Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 175>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nebhnebh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nebhnebh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 12:23pm
^^^ Congrats on the Website!  
Sponsored Links

Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 12:59pm
@ pinkecube what actually are you looking for when you say that you examine your curls after the bentonite step? I'm just trying to get a better understanding of what to look for after rinsing.
pinkecube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by nebhnebh nebhnebh wrote:

^^^ Congrats on the Website!  

Thanks, nebhnebh Smile
pinkecube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

@ pinkecube what actually are you looking for when you say that you examine your curls after the bentonite step? I'm just trying to get a better understanding of what to look for after rinsing.

So after ur hair is completely rinsed, you are looking for signs of increased moisture retention, and strands that have max hydration. The earliest signs of moisture retention i noticed, is when you touch your roots, you will feel coils/ bumps.

The visible signs are just how much clumping you have. For example, some strands even though wet, may not clump at all. Others will clump just at the tips. Others will clump a 4th of the way up the strand, others half way up the strand, and others will clump all the way to the roots(max hydration).

It being able to do that with no product and your hair is completely clean, just a bit wet, shows that your hair is weighing down from the inside of your hair cortex, due to retained moiture in the cortex, allowing the curl to become uniform without product.

As you begin to do this regimen, the more times you repeat the regimen, the more you will notice the clumps move up some of your hair strand. So for me each time i do my hair, i check after the bentonite clay rinse for progress.

Once the strand has clumped all the way up to the tip, you have reached max hydration. The goal is to see that progress increase all over your head, and eventually reach max hydration all over your hair strands. Some strands will get there faster than others, they don't all reach max hydration at the same time.

You will find that at this point, your hair even if you let it dry, once it has reached max hydration the root to tip definition stays. And as you define your curls, they will pop as if you had put gel in it, when you have only applied conditioner. So basically getting definition during styling is easier.

Heres a video that demonstrates total max hydration:

Edited by pinkecube - May 11 2014 at 1:23pm
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

So after ur hair is completely rinsed, you are looking for signs of increased moisture retention, and strands that have max hydration. The earliest signs of moisture retention i noticed, is when you touch your roots, you will feel coils/ bumps.

The visible signs are just how much clumping you have. For example, some strands even though wet, may not clump at all. Others will clump just at the tips. Others will clump a 4th of the way up the strand, others half way up the strand, and others will clump all the way to the roots(max hydration).

It being able to do that with no product and your hair is completely clean, just a bit wet, shows that your hair is weighing down from the inside of your hair cortex, due to retained moiture in the cortex, allowing the curl to become uniform without product.

As you begin to do this regimen, the more times you repeat the regimen, the more you will notice the clumps move up some of your hair strand. So for me each time i do my hair, i check after the bentonite clay rinse for progress.

Once the strand has clumped all the way up to the tip, you have reached max hydration. The goal is to see that progress increase all over your head, and eventually reach max hydration all over your hair strands. Some strands will get there faster than others, they don't all reach max hydration at the same time.

You will find that at this point, your hair even if you let it dry, once it has reached max hydration the root to tip definition stays. And as you define your curls, they will pop as if you had put gel in it, when you have only applied conditioner. So basically getting definition during styling is easier.

Heres a video that demonstrates total max hydration:

Thank u pinkecube for that explanation. I am noticing some hydrated curls and some that are forming at the ends of my hair. I'm excited to see what my hair will look like once I reach max hydration. Thx for the video too.
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 3:40pm
For all of you asking how my mom felt about the cherry lola treatment. I asked her she said her hair felt thicker and the conditioner seemed to soak into her hair instantly (she did a DC after) but she says she'll need to try it again to note any improvements
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 4:20pm
pinkie also what is the reasoning behind mixing the cherry lola and caramel treatment? Is it better than just doing the original cherry lola?
pinkecube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

pinkie also what is the reasoning behind mixing the cherry lola and caramel treatment? Is it better than just doing the original cherry lola?

It's just a modified version of the regular treatment, that combines both the caramel treatment and the cherry lola treatment together. The caramel treatment has conditioning properties, the cherry lola lifts the cuticle, and overall it also is a mild protein treatment. I found my hair felt softer when i rinsed out this version of the treatment.
iheartsmimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 8:12pm
pinke congrats on the website!

here are my day 1 pics since i don't think i will be able to upload my entire progress for the 1st week due to work/school/family

ETA: the day before prior to any treatment. let hair air dry with no products

wet with KCKT & KCCC

wet with KCKT & KCCC 

completely dry after a few hours

completely dry after a few hours

Edited by iheartsmimi - May 12 2014 at 4:34am
pinkecube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by iheartsmimi iheartsmimi wrote:

pinke congrats on the website!

here are my day 1 pics since i don't think i will be able to upload my entire progress for the 1st week due to work/school/family

Thanks, iheartsmimi.

That's fine, you only need a before pics, and then an after pics on the 7th day result. It's good to see your pictures!! your hair looks great! ClapClap Thanks for sharing!

Edited by pinkecube - May 11 2014 at 8:30pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 175>