Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 288>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

@aharri did your mom try the cherrylolacaramel treatment? how did it workout for her? Just curious since you said she has relaxed hair.

Yeah, did she try it? how did that go?
Sponsored Links

Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Congratulations on your first week inClap Did you try any of the stretching techniques on step 6? How is the condition of your hair like so far? I'm also a month in but ( I dont really count it a month doing the regimen straight since I've had some time in between where I've run out of products and I've had to improvise with the GHE during this time) 
Otherwise I do agree with Aharri I have also noticed length retention and better moisture retention. I've barely had any knotting. My wash and go technique and clumping of the curls is also getting better. I'm not sure if this is due to the fact that the condition of my hair is getting better or is it because Im actively doing my hair regularly and now Im getting better at the technique.
Thx msdeekay! Yea I've tried some of the techniques on step 6 but I didn't like how my turned out. The condition of my hair is improving. My hair doesn't seem to shed as much, my breakage has slowed down, my hair doesn't seem to swell, & I'm starting to see more curl definition sporadically thru out my hair. I still need to work on my wash n go technique. My hair still isn't air drying as soft as I like, but I'm sure it'll improve with this reggie.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Congrats on your first week! I'm about a month in and my hair is super moisturized and everytime I re-do my wash and go every 2-3 days I see some length rentention and little to none shed hairs. I also haven't had any SSK's or split ends. My twist outs were a big fail so I only do wash and goes. Keep us updated on your progress! 
Thx aharri23! I hope each week that my hair will improve.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Congrats on completing the full week! Clap You might want to try the step 6 stretching options too, like french rolling and pinning. Doing that also helps the hair fall the way you want it and gives it a better shape. I may post pictures of how i do that step for a better visual.

Or rolling and clipping in place with a shower clip. How's the definition, do you see improvement?
I think a visual would be helpful cuz I'm having a hard time with the stretching techniques in step 6. So far I still prefer adding 8 twist after defining my curls. Its not a twist out cuz my hair is still damp it has my natural curl pattern.

I do see a slight improvement with my hair. When I rinse under water, its so easy to detangle my hair now. I have some strands that are hydrated and feels silky. I have a ways to go before I reach max hydration. I think it might take me at least 3 months to achieve max hydration. My curl definition isn't all the way there yet which is why I hate my wash n gos! I'm hoping this reggie will help my curls pop.
What products are you currently using with this reggie? Are u still using the kinky curly products?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

Congrats on completing the full week! Clap You might want to try the step 6 stretching options too, like french rolling and pinning. Doing that also helps the hair fall the way you want it and gives it a better shape. I may post pictures of how i do that step for a better visual.

Or rolling and clipping in place with a shower clip. How's the definition, do you see improvement?
I think a visual would be helpful cuz I'm having a hard time with the stretching techniques in step 6. So far I still prefer adding 8 twist after defining my curls. Its not a twist out cuz my hair is still damp it has my natural curl pattern.

I do see a slight improvement with my hair. When I rinse under water, its so easy to detangle my hair now. I have some strands that are hydrated and feels silky. I have a ways to go before I reach max hydration. I think it might take me at least 3 months to achieve max hydration. My curl definition isn't all the way there yet which is why I hate my wash n gos! I'm hoping this reggie will help my curls pop.
What products are you currently using with this reggie? Are u still using the kinky curly products?

Yup, the knot today conditioner and the kccc gel.  Yeah, i'll post some pics by monday. Keep up the regimen, and those curls will just clump more and more. A gradual process, but soon every wash you'll notice slight changes.

Especially after the hair hair is completely clarified in the bentonite clay step, that's when i always check to see how much moisture retention is there.

The 4b and 4c strands take longer but they do get there. I have a bunch of 4c's and 4b's that max hydration now.  the 4a strands get there the fastest. The definition will start from the tips and gradually get more defined up the strand.

And different areas will have different levels of that clumping, and take more time to start moving up the strand. Once it clumps like 25% up the strand, getting definition is noticeably easier, and gets extremely easy once it curls all the way from the root.

But keep it up, those changes once you look back are going to be well worth sticking to the regimen. Just think everytime you do your hair it's not just as a style, but actively gaining something by improving the state and health of your hair.
iheartsmimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 10:49am
Hello everyone!

so i couldn't take it any longer and decided to start. i did the modified CL treatment yesterday but forgot to dc but i was still very impressed with my results. i'll remember to DC when i do this again in 2 weeks. right now i am under the steamer ready getting ready to do my clay wash. i will do this for 7 days straight and upload pics of my progress

reading everyone's results is so exciting. i can't wait to see the progression 6 months from now

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 10:52am
on the GTCG website it claims you don't need to use a conditioner when using the gel-pinke do you think this is okay?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 10:55am

Originally posted by iheartsmimi iheartsmimi wrote:

Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

***Sits patiently and waits for step by step video/tutorial on this method. I've been doing all the steps except the gel part everyday. I don't leave my hair out.  I get major clumping but no curl action. it could be due to the shortness. I'll wait. I can tell you one thing I've noticed. My edges are slicker than a babies bottom when I use any type of edge control.  

Sugabanana i sent you a private message on an alternative regimen. It's called the Max Hydration Hair Growth and Bald Spot Recovery Regimen. Udo's also going to be making a free ebook out of it soon. It's ideal since you can't put gel on your hair since it's too short to be an effective sealant. Plus, you don't have to leave your hair out, and your new growth will grow out of your head with max hydration.

the bolded- is this only for naturals who have short hair?

hi iheartsmimi. Not necessarily. It it just convenient for those who have bald spots, or if their hair isn't long enough to put gel, since sealing in moisture is important, and you can't use gel on a bald spot. It's basically the Max hydration method, but adjusted to focus on hair growth.

okay. my edges are bad and i have tried everything trying to grow them back in. hopefully this will work on growing in those spots. 
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 11:12am

on the GTCG website it claims you don't need to use a conditioner when using the gel-pinke do you think this is okay?
Yeah don't belive that. Gel forms a cast. You need to use gel as a sealant, not a moisturizer. Kccc says the same about their gel, keep using the leave in under. It's very important.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 11:27am

Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

***Sits patiently and waits for step by step video/tutorial on this method. I've been doing all the steps except the gel part everyday. I don't leave my hair out.  I get major clumping but no curl action. it could be due to the shortness. I'll wait. I can tell you one thing I've noticed. My edges are slicker than a babies bottom when I use any type of edge control.  

Sugabanana i sent you a private message on an alternative regimen. It's called the Max Hydration Hair Growth and Bald Spot Recovery Regimen. Udo's also going to be making a free ebook out of it soon. It's ideal since you can't put gel on your hair since it's too short to be an effective sealant. Plus, you don't have to leave your hair out, and your new growth will grow out of your head with max hydration.

the bolded- is this only for naturals who have short hair?

hi iheartsmimi. Not necessarily. It it just convenient for those who have bald spots, or if their hair isn't long enough to put gel, since sealing in moisture is important, and you can't use gel on a bald spot. It's basically the Max hydration method, but adjusted to focus on hair growth.

okay. my edges are bad and i have tried everything trying to grow them back in. hopefully this will work on growing in those spots. 

When it comes to edges, the regular regimen will work just fine. My edges have been filling in and curling up/ clumping, same with my widow's peak, which never grew or curled before. For edges you'll retain length. Baldspots however, are difficult, and alot of the time ppl don't feel comfortable wearing their hair out.

and that's why the regimen is there to focus on growing those in, with out having to wear you hair. But it is also a good alternative for when you don't feel like doing your hair, or can't, b/c you don't have gel. That way even if ur having a lazy day/ week, you are still retaining moisture while doing so. Udo just sent me the rough of the ebook and it looks great so far, and i'm making a video presentation to go along with it, that will be on the main website. http://maxhydrationmethod.com
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 288>
  Share Topic