Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 187>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

pinkie my baking soda mixture is really runny when using the watered down conditioner, is it supposed to be like this?

As long as the conditioner still foams well when you shake, and you still feel slip when you touch it, yes it is fine. If you feel the mixture has no slip, then add less water. I usually just eye the ratio of conditioner to water. I do add slightly less water for my bakingsoda mixure.
Sponsored Links

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 1:39pm
***Sits patiently and waits for step by step video/tutorial on this method. I've been doing all the steps except the gel part everyday. I don't leave my hair out.  I get major clumping but no curl action. it could be due to the shortness. I'll wait. I can tell you one thing I've noticed. My edges are slicker than a babies bottom when I use any type of edge control.  
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

***Sits patiently and waits for step by step video/tutorial on this method. I've been doing all the steps except the gel part everyday. I don't leave my hair out.  I get major clumping but no curl action. it could be due to the shortness. I'll wait. I can tell you one thing I've noticed. My edges are slicker than a babies bottom when I use any type of edge control.  

Hi sugabanana
if you aren't doing the gel step, then nothing is sealing in the moisture. So u wont get curl definition. Curl definition with out the use of gel comes with doing the method and having built up moisture retention levels.

With out sealing in the moisture you aren't going to be building up moisture retention as quickly or effectively. Maybe once your hair grows out to almost an inch this will work better.

As for the vid tutorial, Msdeekay is doing some soon. And I'm trying to get it done as well. I may try giving filming a second go today and see if it isnt a fail.

Edited by pinkecube - May 06 2014 at 1:50pm
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 2:26pm
Hello all. I'm a new member and I've joined because of this thread. I've been having issues with my natural hair since I've been on my journey which is almost 4 yrs. I've started this regimen a few days ago and initially it didn't go well for me. It was my fault cuz my technique was off and my hair didn't respond well to the knot today. However, after speaking with pinkecube I think I've finally figured it out. I also wanted to add I have normal porosity and I'm more of a type 4 a/b. I'm on day 4 today and yesterday I could see curls forming on the ends of the fuzzy part of my hair. Thank you pinkecube for all your help.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

Hello all. I'm a new member and I've joined because of this thread. I've been having issues with my natural hair since I've been on my journey which is almost 4 yrs. I've started this regimen a few days ago and initially it didn't go well for me. It was my fault cuz my technique was off and my hair didn't respond well to the knot today. However, after speaking with pinkecube I think I've finally figured it out. I also wanted to add I have normal porosity and I'm more of a type 4 a/b. I'm on day 4 today and yesterday I could see curls forming on the ends of the fuzzy part of my hair. Thank you pinkecube for all your help.

Hi Naturaltash! Welcome to the forum! I'm happy that you are finally beginning to see signs of moisture retention! Keep it up!
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 10:33pm
Happy to see all the new faces giving this a try Big smile welcome to paigedah,  chey & Naturaltash1 Clap 
and extremely excited we are even having non low porosity type 4c giving this a try and it's working out for them too Big smile
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 10:41pm

Hey Sugabanana, happy to see you're still here and trying this, hadn't seen you post for a while. It's also great that your starting to see some progress with the clumping and the edges.

aharri did a video showing how he does everything, if you go a couple of posts back you can see that. 

Im currently in the middle of shooting and editing a couple of demos. I will be breaking them down into one step at a time because I don't want them to be super long. But this week Ill have the cherry lola demo up, Ill embed it here for easier access. It takes a while shooting and editing so it will take a while to have all the steps up but I will have them eventually.

Hopefully Pinke will also be able to upload hers soon :) thanks for patiently waiting Wink
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by kwicherbichen kwicherbichen wrote:

Hey all! I finally started the regimen 4 days ago. Firstly, I gotta say my hair has never been so manageable when I wash it. I've never had such a "easy to run the comb through" moment on a day-to-day basis. Usually when I detangle, it is like I never detangled the day before. There would just be a plethora of tangles every where everyday.

Fortunely, I'm not one of those 4Cs who have never seen my curl pattern but that is just because I have been willing to pay $10 for a bottle of natural organic shampoo from Kinky Curly.

The challenge I am being met with is the gel. My hair feels amazing up until I put the gel and it dries. I just saw the technique you've been using to apply gel, Pinky.

I think it would really behoove us to eventually get some videos showing HOW to do the technique. There are too many little details that need to be considered such as do you put the conditioner on the whole head or in sections? And then the issue of how much leave-in do you put in before the gel?

I really really want to have the clumping yall are getting. I am so jealous. It's only been 4 days, but I want clumping!!! I am going to start doing the clipping technique. Step 6.

You put the conditioner on your hair in sections, as you go along and then gel. So basically step 4 and 5 are done section by section, not one after the other.

Yes, i'm trying to get a good time to film at my cousins' house for the regimen. I tried filming myself and it was a fail. half the shots were out of frame since i was not facing the camera. I want to do it properly, and to do that it's easier to set a date with my cousin. But it isn't easy for me to get to her house, and to find a time in line with her work schedule. 
Msdeekay is actually going to do a tutorial of how to do the whole regimen soon. And aharri has already done one about how he does the regimen.

but yeah, the gel does not feel crunchy at all for me. You really have to experiment with the amount of conditioner u add, and that will make the gel dry as soft or as hard as you want. Even if i made a video, the amount is something you determine on your own head. Just focus on it being evenly distrubuted from the tips to the roots. As for the clumping, make sure to apply that gel from the tips to the roots, and enough so it feels slippery on the shaft so u know the cast is being formed. Also make sure you are making thin enough sections, and smooth, pinch, and rake.

Pinke can you explain the amount of conditioner vs the gel drying soft or hard?
So more conditioner gel will be soft and  less conditioner the gel will be hard?
Does this matter if the conditioner is too watery or not? Say I put more conditioner but its too watery what will be the effect of the gel, vs putting more conditioner but its thicker

Edited by msdeekay - May 06 2014 at 10:51pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 9:19am
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Pinke can you explain the amount of conditioner vs the gel drying soft or hard?
So more conditioner gel will be soft and  less conditioner the gel will be hard?
Does this matter if the conditioner is too watery or not? Say I put more conditioner but its too watery what will be the effect of the gel, vs putting more conditioner but its thicker

Hi msdeekay
Well, the conditioner can be watery(hence watering it down)but it shouldn't be so watery where it has no slip and does not foam. So it's important that it doesn't get watery to the point where the slipperyness and slight thickness is completely gone.

Watering it down helps so that you get even distribution. The idea is that your hair is wet with the conditioner, and you seal it right after with the gel. The wetter your hair feels, the softer the gel will dry.

But if your hair is too wet, you'll end up having more frizz than normal, and having to apply more gel than normal. Your hair would end up so soft with okay definition, but not the best. And it would get messed up easily. It would pretty much feel like their is no gel at all in your hair by the time it dries.

So the effect with thick and watered down conditioner is pretty much the same, only watering down the conditioner means your hair is not white with product, and dries a bit faster, and the conditioner is easier to evenly distribute.

Edited by pinkecube - May 07 2014 at 9:19am
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 9:32am

Sugabanana i sent you a private message on an alternative regimen. It's called the Max Hydration Hair Growth and Bald Spot Recovery Regimen. Udo's also going to be making a free ebook out of it soon. It's ideal since you can't put gel on your hair since it's too short to be an effective sealant. Plus, you don't have to leave your hair out, and your new growth will grow out of your head with max hydration.

Edited by pinkecube - May 07 2014 at 9:33am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 187>