Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 276>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by natural essence natural essence wrote:

Thanks Pinkecube for the thorough explanation.  I have been doing the routine in the correct order but I was just curious and now I know why they say curiousity killed the cat!

I did the method again yesterday but used different products.  I used rhassoul clay instead of bentonite clay, watered down the knot today and I used flax seed gel instead of kccc.  My results were okay but I found that my hair felt more clarified after using the rhassoul clay in comparison to the bentonite...so bentonite it is for me. 

I also think that I watered down my knot today too much as I did not find I had that much slip on my hair...I will add a few more squirts of the knot today to the watered down and see how that goes.  In terms of the flax seed gel..I do like it however, oddly enough this time around using it I found that it leaves flakes in the hair.

This is all about trial and error...back to the water bowl I go tonight!!

I will used the watered down knottoday along with the kccc and try not to be too heavy handed with the kccc so that I don't get that jherri curl look again!!

Your welcome, naturalessence. If the rhassoul feels too dry just add a bit more honey or oil to compensate. Not too much though, otherwise the clay may lose effectiveness.

Yeah, you can test in it your hand, just squirt it in your hand to feel for slip, and then add more if you feel it isn't slippery enough. Keep doing trials, once you get the hang of it early on it is really easy you don't really have to think about it. the flakes could be an effect of there not being enough conditioner in your mix. For kccc, just remember to apply it from root to tip, and that you are feeling slip along the shaft. You don't need to be heavy handed, just focus on even and smooth distribution.
Sponsored Links

Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 10:04pm
pinkecube my hair came out so much better today. I diluted the knot today per your instructions & I immediately saw a difference! My hair has a little bit more definition today. I'm so glad you did the tutorial! Thx so much!
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by iheartsmimi iheartsmimi wrote:

i was not watering down the conditioner at all for the first 7 days of doing this. i just watered it down as per your measurements last night and i can immediately see and feel the difference in my hair this morning. it is not crunchy and my roots are flatter. thank God you showed us a demo pinke. i was going through the leave-in within a few days because i have alot of hair and i wanted enough slip to coat my strands. 

Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

I agree with iheartsmimi cuz I was also not diluting my conditioner enough either. I'm hoping for better results today. Thx again pinkecube for the video.

No problem guys Smile I'm glad the results were better, and saving product without using it unnecessarily is helpful too. I find that watering down is helpful because 1. kckt is verryy thick, and so is trader joes tea tree tingle. 2. It means you are using as much as you really need to(leave in conditioners are watered down as well) 3. You are able to spread the product more easily while using less, meaning your results are more under your control once you get the measurements right. 4. Save product, and it is still just as effective. So i water down kckt for all my steps that involve deepconditioner, although i make it a little more thick for the bakingsoda and DC steps.

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

pinkecube my hair came out so much better today. I diluted the knot today per your instructions & I immediately saw a difference! My hair has a little bit more definition today. I'm so glad you did the tutorial! Thx so much!
Your welcome, naturaltash! I'm very happy i was able to clear so much up with the tutorial. Some things are just easier to express by showing them visually, since it can be difficult to explain by just typing. I'm glad your results turned out well, and to give you a bit more sense of control in your results while you wait for max hydration.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Slightly off topic, but pinke do you think when doing this method we need to trim our ends regularly? I never trimmed my hair in 3 years and my hair grew like 12 inches so I was just wondering if it was really necessary or just a myth

Triming is actually a good thing, but it is on a need to do basis. There is no need to trim your hair if you don't actually have knots, or aren't trying to even out your hair shape or something. If you have just began this method and had knots before starting, I would recommend trimming regularly to try and grow out those knots. I myself have been doing that because of all the knots i got from doing small twists. Majority of those knots have been trimmed though, and i haven't been getting any more of them. Once i trim them all out, the focus would be on doing the regimen and preventing knots, which the regimen already does.

Knots do cause issues in definition, and also can make your hair difficult to detangle, and make your hair prone to tangling. Split ends tend to become worse. But if you don't have any knots or split ends, you don't need to just trim, because it isn't causing any problems.

I think that with this method, especially since you have recently cut your hair, you wont need to trim. This method will practically leave your hair in a perpetually detangled state, especially since you don't sleep with loose hair-- you do everything all at once in the morning, so when you sleep your curls are kept in place by the gel, so they can't form knots, and shed hairs are being removed regularly so there is nothing to form knots in your particular option.

In fact i wanted to share that recently i have been doing this stretching method of my hair in the bakingsoda step and the DC step. It was so effective, that i literally had no tangles in the morning as i was rinsing out the conditioner, where as usually my hair was smushed and matted(though soft and easy to detangle, it still takes time) It was quick, easy and i believe if i do it everytime i do my hair, my morning routine will be that much faster and easier because detangling will just be me smoothing out shed hairs not worrying about any actual tangles.

It took me 5 minutes to detangle, in comparison to 15 minutes. I will post pictures tomorrow. But basically for step 1 i now do the clipping where i roll and clip the section with a shower clip, and put the shower cap on it for the hour. Then after i rinse out the B.s. and do the Deep conditioning, i roll it the same and then secure the ends into a bun with a hair tie. The effect is like 5-6 giant flat twist, only instead of twists, it is a french roll with bunned ends. I also did this on my second day hair for a stretch. It didn't crimp my hair the way twisting does.

I find this works better than twisting b/c twisting tends to unravel if they are too big, doing them too small takes time and actually seems to cause tangles if i'm doing longterm DC for some reason. I like it better than pineappling, pinappling never worked for me. My hair would be almost straight and then the ends would be flat and matted.

Edited by pinkecube - May 20 2014 at 10:37pm
nicoleLP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nicoleLP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 11:25pm
Thank you pinkecube for your quick response and your help with my inquiries. I think since im already using coconut I just need to follow the MHM recipes and recommendations as you listed them

I have just one comment/suggestion, and a question.
In order to stay within the rules of my current coconut oil challenge, I can drop down to the basic level and all i have to do is 

• Apply Coconut oil to your hair and scalp, prior to washing, for 20mins – 1 hour or overnight. Massage it in focusing on damaged areas. Proceed with regular washday routine. Do this 1x/week.
Im thinking if i just do this once a week before doing steps 1-5 in the MHM I can keep with the hair challenge and still have a substantial amount of time doing the MHM.

Week 1
day 1 cherry lola and steps 2-5
day 2-6 steps 1-5
day 7 do coconut prepoo (to comply with the hair challenge) and steps 1-6

the following weeks i can do the MHM 3 - 4 days a week correctly and incorporate a prepoo on either the 3rd or the 4th wash day to stay with the rules of the hair challenge.

will that work out better?

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 9:28am
Originally posted by nicoleLP nicoleLP wrote:

Thank you pinkecube for your quick response and your help with my inquiries. I think since im already using coconut I just need to follow the MHM recipes and recommendations as you listed them

I have just one comment/suggestion, and a question.
In order to stay within the rules of my current coconut oil challenge, I can drop down to the basic level and all i have to do is 

• Apply Coconut oil to your hair and scalp, prior to washing, for 20mins – 1 hour or overnight. Massage it in focusing on damaged areas. Proceed with regular washday routine. Do this 1x/week.
Im thinking if i just do this once a week before doing steps 1-5 in the MHM I can keep with the hair challenge and still have a substantial amount of time doing the MHM.

Week 1
day 1 cherry lola and steps 2-5
day 2-6 steps 1-5
day 7 do coconut prepoo (to comply with the hair challenge) and steps 1-6

the following weeks i can do the MHM 3 - 4 days a week correctly and incorporate a prepoo on either the 3rd or the 4th wash day to stay with the rules of the hair challenge.

will that work out better?

Your welcome nicoleLP . That seems like it would work out much better, yes.
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 10:09am
Its been two weeks since I've done the cherry lola so I wanted to re-do the treatment, but it seems the avocados have turned brown. Is it still ok to use pinke? LOL
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 10:40am
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Its been two weeks since I've done the cherry lola so I wanted to re-do the treatment, but it seems the avocados have turned brown. Is it still ok to use pinke? LOL

yes, it is good actually. them being over ripe is good, along with the banana. I actually wait for them to get to that point on purpose.
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 10:52am
Cool!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style