Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5657585960 244>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 2:21pm
Also I don't water down my conditioner for the baking soda and DC step ( I use it straight out the bottle ) . I use the watered down version for the leave in step.

Edited by aharri23 - May 21 2014 at 2:23pm
Sponsored Links

bohomojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bohomojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 2:41pm
So basically I can take a conditioner and water it down to use as a leave in conditioner?

Can I do that and keep using it or do I have to use a freshly watered down conditioner?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by bohomojo bohomojo wrote:

So basically I can take a conditioner and water it down to use as a leave in conditioner?

Can I do that and keep using it or do I have to use a freshly watered down conditioner?

Yes, you can water it down, and no you do not need to make it fresh everytime. Unless you are talking about wanting to water down the whole bottle at once, which i wouldn't recommend doing, just because if you make a mistake you've wasted the whole bottle.

I actually water down my conditioner for all the steps. Although for the Deep condition and bakingsoda step, i do make less watery so it will foam a lot on my hair, since i'm not concerned about the gel part. I just water it down because kinky curly knot today and traderjoes tea tree tingle are thick, and this makes it easier to spread product so i don't end up using more that i need and running out quickly.
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 9:35am
Hi Ladies and Gents,

I hope everyone is doing well with the regimen.  I did my third session yesterday with the regimen and I am happy with the results.  This time around I used baking soda for the clarification step and went back to the bentonite clay.  For the d/c I mixed knot today with trader Joe's tea tree tingle and steamed...my hair was uber soft and curls popping.  I used the bentonite clay instead of the pre mixed rhassoul clay and I do like it better. 

For the styling steps I chamged things up a bit...I used undiluted knot today but I diluted my kccc with a tad bit of water and I must say I love the results much better than using the kccc in it's regular state...I don't  have that crunchy shiny jherri curl look that I was acheiving before. 

I also chose to rock it as a wash and go instead of a twist out and I must say that I am starting to embrace my curls and the shrinkage....possibly because I have been hiding behind braids and weaves for so long it felt odd to actually reval my hair to the world but I have been getting alot of compliments so that is a great boost in confidence!!

msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 11:21am
Originally posted by natural essence natural essence wrote:

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I hope everyone is doing well with the regimen.  I did my third session yesterday with the regimen and I am happy with the results.  This time around I used baking soda for the clarification step and went back to the bentonite clay.  For the d/c I mixed knot today with trader Joe's tea tree tingle and steamed...my hair was uber soft and curls popping.  I used the bentonite clay instead of the pre mixed rhassoul clay and I do like it better. 

For the styling steps I chamged things up a bit...I used undiluted knot today but I diluted my kccc with a tad bit of water and I must say I love the results much better than using the kccc in it's regular state...I don't  have that crunchy shiny jherri curl look that I was acheiving before. 

I also chose to rock it as a wash and go instead of a twist out and I must say that I am starting to embrace my curls and the shrinkage....possibly because I have been hiding behind braids and weaves for so long it felt odd to actually reval my hair to the world but I have been getting alot of compliments so that is a great boost in confidence!!

That is wonderful @naturalessence Clap happy to hear that things are working great in only three days and you have been getting lots of compliments Big smile Definitely gives you a boost of confidence, doesnt it? Thanks for also sharing what has been working for you :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 12:34pm
Thanks Ms Deekay!!

It surely does give you a boost of confidence especially since I have always felt unsure about rocking wash and go's as my hair is so fine and I could not stand the shrinkage.  I am going to try and steer away from the braids (can't say the same about the wigs!!)  for a little while and learn to work with what I have.

I always felt limited with what I could do with the strands grwoing out of my head but now I am going to implement this method and incorporate it with protective styling as well (buns, wigs).  I hope that my hair continues to flourish and that I will gain some length by utilizing this method.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 12:38pm

Does anyone have experience with jessicurl products?  A colleague of mine is using the confident coils and likes it however, teh ingredients contain magnesium sulphate... isn't that a no no?

Jessicurl Confident Coils
Ingredients: 

Water (Aqua), VP/VA Copolymer, Polyimide-1, C 12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Polysorbate 60; Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice Powder, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Magnesium Sulfate (Epsom Salt), Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 1:06pm

Hi Ladies and Gents,

Yay!Big smile that's great to hear natural essence! I'm glad to hear ur embracing those curls! if watering down the kccc helps, go for it! It helps to save product anyhow. I've actually been thinking about experimenting mixing flaxseed gel into my kccc to see if it will spread better. I'll let u guys know how that goes, but that's interesting watering down the kccc too, i never thought of doing that
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 1:08pm

Thanks Ms Deekay!!

It surely does give you a boost of confidence especially since I have always felt unsure about rocking wash and go's as my hair is so fine and I could not stand the shrinkage.  I am going to try and steer away from the braids (can't say the same about the wigs!!)  for a little while and learn to work with what I have.

I always felt limited with what I could do with the strands grwoing out of my head but now I am going to implement this method and incorporate it with protective styling as well (buns, wigs).  I hope that my hair continues to flourish and that I will gain some length by utilizing this method.

yeah even when u aren't doing wash and goes, it's a great idea to implement the method. Even when u do wigs, you can do all the steps, braid your hair underneath the wig, or what i do when i don't have product is i do step 1 and 2 and keep deep conditioning every 3 days until i can do the rest of the steps.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 1:16pm

Does anyone have experience with jessicurl products?  A colleague of mine is using the confident coils and likes it however, teh ingredients contain magnesium sulphate... isn't that a no no?

Jessicurl Confident Coils
Ingredients: 

Water (Aqua), VP/VA Copolymer, Polyimide-1, C 12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Polysorbate 60; Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice Powder, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Magnesium Sulfate (Epsom Salt), Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Yeah, it's a no no. i was actually going to recomend that product on my list until i saw the magnesium sulfate. Salt will define the curls, but it's still salt, and leeches moisture from the hair.

If you were to use it, you might feel like you'd need to do your hair more often, since your hair would feel dry more quickly. Kind of like the effect glycerin has on the hair in the winter, only the effect of this would surely be all year round.

It wouldn't be too bad an ingredient in something i strictly rinse out of the hair. But for this method it is important to avoid leaving astringents in your hair or using them as stylers.

Edited by pinkecube - May 22 2014 at 1:17pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style