Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 197>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

i water down the conditioner 4 squirts in 8 oz of water an shake. In the vid it was actually too foamy than i like and dried a bit too soft, causing more shrinkage.

So pinkecube 8 oz will make the conditioner really watery. So how is that conditioning the hair? Is the conditioner effective when its watered down so heavily? This could be why my wash n go's suck cuz I wasn't diluting my conditioners with that much water. I will try it tomorrow and see if I can get flake free hair. Once again thx for posting the video for steps 4 & 5 Big smile.
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

i water down the conditioner 4 squirts in 8 oz of water an shake. In the vid it was actually too foamy than i like and dried a bit too soft, causing more shrinkage.

So pinkecube 8 oz will make the conditioner really watery. So how is that conditioning the hair? Is the conditioner effective when its watered down so heavily? This could be why my wash n go's suck cuz I wasn't diluting my conditioners with that much water. I will try it tomorrow and see if I can get flake free hair. Once again thx for posting the video for steps 4 & 5 Big smile.

no problem. Smileactually even that watered down, it will have slip and be conditioning. Leave in conditioners are usually watered down conditioner anyway. kckt is very very thick. keep in mind my measurements aren't exact. I'm pretty much using the kccc bottle which holds 8 oz, then putting like 4 squirts, and filling it up with water.

But it will still condition the hair, and as you apply the conditioner, that is when ur hair will begin to define, especially if ur hair is getting more and more hydrated.

The important part for defining is getting that conditioner at the roots first. This goes along with what i said awhile ago, about one of the first signs of moisture retention is feeling coils at your roots when you are washing your hair. So applying product ther first and working it in before smoothing it down, helps to get the coil to form root to tip. Even though this vid was long, i do this process in 25-30 minutes.
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 8:19pm
thanks for the reply Pinke

I am usually always in conditioner and a shower cap when at home so this should be easy!

I would like to know the rationale for doing the clay wash after deep conditioning...does the clay not remove all of the conditioning benefits from the previous step?

Would we getvthe same results if we reversed those 2 steps? just a thought
bohomojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bohomojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 9:21pm
What type of raw honey did you use?
There is a liquid form and the crystallized form.

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by natural essence natural essence wrote:

thanks for the reply Pinke

I am usually always in conditioner and a shower cap when at home so this should be easy!

I would like to know the rationale for doing the clay wash after deep conditioning...does the clay not remove all of the conditioning benefits from the previous step?

Would we get the same results if we reversed those 2 steps? just a thought

Haha, i get this question a lot. The bentonite clay step is very important. It will not remove the conditioning benefits from the previous step. really it will add to it. But the importance of the step is to further remove build up and pull toxins from the hair. Step 1 will not remove all of it.

Secondly , it lifts the cuticle, preparing the hair for moisture absorption in the leave in conditioner step.

Third, it conditions the hair and is one of the things that make your curls really pop. I actually skipped the step once out of lazyness on my friend's hair. The difference was a lot. I spent significantly less time having to coax his hair into a curl, it was already curling by the time i rinsed it out, and his hair wasn't white with the conditioner. Areas that didnt curl/define before curled up easy, so the bentonite clay step is important.

Without clay step:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page21.html

With clay step:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page48.html

Also another user Sugabanana discovered she was doing the regimen out of order, and that when she fixed it, she got better results and noticed a difference in how her hair responded.

The benefit of it defining curls is why it is done before the leave in step.

Also, if you were choosing the acv option, it would be even more ineffective to switch the order of the regimen, since acv closes the cuticle.

And, the first clarification step is used primarily to remove gel residue. The first to steps are better at lifting and sliding off the product due to their astringent like properties. The bentonite clay step is a clay. Clay is meant to form a mask on the hair and pull toxins and residue off that way. and you don't want full styling product to already be on your hair when you do it or it won't be as effective.

This is why the order and every step in conjunction is important. In isolation or mixed around, these become just a bunch of random treatments on the hair that won't have their highest potential in working. But done in order, with each step's function accounted for it becomes a system. the puzzle pieces all match up and have a certain function that relies on all the other steps to most efficiently get hydration in the hair. It's very controlled way of moisturizing where you know exactly what you are doing is going to work the same way each time and why. That's why changes and improvement are seen so fast. There's no guesswork. The research has been done, all you have to do is do it.

Edited by pinkecube - May 19 2014 at 9:47pm
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 9:37pm

no problem. Smileactually even that watered down, it will have slip and be conditioning. Leave in conditioners are usually watered down conditioner anyway. kckt is very very thick. keep in mind my measurements aren't exact. I'm pretty much using the kccc bottle which holds 8 oz, then putting like 4 squirts, and filling it up with water.

But it will still condition the hair, and as you apply the conditioner, that is when ur hair will begin to define, especially if ur hair is getting more and more hydrated.

The important part for defining is getting that conditioner at the roots first. This goes along with what i said awhile ago, about one of the first signs of moisture retention is feeling coils at your roots when you are washing your hair. So applying product ther first and working it in before smoothing it down, helps to get the coil to form root to tip. Even though this vid was long, i do this process in 25-30 minutes.
Thx pinkecube for the explanation. I'm going to do all the steps tomorrow so I'll let u no if my results were better with the watered down kckt.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by bohomojo bohomojo wrote:

What type of raw honey did you use?
There is a liquid form and the crystallized form.

Hi bohomojo! I've used both liquid and crystallized for the cherrylola. For the bentonite clay step i use liquid honey.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 9:47pm

Thx pinkecube for the explanation. I'm going to do all the steps tomorrow so I'll let u no if my results were better with the watered down kckt.

no problem, glad i helped.
bohomojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bohomojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 10:06pm
So all together the products cost me about $60 for a year (or more) supply. Is that good?
Also, for straightening & stretching.... how would I go about this?
For the ghe overnight, wouldn't the hair get "moldy" from being damp? My hair does not dry overnight well with a cap on, but taking the cap off would defeat the purpose right?
Since I am transitioning, I need the hair to dry so that the curls on the relaxed ends can curl.

Edited by bohomojo - May 19 2014 at 10:09pm
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 11:18pm
Slightly off topic, but pinke do you think when doing this method we need to trim our ends regularly? I never trimmed my hair in 3 years and my hair grew like 12 inches so I was just wondering if it was really necessary or just a myth
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 197>
  Share Topic