Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 292>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 11:44am
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by natural essence natural essence wrote:

I am going to piggyback off of the last two posters and agree with the shaking of the hair at ether end!

Thanks for the video. I can see now that I may have been too heavy handed with product so today I am going to try the watered down version of the knot today.

My first attempt came out great with lots of definition however, it brought me back to the reason why I had laid off of the kccc....my hair looks like a Jerri curl and the shrinkage is real. For my next attempt I am going to so the method but do flat twists instead of leaving it in its naturally curly state.

My hair is fine and collar bone length stretched so hopefully once I gain more length it will look better.

I am going to attempt to post some pics on here later today
i water down the conditioner 4 squirts in 8 oz of water an shake. In the vid it was actually too foamy than i like and dried a bit too soft, causing more shrinkage.

Ok pinke at first I thought watering down the conditioner was optional, but what you're saying makes sense. So I will try to water mine down more. I've been using conditioner straight out of the bottle for the baking soda step because I don't like mine to be runny. (it's super messy when it's all runny and stuff)

Hi aharri. Yeah it drips, putting on a shower cap and securing the edges with an old scarf or hair wrap helps.
Sponsored Links

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 11:44am
OMG the end was epic. Shake shake shake your body!!!
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 11:45am
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Thanks Pinke the video is very detailed and thoroughClap! Now I know what I've been doing wrong lol. You hair looks absolutely amazing! I just did my hair this morning and this made me want to go back and redo it again cant wait for tomorrow. Im going to watch the video a couple of more times to make sure I get the technique right! Smile btw loved the music as well!
@aharri yup that shaking of her head made me LOLtoo

No problem msdeekay! i'm glad you guys liked it! HahaBig smile

Thanks for the informative answer you gave to natural essence

Edited by pinkecube - May 19 2014 at 12:02pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 11:57am
Originally posted by iheartsmimi iheartsmimi wrote:

pinke-- your hair is gawjus!!! thanks for the demo. you had me rolling at the end too lol.  i am heavy handed with the leave-in so i will water it down much more. does your hair dry crunchy?

Thanks iheartsmimi!!

Actually with this my hair dried really soft. I should've watered it down slightly more, but i didn't see how foamy the conditioner was until i got to the front of my head, and had to slide some of the water out. Usually i do my hair in the mirror and am able to see what im doing.

I could feel some cast, and i had definition, but it dried much softer than i like on first day hair. My hair felt very spongy, almost like i had no product in it. Basically the wetter and slippery your hair feels, and the more foam you see in the conditioner step before you apply gel, the softer your hair will dry.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 11:58am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

OMG the end was epic. Shake shake shake your body!!!

lol! thanks sugabananaLOL
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

Thx pinkecube for posting the video for steps 4 & 5. Ur hair came out great! I see I have some work to do with these last 2 steps. The video was very helpful. I will try it again tomorrow and I will go back to the Kinky curly products cuz I think the conditioner I'm currently using isn't playing nice with either of my gels.

Your welcome, i'm glad this was helpfulSmile
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by natural essence natural essence wrote:

I am going to piggyback off of the last two posters and agree with the shaking of the hair at ether end!

Thanks for the video. I can see now that I may have been too heavy handed with product so today I am going to try the watered down version of the knot today.

My first attempt came out great with lots of definition however, it brought me back to the reason why I had laid off of the kccc....my hair looks like a Jerri curl and the shrinkage is real. For my next attempt I am going to so the method but do flat twists instead of leaving it in its naturally curly state.

My hair is fine and collar bone length stretched so hopefully once I gain more length it will look better.

I am going to attempt to post some pics on here later today

Your welcome natural essence, lol.Smile

If you want a little stretch you can try the stretching options in step 6.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page48.html

If you want to wear flat twists there is nothing wrong with doing that either, just do not skip the gel step, and do not stretch the wash and go longer than 3 days.

Also if you have any lazy days, where you wont have time to do your hair, just do step 1, and then deep condition. Keep the showercap on under your scarf, wig, beanie, whatever. This will keep you retaining moisture until you can complete the other steps. Just make sure that once it gets to 3 days, you repeat step 1 again.

Edited by pinkecube - May 19 2014 at 12:03pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 12:02pm

has anyone tried the GTCG with the KCKT yet?
I think naturaltash tried it. She said the definition was a little better than kccc.
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 12:12pm

I think naturaltash tried it. She said the definition was a little better than kccc.

Can't wait to try it! It will probably take me 3-4 months though to use up my 16 oz jar of KCCC Confused

Edit: Ahh I'm just gonna buy it. My curiosity got the best of me

Edited by aharri23 - May 19 2014 at 12:13pm
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Can't wait to try it! It will probably take me 3-4 months though to use up my 16 oz jar of KCCC Confused

Edit: Ahh I'm just gonna buy it. My curiosity got the best of me
Yea I did try the GTCG with the knot today. I did have better definition but please keep n mind that I'm still struggling with steps 4 & 5. My hair does air dry crunchy with the glaze but once you scrunch out the crunch then it fine. I still like the KCCC too so either one will work with the knot today. The glaze isn't as slimmy as the kinky curly which I like.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 292>
  Share Topic