, Agave Nectar, Xanthan Gum, Honey Quat, Optiphen(preservative), ProVitamin B5, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid and Fragrance

The only issue is the panthenol, but it seems to be the 4th last ingredient. If it was in the top 5 i'd say no. Pathenol is very prone to building up so this isn't something i would use everytime, especially for type 4 hair. That ingredient honeyquat seems okay. from what i've read it doesnt behave like glycerin in the sense it binds moisture to itself, so it doesn't pull moisture out of the hair like some other humectants do when the air is dry. So if you use this product, try to space it out so it doesn't get the chance to build up as much.

Edited by pinkecube - May 23 2014 at 10:09am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2014 at 10:24am
Thx pinkecube for the quick response Smile. I was only thinking about purchasing it, but I think I will pass on it cuz I don't think  my hair likes panthenol.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2014 at 2:48pm
Hi ladies

I have a question regarding coloring of hair with this method.
I am in need for some grey coverage ans in the past have used the beautiful browns semi permanent. Are there any steps
I would need to omit or where in the method would I do the colour?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2014 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by natural essence natural essence wrote:

Hi ladies

I am in need for some grey coverage ans in the past have used the beautiful browns semi permanent. Are there any steps

Hi natural essence.
Seems like a good idea to do it directly after the bentonite clay step, and then after following the package directions for application and how long to let it sit in ur hair, continue with the leave in and gel step.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2014 at 8:29pm
Thanks Pinkecube,

That's exactly where I was thinking of doing the coloring but wanted to make sure that the clay wouldn't disturb the color from penetrating. As I am cleansing my hair more frequently I am not sure how long the color will last but it is worth giving it a try.

Have a nice weekend ladies
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2014 at 8:36pm

Thanks Pinkecube,

That's exactly where I was thinking of doing the coloring but wanted to make sure that the clay wouldn't disturb the color from penetrating. As I am cleansing my hair more frequently I am not sure how long the color will last but it is worth giving it a try.

Have a nice weekend ladies

ur welcome, natural essence

nope, the clay may actually help the color penetrate since the clay will lift the cuticle. I know danabnatural has colored her hair, and she even does more stripping bakingsoda options. So it wouldn't make the color fade any faster than a white person who probably shampoos daily with sulfates and dyes their hair all the time with out issue. It would probably last longer in comparision since these clarification methods do not strip.

Have a good weekend

Edited by pinkecube - May 23 2014 at 8:37pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2014 at 12:03am
I did my 2nd modified cherry lola carmel treatment. This time my hair felt amaze-balls this time around. It was super soft and my curls were popping after I rinsed it out. I'm now going to do an overnight dc & then finish the rest tomorrow. 
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2014 at 9:34am

Hi ladies

@natural essence when doing research for the cherry lola carmel treatment I found some information in regards to Blackstrap Molasses as a natural remedy for reversing grays. It said that because graying of the hair is due to the decrease in melanin, taking molasses as a supplement helps reverse the graying process due to the copper content. Copper deficiency is known to cause graying of the hair. It says to take 1 tablespoon of molasses daily first thing when you wake up and you will start to seeing the results in 3 to 6 months. Doing this has other benefits as well not only for the hair but for overall health. 

BitterSweet85 says she also takes it as a supplement because of it's Significant source of calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium and selenium. 

I think this could be something worth looking into as part of the solution if you have a bottle of blackstrap molasses from the cherry lola caramel treatment
You can read about it below:
http://globalhealthsupplies.net/the-hair-benefits-of-blackstrap-molasses-•-improved-growth-and-color/
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 243>