Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 185>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 6:29am
Sorry for the double post but I kept getting an error.

Today will be my second day doing the method. Can someone clarify a few things for me?
1.Now that I have done the Cherry Lola treatment, this should only be done every two weeks?
2.do I follow all the steps each time I do the method..
3.With the kinky curly product your able to get multiple day hair with it.... understanding that the goal is to get to max hydration..in the sake of time and product wastage is it fine to do this every 2-3days rather than on a daily basis(I dont see how I will be able to fit this in everyday)

Off I go to start step 1(clarify)
thanks

Sponsored Links

msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 6:45am
Originally posted by natural essence natural essence wrote:

Sorry for the double post but I kept getting an error.

Today will be my second day doing the method. Can someone clarify a few things for me?
1.Now that I have done the Cherry Lola treatment, this should only be done every two weeks?
2.do I follow all the steps each time I do the method..
3.With the kinky curly product your able to get multiple day hair with it.... understanding that the goal is to get to max hydration..in the sake of time and product wastage is it fine to do this every 2-3days rather than on a daily basis(I dont see how I will be able to fit this in everyday)

Off I go to start step 1(clarify)
thanks 

1. The Cherry Lola is done every two weeks or more depending on your hair's needs. I just check how well my hair is absorbing moisture and when it seems like it's losing this ability, I do it again because for me that is the sign that my hair needs the treatment. So far I've done it only twice. The first time and three weeks later. Its been more than two weeks since my last treatment and I dont feel the need to do it yet. I'm saying all this to say, it is really up to your preference. You can either do it every two weeks and stick to that regimen or you can asses your particular hair's needs and do it based on that. But it's recommended at least every two weeks.

2. Yes, except for the cherry lola. So after you do the cherry lola the next day, you will do step 1 to 5. That is the full regimen.

3. it is recommended to do the regimen every day for the first week/seven days. After that you can stretch it to 2 - 3 days.
If you dont mind deep conditioning overnight I have found that doing step 1 and 2 in the evening before bed and then step 3, 4 and 5 in the morning is a real time saver.
I also think if you have time in the evenings you can try doing what @iheartsmimi does. She is doing the whole regimen in the evening and then simply refreshing in the morning.
Hope this helps & goodluck Smile looking forward to the pictures.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 7:02am
Thanks for the quick response MsDeekay

I am opting to do step 1 with acv this go around and then alternate between the two.

I wish I could do this every day but it is actually damp and cold where I live and my work schedule right now has me on lock down!

I am going to go back and review what heartsmimi does but I find whenever I go to bed with wet hair I wake up feeling lime I am coming down with a cold... when the weather warms up around these parts I will give that a try

Do you think I will be fine doing a flat twist out after completing the regime instead of leaving it in its curly state?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 7:27am
Sorry ladies for all the posts..all of these thoughts have popped into my head!
I am also wondering if I could adopt the kimmaytube leave in for step 4 of the method which is adding avj, castor and jojoba oil to the knot today.

Has anyone used any other gel than the kccc with this method so far and gained results? Contemplating to mix up some flax gel to compare the results
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 8:08am

I am going to piggyback off of the last two posters and agree with the shaking of the hair at ether end!

Thanks for the video. I can see now that I may have been too heavy handed with product so today I am going to try the watered down version of the knot today.

My first attempt came out great with lots of definition however, it brought me back to the reason why I had laid off of the kccc....my hair looks like a Jerri curl and the shrinkage is real. For my next attempt I am going to so the method but do flat twists instead of leaving it in its naturally curly state.

My hair is fine and collar bone length stretched so hopefully once I gain more length it will look better.

I am going to attempt to post some pics on here later today
i water down the conditioner 4 squirts in 8 oz of water an shake. In the vid it was actually too foamy than i like and dried a bit too soft, causing more shrinkage.
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 8:12am
Thx pinkecube for posting the video for steps 4 & 5. Ur hair came out great! I see I have some work to do with these last 2 steps. The video was very helpful. I will try it again tomorrow and I will go back to the Kinky curly products cuz I think the conditioner I'm currently using isn't playing nice with either of my gels.
iheartsmimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 9:57am
@aharri yessir! i will stop 6/8 and then go into PS mode (u-part wig) for a month and start again in July with only doing it 2-3 times a week. 

wow msdee your hair is looking greatClap 

welcome all of the newbies to the challenge!! yesterday was my 7 day mark and its getting easier doing the steps.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 10:08am
pinke-- your hair is gawjus!!! thanks for the demo. you had me rolling at the end too lol.  i am heavy handed with the leave-in so i will water it down much more. does your hair dry crunchy?

Edited by iheartsmimi - May 19 2014 at 10:10am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 10:09am
has anyone tried the GTCG with the KCKT yet?
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 11:26am
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

I am going to piggyback off of the last two posters and agree with the shaking of the hair at ether end!

Thanks for the video. I can see now that I may have been too heavy handed with product so today I am going to try the watered down version of the knot today.

My first attempt came out great with lots of definition however, it brought me back to the reason why I had laid off of the kccc....my hair looks like a Jerri curl and the shrinkage is real. For my next attempt I am going to so the method but do flat twists instead of leaving it in its naturally curly state.

My hair is fine and collar bone length stretched so hopefully once I gain more length it will look better.

I am going to attempt to post some pics on here later today
i water down the conditioner 4 squirts in 8 oz of water an shake. In the vid it was actually too foamy than i like and dried a bit too soft, causing more shrinkage.

Ok pinke at first I thought watering down the conditioner was optional, but what you're saying makes sense. So I will try to water mine down more. I've been using conditioner straight out of the bottle for the baking soda step because I don't like mine to be runny. (it's super messy when it's all runny and stuff)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 185>
  Share Topic