Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 288>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2014 at 2:52pm
Thx pinkecube. I will try to see if I can upload a couple of pics soon.
Sponsored Links

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2014 at 2:53pm
I'm going to return it back to the store.

paigedah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote paigedah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 7:12am
I just had a break through and come to share some tips. When I first started I skipped the cherry lola treatment and my hair was still dry and not retaining any moisture, and I wondered why, I was about to give up. Then it clicked to me if your isnt retaining
Moisture then you need to do a protein treatment, then it clicked tome that the cherry lola was a mild protein treatment also, so I mixed up one put it on and immediately I saw definition even in the frizzy hair, so im waiting to wash this out and continue with the regimen. Im low porosity so I havent touched protein in almos5 a year, but even low porosity hair can benefit from it every once in a while, so my tip is if after doing the regimen and your still not retaining moisture try the cherry lola or a mild protein, I see now it is a vital step.

another thing I would add to cut down cost try baby food with the deep conditioner step, low porosity hair generally likes banana baby food and I also recommend mango, my hair liked this even more than kckt!

moisture
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 7:47am
Originally posted by paigedah paigedah wrote:

I just had a break through and come to share some tips. When I first started I skipped the cherry lola treatment and my hair was still dry and not retaining any moisture, and I wondered why, I was about to give up. Then it clicked to me if your isnt retaining
Moisture then you need to do a protein treatment, then it clicked tome that the cherry lola was a mild protein treatment also, so I mixed up one put it on and immediately I saw definition even in the frizzy hair, so im waiting to wash this out and continue with the regimen. Im low porosity so I havent touched protein in almos5 a year, but even low porosity hair can benefit from it every once in a while, so my tip is if after doing the regimen and your still not retaining moisture try the cherry lola or a mild protein, I see now it is a vital step.

another thing I would add to cut down cost try baby food with the deep conditioner step, low porosity hair generally likes banana baby food and I also recommend mango, my hair liked this even more than kckt! moisture
Yay That's great paigedah that you didnt just give up and you decided to try the cherry lola Clap and it worked. I know a lot of people are really scared of protein but the cherry lola is actually a mild protein treatment and it should also help lift up the cuticles and allow the hair to absorb the moisture better.

I just wanted to add in case others are trying the regimen and something is not working out and are about to give up please ask here on the forum and we will help you troubleshoot what is going on. You can even PM Pinke and I'm sure she would be glad to help with suggestions as to why things may not be working.

Thanks so much paigedah for the update I hope everything will go smoothly from now on.Big smile

Edited by msdeekay - May 13 2014 at 2:27pm
iheartsmimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 9:31am
i am on day 3 . here is a brief recap of what i am experiencing:

day 1 (sunday): sunday afternoon 1st time wearing a wash n go in years. at night i put on my satin cap did not twist it up or anything just let it be. i used the KCKT as my conditioner to steam with and as my leave-in

day 2 (monday): woke up to dry crunchy hair in the morning. i misted with water to revive it a bit but it still dried crunchy and it was shrunken throughout the day. i did the regimen at night but used trader joes conditioner to steam with and KCKT as my leave in. i twisted my hair in big sections put on my satin cap and went to bed

day 3 (tuesday):  i undid the twists, misted a bit with water, fluffed and go. my hair is not as crunchy and it's still stretched and my curls are defined. i will continue to use the tj condish with my steamer and use KCKT only as my leave-in

i am noticing my roots are beginning to become defined after i washed my clay out last night

Edited by iheartsmimi - May 13 2014 at 9:35am
iheartsmimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 9:46am
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

@iheartsmimi thanks for sharing your results. Your hair looks great so far, cant wait to see how it goes after doing this for a longer period of time. BTW what is GTCG. I also have really bad edges and I have noted a major improvement in them. Whereas before there was no hair there at all, then I started noticing some baby hair there, now it seems like some of the hair in that area is just really shorter than the rest of my hair. So Yah my edges are definitely growing :)

thanks msdee! that is great news to hear. its been a struggle trying to grow these edges in thicker so your testimony gives me hopeSmile
Bunnybanx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnybanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 8:33pm
I don't know where I went wrong after I did the bentonite clay rinse step and washed it out I ended up with white gunky patches at the roots Cry that are like glue I don't want a set back. has anyone else experienced this or knows what happened ?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Bunnybanx Bunnybanx wrote:

I don't know where I went wrong after I did the bentonite clay rinse step and washed it out I ended up with white gunky patches at the roots Cry that are like glue I don't want a set back. has anyone else experienced this or knows what happened ?

Hi Bunnybanx! Try this mixture, and make sure you thoroughly shake it, and afterward, thoroughly rinse it out of your hair, section by section.

mix ingredients:

• 1 cup pure clay powder

• 2-3 cup warm water

• 1 tablespoon of honey

• 1 tablespoon of olive oil

I think you probably made it too thick. If you have any other issues feel free to ask them here, that's what this forum is for. Many of the issue you guys could be having can be the result of a few misundertandings and u can easily fix them

Edited by pinkecube - May 13 2014 at 8:52pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 11:44am
Okay guys, i found time to upload some pictures. Here are the stetched wash and go from a couple weeks ago. This is what i do for step 6. I will eventually upload pictures of style stretching i do. I'm also going to upload the pictures of the boy's hair i did last time, finally. So I just kind of french roll the hair and clip it. To sleep the same can be done but with bobby pins to secure and then a sleeping bonnet or scarf. But the idea is to tuck a roll the section, and it's faster too. btw, i didn't stretch all the hair, because i wanted more of a bob thing. I left it in for 15-20 minutes

Then i decided to style it

Edited by pinkecube - May 14 2014 at 4:11pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 1:06pm
These are the results on my friend's head, doing all the steps this time. I noticed a significant difference this time. Also, his hair seemed to have been softer with deep conditioning overnight than last time, when i just did warm conditioner for 10 minutes. This time after the bentonite clay step i immediately saw definition, instead of before when i didnt see much definition until after the gel was put in and a lot of coaxing. I didn't have to work the curl as much, they defined very quickly. There were areas that did not define at all last time that defined very easily this time around.

This is his second time doing the regimen. To compare to the results from last time, see:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page21.html

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page24.html

Before: Wet, no product, after deep conditioning and rinsing it out. Lots of strands just seem to be pure kink, and no curl.

Wash and go

The front of his hair, had practically no definition before

Edited by pinkecube - May 14 2014 at 1:12pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 288>