Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 287>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iheartsmimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 8:30am
i was not watering down the conditioner at all for the first 7 days of doing this. i just watered it down as per your measurements last night and i can immediately see and feel the difference in my hair this morning. it is not crunchy and my roots are flatter. thank God you showed us a demo pinke. i was going through the leave-in within a few days because i have alot of hair and i wanted enough slip to coat my strands. 

Edited by iheartsmimi - May 20 2014 at 8:30am
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 8:34am
Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by iheartsmimi iheartsmimi wrote:

has anyone tried the GTCG with the KCKT yet?
I think naturaltash tried it. She said the definition was a little better than kccc.

Can't wait to try it! It will probably take me 3-4 months though to use up my 16 oz jar of KCCC Confused

Edit: Ahh I'm just gonna buy it. My curiosity got the best of me
Yea I did try the GTCG with the knot today. I did have better definition but please keep n mind that I'm still struggling with steps 4 & 5. My hair does air dry crunchy with the glaze but once you scrunch out the crunch then it fine. I still like the KCCC too so either one will work with the knot today. The glaze isn't as slimmy as the kinky curly which I like.

this is good to know! thanks naturaltash

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 8:37am
aharri i will gladly take some off your hands if you need help finishing it fasterBig smile

tell me why i searched for the KCCC in 3 target stores last night and none of them had it in stock . i was going to go apesh*t if i couldn't find it. luckily i did at wholefoods but stillAngry 

i am going to buy the curly tea gel this week and make my comparisons when i receive it

Edited by iheartsmimi - May 20 2014 at 8:38am
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 8:38am

Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

has anyone tried the GTCG with the KCKT yet?
I think naturaltash tried it. She said the definition was a little better than kccc.

Can't wait to try it! It will probably take me 3-4 months though to use up my 16 oz jar of KCCC Confused

Edit: Ahh I'm just gonna buy it. My curiosity got the best of me
Yea I did try the GTCG with the knot today. I did have better definition but please keep n mind that I'm still struggling with steps 4 & 5. My hair does air dry crunchy with the glaze but once you scrunch out the crunch then it fine. I still like the KCCC too so either one will work with the knot today. The glaze isn't as slimmy as the kinky curly which I like.

this is good to know! thanks naturaltash
Your welcome Wink
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 8:44am

i was not watering down the conditioner at all for the first 7 days of doing this. i just watered it down as per your measurements last night and i can immediately see and feel the difference in my hair this morning. it is not crunchy and my roots are flatter. thank God you showed us a demo pinke. i was going through the leave-in within a few days because i have alot of hair and i wanted enough slip to coat my strands. 
I agree with iheartsmimi cuz I was also not diluting my conditioner enough either. I'm hoping for better results today. Thx again pinkecube for the video.
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 10:02am
Thanks Pinkecube for the thorough explanation.  I have been doing the routine in the correct order but I was just curious and now I know why they say curiousity killed the cat!

I did the method again yesterday but used different products.  I used rhassoul clay instead of bentonite clay, watered down the knot today and I used flax seed gel instead of kccc.  My results were okay but I found that my hair felt more clarified after using the rhassoul clay in comparison to the bentonite...so bentonite it is for me. 

I also think that I watered down my knot today too much as I did not find I had that much slip on my hair...I will add a few more squirts of the knot today to the watered down and see how that goes.  In terms of the flax seed gel..I do like it however, oddly enough this time around using it I found that it leaves flakes in the hair.

This is all about trial and error...back to the water bowl I go tonight!!

I will used the watered down knottoday along with the kccc and try not to be too heavy handed with the kccc so that I don't get that jherri curl look again!!
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 10:39am

aharri i will gladly take some off your hands if you need help finishing it fasterBig smile

tell me why i searched for the KCCC in 3 target stores last night and none of them had it in stock . i was going to go apesh*t if i couldn't find it. luckily i did at wholefoods but stillAngry 

i am going to buy the curly tea gel this week and make my comparisons when i receive it

I bought the green tea curl glaze yesterday. I'll let you guys know what I think once I get it
nicoleLP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nicoleLP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 4:30pm
pinkecube,

I am currently signed up to participate in a hair challenge using coconut oil.  But I really would like to start the MHM right away.  I was wondering if the method would still work and be effective if:

1. Did a prepoo with coconut oil before the clarifying step (doing a prepoo portion only 2x week)

2. Mix coconut oil in my DC (only adding coconut oil 2x week)

Also for the clarifying step could I use the Kinky Curling Come Clean Moisturizing Shampoo?
Instead of  Olive Oil could i use grapeseed oil when mixing my clay mix?

I just want to use up product that i have so nothing goes to waste.

Thank you

Edited by nicoleLP - May 20 2014 at 4:35pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by bohomojo bohomojo wrote:

So all together the products cost me about $60 for a year (or more) supply. Is that good?
Also, for straightening & stretching.... how would I go about this?
For the ghe overnight, wouldn't the hair get "moldy" from being damp? My hair does not dry overnight well with a cap on, but taking the cap off would defeat the purpose right?
Since I am transitioning, I need the hair to dry so that the curls on the relaxed ends can curl.

hair will never get moldy from GHE/DC, especially in this method. I have done just ghe for 3 months straight, without doing anything else. not only did i not get moldy hair, my bald spot that had been there for a year grew in 1.5 inches and it grew out of my scalp with maximum hydration. By that i mean perfect little coils from root to tip, zero product. think ppl confuse build up and the smell of sweat/ build up with mold, just because it's wet. I had build up, but not on the area(bald spot) i didn't put product. I ended up having build up with the area i put shebutter, and those areas because of the build up, didn't really benefit at all from the ghe. With this method though, since you are clarifying before and after, not using heavy product that builds up you wont get build up. I have also done ghe for 2 weeks straight zero product, although i had my hair out for some days during the day. But no mold, that's a myth imo.

For you since your hair is transitioning you probably either 1. need to do an option where the steps will be done all at once, maybe in the evening. 2. You do the steps night and morning, wear the twists or bantu knots for that day as is (or under a scarf, wig, or beanie) and unravel them on the morning of second day hair and wear it out for the next 3 days.

You of course do not DC on days other than when u are doing the full routine. GHE/DC is done as an option of the 5 steps, so it's all done together. So second day hair does not need to be ghe'd that night.

In that case, you can wear you hair for 3 days after you have styled it, instead of the first day you apply product counting as first day hair. If you do your hair for the first week, you can then try to do it everyother day, since it needs to dry for you to wear it out.

For straightening, you could do rollerset with the regimen. Many ppl are able to get a straight look by roller setting and then wrapping the hair at night. But i don't recommend using heat to stetch or straighten the hair. If you must use a dryer, at the very least it should be on cool setting.

Edited by pinkecube - May 20 2014 at 10:13pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by nicoleLP nicoleLP wrote:

pinkecube,

I am currently signed up to participate in a hair challenge using coconut oil.  But I really would like to start the MHM right away.  I was wondering if the method would still work and be effective if:

1. Did a prepoo with coconut oil before the clarifying step (doing a prepoo portion only 2x week)

2. Mix coconut oil in my DC (only adding coconut oil 2x week)

Also for the clarifying step could I use the Kinky Curling Come Clean Moisturizing Shampoo?
Instead of  Olive Oil could i use grapeseed oil when mixing my clay mix?

I just want to use up product that i have so nothing goes to waste.

Thank you

Welcome to the MHM journey, nicoleLP!Smile I'm glad you will be trying this.

1. A prepoo wouldn't be necessary to do before the standard clarifying steps, especially because there are already two clarifying steps in the method(one being step 1 and the other being step 3) and these are gentle, multifunctional methods of clarifying, with deep conditioning in between. It can still be done if you want to do it for your coconut challenge and especially since you are using a shampoo. If you're using shampoo instead of the clarifying steps, maybe you may find prepooing with an oil beforehand to be necessary so it isn't too stripping. So you can do that if you want to based on how it works when you try it for yourself.

2. Yes, you can do that. Try not to put too much oil, because remember oils are not moisturizers, they are lubricants, humectants, and sealants. This oil also happens to be a mild astringent, and a plasticizer(once it is absorbed into the hair cortex it basically acts like a protein) so you don't want too much. Most importantly, if you put too much oils in that step, you can find your hair isn't taking to the deep conditioning as well, because the oils can block the cuticle. That step is really important for absorbing moisture into the cuticle. Especially if you aren't going to be using the bakingsoda step beforehand(which would make sure the cuticle is lifted), that sounds like a lot of uncertain factors that could make it a bit less effective if you overdo it on the oil. In my experience, ghe is effective using conditioner or water. Oils just caused build up if not kept to a minimum. So you can use it, but try not to make it the main thing in your hair, just use a little.

3. Yes instead of olive oil you can use grapeseed oil. Just to let you know, grapeseed can be a bit astringent, so if you feel the clay is is somehow too dry on your hair, or afterward it causes you to have frizz, you may find you want a more oily type of oil.

4. For the Clarifying step, yes you can use the kinky curly shampoo. I have never used this product, so i don't know how strong the clarifying effect of it is. But if you find it too stripping,  maybe you will have to do the coconut oil prepoo step. The ingredients are okay though, for a clarifier. It may be a bit stripping though, based on how many different clarifying agents/astringents there are in it, and how concentrated they are.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 287>
  Share Topic