Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 258>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 8:35pm
Thanks Pinkecube. I have a few questions regarding SOME PRODUCTS IN MY STASH. I did not realize that I am almost out of kccc and may not have enough to do my entire head. I am in a pinch and would like to know if any of these two gels would be fine to use.

Earth tones naturals moisture gelly

Purified Water, Aloe vera juice, Glycerin, Sodium PCA, Bamboo extract, Sea kelp extract, Silk amino acids, Panthenol, Xanthan gum, Dehydroxanthan gum, Fragrance, Paraben-free preservative

Neutrlab Cocoa Curl PH balancing moisture gel

water(aqua), propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Helianthis Anuus (sunflower) seed oil, polyquaternium-37, VP/VA Copolymer, Phenyl Trimethicone, Theobroma Cacao (cocoa) butter. Butyospermum Parkii)shea) butter, Simmondisia Chinensis(jojoba) seed oil, lanolin oil, aleurites moluccana (kukui) seed oil, Tocopherol (vitamin e) acetate, propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, diazolidinyl Urea, ppg-1 trideceth-6, fragrance (parfum) methylparaben, propylparaben, yellow 5(CI19140, Red 40(CI 16035, Blue(CI 42090)

In terms of the first gel I think the only ingredient that may counteract the effects of max hydration would be the glycerin...the cocoa curls I am seeing a lot of red flags..polyquats,paraben,trimethicone..

Is that correct?As well I have the teat tree tingle con by trader joes which is supposed to be ok as well and elucence moisturizing conditioner. Here are the ingredients for the elucence

Panax Ginseng root extract, cetraria islandia (Irish Moss) extract, saccharomyces cerevisiea (Brewer's Yeast) extract, Gingko Biloba extract, pimpinella anisum (Anise) fruit extract, prunis persica (Peach) extract in purified water, hexadecanol, stearakonium chloride, certimonium bromide, Squalane (olive oil lipid), Capric Caprillic Triglycerides (coconut fatty acids), Panthenol (pro-vitamin USP), Biotin (USP), imisazolidinyl urea, methylparaben (USP), fragrance

Sorry for all the questions. I want to set my self up for success as I would like to finally reap the benefits of wash and go hair
Sponsored Links

msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2014 at 3:26am
Welcome to @naturalessence and @afroangel Clap happy to see more people trying and looking forward to the pictures and documentations.

btw just wanted to let everyone know especially @Pinkecube I also received some testimonials on the regimen video I think I'll do a screenshot and send it to your email incase you want to use them on the Maxhydration site.

@iheartsmimi I also wanted to do it straight everyday until I reach maximum hydration the only thing that is setting me back is running out of products and having to wait for them to arrive. I'll be rooting for you on your challenge.

I also just wanted to share my wash and go from yesterday

Pinke I have a question, I have started noticing root to tip definition when wet on some of my hair strands however when my hair is completely dry they frizz up and lose some definition. What does this mean? or what could I be doing wrong? or what is causing this?
ms.sherre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms.sherre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2014 at 10:05am
Hi, im very interested to start the max hydration method,but i have a question, it might sound dumb but i need to get a understanding before i mess up my hair or   waste unnecessary ingredients..lol. So   after i do the cl treatment as the prep step,do i wait until the next day to do the daily routine of the 6 steps?..

Edited by ms.sherre - May 17 2014 at 10:20am
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2014 at 10:29am
Originally posted by ms.sherre ms.sherre wrote:

Hi, im very interested to start the max hydration method,but i have a question, it might sound dumb but i need to get a understanding before i mess my hair or   waste unnecessar iingredients..lol. So   after i do the cl treatment as the prep step,do i wait til the next day to do the daily routine of the 6 steps?..
Hi ms sherre so happy that you will be joining in tmhm Clap below are the steps you will be doing right after the cherry lola
Rinse out completely with warm/hot water
Continue with the rest of the MHM regimen but skip step 1

Therefore: 
Step 2: Cowash& finger detangle
Green House Effect /deep condition overnight directly after rinsing out the treatment with botanical MHM approved conditioner.
Step 3: Clay rinse
Steps 4 and 5 will be done as you go along section by section
Step 4: Leave in Conditioner
Step 5: Apply Botanical Gel of your choice
ms.sherre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms.sherre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2014 at 12:00pm
Ok thank you soo much!!
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2014 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by natural essence natural essence wrote:

Thanks Pinkecube. I have a few questions regarding SOME PRODUCTS IN MY STASH. I did not realize that I am almost out of kccc and may not have enough to do my entire head. I am in a pinch and would like to know if any of these two gels would be fine to use.

These gels may not give you the results u r looking for because they do have some drying ingredients. It will be hard to retain moisture using them. If you want to do the regimen now, until you get your gel, do step 1 with bakingsoda, and deep condition overnight and during the day. When you go out you can wear a scarf or wig over the shower cap, redoing step 1 only every 2-3 days. This way you won't have any set backs and you'll still be building up moisture retention. Once you get your gel, just continue with the rest of the steps from the bentonite clay step. This is what i do on lazy days or when i run out of product.

I bolded the problem ingredients:

Earth tones naturals moisture gelly

Purified Water, Aloe vera juice, Glycerin, Sodium PCA, Bamboo extract, Sea kelp extract, Silk amino acids, Panthenol, Xanthan gum, Dehydroxanthan gum, Fragrance, Paraben-free preservative

Neutrlab Cocoa Curl PH balancing moisture gel
(I wouldn't use this)

water(aqua), propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Helianthis Anuus (sunflower) seed oil, polyquaternium-37, VP/VA Copolymer, Phenyl Trimethicone, Theobroma Cacao (cocoa) butter. Butyospermum Parkii)shea) butter, Simmondisia Chinensis(jojoba) seed oil, lanolin oil, aleurites moluccana (kukui) seed oil, Tocopherol (vitamin e) acetate, propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, diazolidinyl Urea, ppg-1 trideceth-6, fragrance (parfum) methylparaben, propylparaben, yellow 5(CI19140, Red 40(CI 16035, Blue(CI 42090)

The conditioner is okay, but it does have panthenol( though it is in the last few ingredients) i would avoid that in my conditioners because they are very prone to building up and causing symptoms of moisture overload(waxy, gummy feeling). They are very good at blocking the cuticle from the inside and sticking to it, so that can make it act like a protein in the hair. (hard, frizzy feeling)This can be problematic if u'll be DCing a lot as it will really absorb into your hair and can be resistant to removal.

elucence moisturizing conditioner.
Panax Ginseng root extract, cetraria islandia (Irish Moss) extract, saccharomyces cerevisiea (Brewer's Yeast) extract, Gingko Biloba extract, pimpinella anisum (Anise) fruit extract, prunis persica (Peach) extract in purified water, hexadecanol, stearakonium chloride, certimonium bromide, Squalane (olive oil lipid), Capric Caprillic Triglycerides (coconut fatty acids), Panthenol (pro-vitamin USP), Biotin (USP), imisazolidinyl urea, methylparaben (USP), fragrance

Edited by pinkecube - May 17 2014 at 2:39pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2014 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

btw just wanted to let everyone know especially @Pinkecube I also received some testimonials on the regimen video I think I'll do a screenshot and send it to your email incase you want to use them on the Maxhydration site.

Pinke I have a question, I have started noticing root to tip definition when wet on some of my hair strands however when my hair is completely dry they frizz up and lose some definition. What does this mean? or what could I be doing wrong? or what is causing this?

Hi, Msdeekay, Wow! Great results!ClapBig smile Congratulations on seeing root tip definition, i'm glad to hear you are seeing even more signs of increased moisture retention. This is a big step forwardBig smile

I think the frizzing up is caused because of a combination of over-clumping, and also the hair isn't completely max hydrated yet. You can still get root to tip definition before having actual max hydration, so the results will get better. By that point your product free hair will already show that definition after the bentonite clay step, so the hair will have less frizz once moisture builds up more and more.

I found a few things that have helped though, is really making sure i rake and smooth through and separate those coils in the gel step. Otherwise, two different coil clumps will want to stick together and that means it will shrink up funny looking and stuck together in a frizz clump.

Another thing that has helped, is during my bentonite clay step, making sure to really thoroughly get it on each and every curl clump. The ending result will look like a wash and go but with clay, the coils will be very separate and defined. Once you rinse out, your curls will hold the clumps better and be more separated in time for when you apply conditioner.

Lastly, make sure you aren't getting too soft a feeling in your wash and go. This can be controlled by how wet your hair feels before you apply the gel. If your hair feels so soft it feels like there is no product, your results may be more frizzy looking upon shrinkage.

Edited by pinkecube - May 17 2014 at 2:01pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2014 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by ms.sherre ms.sherre wrote:

Hi, im very interested to start the max hydration method,but i have a question, it might sound dumb but i need to get a understanding before i mess up my hair or   waste unnecessary ingredients..lol. So   after i do the cl treatment as the prep step,do i wait until the next day to do the daily routine of the 6 steps?..

Welcome, Ms.sherre!
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2014 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Hi, Msdeekay, Wow! Great results!ClapBig smile Congratulations on seeing root tip definition, i'm glad to hear you are seeing even more signs of increased moisture retention. This is a big step forwardBig smile

I think the frizzing up is caused because of a combination of over-clumping, and also the hair isn't completely max hydrated yet. You can still get root to tip definition before having actual max hydration, so the results will get better. By that point your product free hair will already show that definition after the bentonite clay step, so the hair will have less frizz once moisture builds up more and more.

I found a few things that have helped though, is really making sure i rake and smooth through and separate those coils in the gel step. Otherwise, two different coil clumps will want to stick together and that means it will shrink up funny looking and stuck together in a frizz clump.

Another thing that has helped, is during my bentonite clay step, making sure to really thoroughly get it on each and every curl clump. The ending result will look like a wash and go but with clay, the coils will be very separate and defined. Once you rinse out, your curls will hold the clumps better and be more separated in time for when you apply conditioner.

Lastly, make sure you aren't getting too soft a feeling in your wash and go. This can be controlled by how wet your hair feels before you apply the gel. If your hair feels so soft it feels like there is no product, your results may be more frizzy looking upon shrinkage.

Yes I'm so happy with the progress, actually I'm seeing the root to tip definition in some areas after the bentonite clay step which is so exciting LOL 

I agree with your assessment especially the over clumping, I do have sections of my hair that clump and stick together. I admit when in a hurry I don't really take the time to separate each curl, so that may be the cause. I'm also confused how much to separate I guess. Ok I guess I'll have to try that with the bentonite clay and be more careful separating the curls when applying gel & conditioner. Thanks PinkeBig smile
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2014 at 11:00pm
Hey Pinke, I dont remember where exactly but I think I remember you posted some videos of aketafitgirl and I think some other two youtubers the technique they use when they do the wash and go. The leave in and gel part. If it was here on the forum do you remember what page it was. I tried going back but I couldnt find it.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 258>
  Share Topic