Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 276>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 12:17am
msdeekay i dont think its posted here. Lemme post it then

Sponsored Links

Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 10:23am
Thx pinkecube for the video. I'm on week 2 and I'm definitely seeing improvement with my hair. However, I'm still having issues with step 4 & 5. Every time I try to do step 4 & 5 combined I get white hair & it doesn't matter what products I use. The only time I didn't have white hair is if I apply my leave in then sit under my heat cap for 20 min then apply my gel. I know everyone's hair is different but I'm realizing combining steps 4 & 5 isn't working for me. Also once my wash n gos air dry it just looks like a fro. It just looks sad so I have to end up bunning it or turning it into a braid out. I really need to figure out how to do a wash n go. I've watched numerous youtube videos to get some ideas. Maybe my expectations of my wash n go's are too high. Pinkecube, I do appreciate all of your suggestions and help thus far. I'm not going to give up cuz I am seeing some curls that are hydrating and for the first time in history I'm able to wear my hair out without it drying out!
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

Thx pinkecube for the video. I'm on week 2 and I'm definitely seeing improvement with my hair. However, I'm still having issues with step 4 & 5. Every time I try to do step 4 & 5 combined I get white hair & it doesn't matter what products I use. The only time I didn't have white hair is if I apply my leave in then sit under my heat cap for 20 min then apply my gel. I know everyone's hair is different but I'm realizing combining steps 4 & 5 isn't working for me. Also once my wash n gos air dry it just looks like a fro. It just looks sad so I have to end up bunning it or turning it into a braid out. I really need to figure out how to do a wash n go. I've watched numerous youtube videos to get some ideas. Maybe my expectations of my wash n go's are too high. Pinkecube, I do appreciate all of your suggestions and help thus far. I'm not going to give up cuz I am seeing some curls that are hydrating and for the first time in history I'm able to wear my hair out without it drying out!

Naturaltash, hi.

I think that if you are still having problems with step 4 and 5, then you are not watering down your conditioner enough. When i apply my conditioner, it is not white on my hair. By that i mean the conditioner is not white at all when i initially apply it. It is very watery and drips a lot, but i still feel slip and am able to work the conditioner in my hair until my hair starts to define.

What you are describing sounds like your hair is already foaming with conditioner as you apply the gel. This is also what is causing your hair not to clump, because the thicker application of conditioner you use, the softer your hair dries and the less clumping you get.

Right now i'm actually doing my hair, i'm almost half way through step 4 and 5. I'm going to start recording the process, and post it on here today. It isn't gonna be the best video, but i will make it so you can see how watery my conditioner looks, and how it looks as i apply it to my hair. You do not want a foaming effect in the leave in step. The foaming effect is something you want to have in the DC or B.S. step. So i will make that video today, post it on yourtube, and then post it onto here. I've been in that fro stage, and it's trial and error, and also development of moisture retention.
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Naturaltash, hi.

I think that if you are still having problems with step 4 and 5, then you are not watering down your conditioner enough. When i apply my conditioner, it is not white on my hair. By that i mean the conditioner is not white at all when i initially apply it. It is very watery and drips a lot, but i still feel slip and am able to work the conditioner in my hair until my hair starts to define.

What you are describing sounds like your hair is already foaming with conditioner as you apply the gel. This is also what is causing your hair not to clump, because the thicker application of conditioner you use, the softer your hair dries and the less clumping you get.

Right now i'm actually doing my hair, i'm almost half way through step 4 and 5. I'm going to start recording the process, and post it on here today. It isn't gonna be the best video, but i will make it so you can see how watery my conditioner looks, and how it looks as i apply it to my hair. You do not want a foaming effect in the leave in step. The foaming effect is something you want to have in the DC or B.S. step. So i will make that video today, post it on yourtube, and then post it onto here. I've been in that fro stage, and it's trial and error, and also development of moisture retention.
My conditioner is watered down but I may not be watering it down enough. How do I no what's the right consistency? For example should it be super watery? What's the water to conditioner ratio? 
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 3:04pm

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Naturaltash, hi.

My conditioner is watered down but I may not be watering it down enough. How do I no what's the right consistency? For example should it be super watery? What's the water to conditioner ratio? 

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page26.html

Here's a pic. It's about 2 oz. a little over than half an inch. 4-5 squirts. You will know if it is too watery, if after you shake it and the foam rises again, you can see through the conditioner. Also, if it is too watery to where the slip is gone. I'm gonna start editing the clip as soon as i run an errand, then post it, but it will be up today. I think it will clear a lot of things up about my technique.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 12:02am
Step 4 and 5 tutorial

sorry if it's too long i wanted it to be shorter, but i still wanted to show enough detail.
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 12:06am
Oh my god I was rolling at the end when you started shaking your head left and right LOL Thanks for the video.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 12:11am
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Oh my god I was rolling at the end when you started shaking your head left and right LOL Thanks for the video.

lol, no problem aharri
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 3:13am
Thanks Pinke the video is very detailed and thoroughClap! Now I know what I've been doing wrong lol. You hair looks absolutely amazing! I just did my hair this morning and this made me want to go back and redo it again cant wait for tomorrow. Im going to watch the video a couple of more times to make sure I get the technique right! Smile btw loved the music as well!
@aharri yup that shaking of her head made me LOLtoo
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 6:21am
I am going to piggyback off of the last two posters and agree with the shaking of the hair at ether end!

Thanks for the video. I can see now that I may have been too heavy handed with product so today I am going to try the watered down version of the knot today.

My first attempt came out great with lots of definition however, it brought me back to the reason why I had laid off of the kccc....my hair looks like a Jerri curl and the shrinkage is real. For my next attempt I am going to so the method but do flat twists instead of leaving it in its naturally curly state.

My hair is fine and collar bone length stretched so hopefully once I gain more length it will look better.

I am going to attempt to post some pics on here later today
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style