Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 272>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iheartsmimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 1:57pm
wow!! impressive results!!!

do you think its better to do the DC overnight? i can't do that because i work full time so i have been doing all of the steps when i get home from work. the first few pages of this post you mentioned the crunchy feeling. is there anyway to avoid it while still maintaining moisture? i know you mentioned applying a bit of oil... 
Sponsored Links

aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 2:27pm
Did my hair today, here are the results

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by iheartsmimi iheartsmimi wrote:

wow!! impressive results!!!

do you think its better to do the DC overnight? i can't do that because i work full time so i have been doing all of the steps when i get home from work. the first few pages of this post you mentioned the crunchy feeling. is there anyway to avoid it while still maintaining moisture? i know you mentioned applying a bit of oil... 

Either DC or Steam/hooded dryer are the best options, mixing warm/hot water into your conditioner and letting it sit for at least 10 minutes will suffice. It will still work, but i think the other two are definitely more effective. Just know that if you are doing that option, you must do the bakingsoda step before for the best results. This will ensure your cuticle is getting lifted and absorbing the moisture in the next step. The thing i think made the most difference in this case was doing all the steps, where as last time i skipped the bentonite clay step. So this demonstrates how important it is to do all the steps, and in order.

Edited by pinkecube - May 14 2014 at 3:40pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Did my hair today, here are the results

Thanks for posting pics, aharri. Wow, I see a lot of definition and curls popping from root to tip too! Great results!!

Edited by pinkecube - May 14 2014 at 3:38pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 9:37am
btw guys, I noticed awhile back that when i warmed trader joes in the microwave directly, the conditioner looked lumpy in my hands. I wasn't able to edit that in the first post, though.  So if you want to warm the conditioner, you have to warm water(or tea) separately and then add it. The conditioner going directly into the microwave does something weird to the consistency, makes it coagulate and look lumpy. I also think some of the water from the conditioner evaporates during that process. So since we're watering down the conditioner anyway, just warm the water (or tea) separately and pour it in after. That will get you the best results. Sorry i forgot to mention that.

I don't warm my conditioner in the leave in step, but it certainly is a good option to try. Just make sure you do it the way above or your hair can dry white and flaky.

Edited by pinkecube - May 15 2014 at 9:39am
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 10:49am
WOW love seeing all the pictures!!! thnx @Pinke for sharing your current hair photos and your friend's hair also thanks to @aharri for your updated wash and go..All the curls are looking great!!!

@iheartsmimi thanks for sharing your technique of doing it in the evening I might try doing that on days that my mornings are busy and resort to doing the overnight thing during the weekends when I have more time.
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 11:51am
Thanks msdeekay and pinke!

As far warming the conditioner in the microwave, I've had success using the original formulation of the conditioner (not the watered down version) and I only heat it up for 6-8 seconds. It seems to work fine. I tried heating up a watered down version of KCKT and it was a mess. LOL
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Thanks msdeekay and pinke!

As far warming the conditioner in the microwave, I've had success using the original formulation of the conditioner (not the watered down version) and I only heat it up for 6-8 seconds. It seems to work fine. I tried heating up a watered down version of KCKT and it was a mess. LOL

Yeah, for the watered down version it's best to warm the water only and then pour it in. Then the conditioner gets warmed once the warm water gets mixed in, instead of warming it together which makes it lumpy. Kwicherbichen actually made tea and just poured it in. That way the consistency doesn't get messed up. I found with the teatree tingle, watered down or not it was lumpy. But this problem doesn't occur heating the water first.

Edited by pinkecube - May 15 2014 at 12:42pm
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 7:40am
Hi Ladies,
I have been following the post from the sidelines and am finally going to take the plunge!
I am currently in the midst of taking down some box braids and would like to know which steps to follow after I thoroughly detangle. Would I follow the entire steps or concentrate more on the cherry Lola/caramel treatment?
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 7:44am
Oops! I should have also included that I am a fine haired natural with a mixture of 4b/c texture.

The conditioners that I have in my stash currently is the trader Joes tea tree tingle and the moisturizing line along with elucence moisturizing conditioner.

I also have both the Bragg's liquid amino and coconut amino for the cherry Lola treatment.... has anyone found that they achieve netter results with the Bragg's versus any other liquid amino?

I am eager to see my curls pop!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style