Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 250>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Hi Dee! great job on the video! Loved how you went into detail about all the function of the ingredients.

Thanks Pinkecube, I figured most people like me will have heard of some of the things for the first time and will be wondering why they are important or where to get them LOL
Sponsored Links

msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by BitterSweet85 BitterSweet85 wrote:

@Aharri23

this is the blackstrap i buy. I take it as a supplement also. Significant source of calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium and selenium. Hair health starts from the inside!

And you cant go wrong with braggs acv. It's a household staple. I take a few tablespoons daily. It keeps the colds away..

Yes i read about the blackstrap and was considering taking it as a supplement as well :) 
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Hey y'all. Thanks for the suggestions. I got most of the products at vitamin shoppe for pretty cheap. I have the cherry lola treatment in my hair as we speak

First off it was quite an experience doing this the first time. I didn't know what to do with the avocado so i sliced it in half and took the green stuff out (3/4 tbsp) since I didnt have a blender I did the best I could to mix the ingredients but there were some clumps in my mixture 

pinkie my hair is short so I only used like 1/6 of my mixture, I put it in the fridge is this ok?

Oh lord lol I hope this cherry lola works!

I was also confused about the avocado lol If you saw in my video I kinda just used a spoon I dont think I was 100% accurate LOL My hair is also very short and I had a lot left over(I didnt mention this in the video but in my blog post) I stored the rest in the fridge and I used it one more time after the first time and it was still fine.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 11:05pm

Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

@aharri23 good to know you like aztec healing clay better. I just made mine today cuz I'm finally out of my terresentials. It does seem like more work making your own clay mix but it is cheaper than the terresentials. I hope I like mine too. How are you storing your leftovers?

I made a huge mess today trying to put it in an applicator bottle Confused never doing that again so I put mine into a tuppaware bowl and covered it with a top. I'm leaving mine in my bathroom under the sink because im pretty sure clay doesn't need to be refrigerated and whenever I reuse I'll add a little  water so that the clay can be reactivated

I'm not going to repurchase terressentials again because $30 is too much for my budget

I do the same, I store mine in a glass container and leave it under my sink. In the morning I add some water to bring it to the right consistency. I agree @Naturaltash1 it can be a little more work but it is much cheaper.

Pinkecube how do terressentials and other companies like naturalicious keep the clay in liquid form?
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

@aharri23 good to know you like aztec healing clay better. I just made mine today cuz I'm finally out of my terresentials. It does seem like more work making your own clay mix but it is cheaper than the terresentials. I hope I like mine too. How are you storing your leftovers?

I made a huge mess today trying to put it in an applicator bottle Confused never doing that again so I put mine into a tuppaware bowl and covered it with a top. I'm leaving mine in my bathroom under the sink because im pretty sure clay doesn't need to be refrigerated and whenever I reuse I'll add a little  water so that the clay can be reactivated

I'm not going to repurchase terressentials again because $30 is too much for my budget

It isn't as messy if you put all the ingredients separetly in stead of mixing it first and then pouring it in. Now i just roll up some scrap paper into a funnel, and slowly pour the powder from the measuring cup on the funnel paper. It slides in neat. Then pouring the other ingredients after is easy. Then i shake to mix. I found mixing first and then pouring it into the showersoap bottle was super messy. But in the bottle makes it easier to apply and store without worrying about spilling.
ahh great tip will try this next time :)
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

I made a huge mess today trying to put it in an applicator bottle Confused never doing that again so I put mine into a tuppaware bowl and covered it with a top. I'm leaving mine in my bathroom under the sink because im pretty sure clay doesn't need to be refrigerated and whenever I reuse I'll add a little  water so that the clay can be reactivated

I do the same, I store mine in a glass container and leave it under my sink. In the morning I add some water to bring it to the right consistency. I agree @Naturaltash1 it can be a little more work but it is much cheaper.

Pinkecube how do terressentials and other companies like naturalicious keep the clay in liquid form?

It has to do with the emulsifying agents in the ingredients that keep it from separating. I'll pin point them l8r. But that way the clay stays perpetualy wet, and doesn't dry up.
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 10:40am
Ok so I've finally finished a full week of washing daily and I'm so glad its over! Lol! It's very time consuming during the work week for me. It could be cuz my hair is almost BSL and it takes me forever to add stuff to my hair. My wash n go's still are a big fat fail! I hate hate them! Lol! So after I finish step 4 & 5, I now put 8 twist in my hair to stretch it and to make it look half way decent. It still keeps my curl definition so it just looks like a stretched wash n go. My shrinkage is out of control cuz it shrinks up to my chin! So I like this technique better and that's what I'm going to stick with until I reach max hydration.
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 2:10pm

Ok so I've finally finished a full week of washing daily and I'm so glad its over! Lol! It's very time consuming during the work week for me. It could be cuz my hair is almost BSL and it takes me forever to add stuff to my hair. My wash n go's still are a big fat fail! I hate hate them! Lol! So after I finish step 4 & 5, I now put 8 twist in my hair to stretch it and to make it look half way decent. It still keeps my curl definition so it just looks like a stretched wash n go. My shrinkage is out of control cuz it shrinks up to my chin! So I like this technique better and that's what I'm going to stick with until I reach max hydration.

Congrats on your first week! I'm about a month in and my hair is super moisturized and everytime I re-do my wash and go every 2-3 days I see some length rentention and little to none shed hairs. I also haven't had any SSK's or split ends. My twist outs were a big fail so I only do wash and goes. Keep us updated on your progress!
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 3:04pm

Congrats on your first week! I'm about a month in and my hair is super moisturized and everytime I re-do my wash and go every 2-3 days I see some length rentention and little to none shed hairs. I also haven't had any SSK's or split ends. My twist outs were a big fail so I only do wash and goes. Keep us updated on your progress!

Congratulations on your first week inClap Did you try any of the stretching techniques on step 6? How is the condition of your hair like so far? I'm also a month in but ( I dont really count it a month doing the regimen straight since I've had some time in between where I've run out of products and I've had to improvise with the GHE during this time) 
Otherwise I do agree with Aharri I have also noticed length retention and better moisture retention. I've barely had any knotting. My wash and go technique and clumping of the curls is also getting better. I'm not sure if this is due to the fact that the condition of my hair is getting better or is it because Im actively doing my hair regularly and now Im getting better at the technique.

@aharri did your mom try the cherrylolacaramel treatment? how did it workout for her? Just curious since you said she has relaxed hair.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 9:33pm

Congrats on completing the full week! Clap You might want to try the step 6 stretching options too, like french rolling and pinning. Doing that also helps the hair fall the way you want it and gives it a better shape. I may post pictures of how i do that step for a better visual.

Or rolling and clipping in place with a shower clip. How's the definition, do you see improvement?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 250>
  Share Topic