Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 288>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2014 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by paigedah paigedah wrote:

How about taliah waajid lock it up gel instead of kccc because when my hair dries it loses some definition and doesnt look shiny and is kind of dry, I think it is the aloe and agave in it. The back of my head is taken well to it, even to clumps of max hydration but the front isnt budging

Welcome, paigedah!

I love this question, because what ur describing sounds just like my head. Of course, now that actually doesn't happen anymore. I believe this is a combination of moisture retention and technique. Here are some tips.

Yes, the kccc will dry frizzy at first. The reason why is the aloe. The trick is to first make sure you are applying enough so that you feel slip. Then instead of acting like an astringent, it acts like a sealant and forms an evenly distributed cast. Also make sure you apply enough conditioner(water it down) for your hair to feel wet.

The second trick is to make sure that as you get to the "frizzy" section, you are applying it in thinner sections. tighter curl section and shorter sections need to have product applied in thinner sections, and properly smoothed an raked to prevent over clumping. Do not be afraid to do a lot of smoothing and raking to separate the coils. Otherwise they over clump and stick into larger sections. These sections will clump more frizzy.

You also want to make sure you are evenly distributing the product in all step that you do.  This is especially important in the bentonite clay step. It will almost look like you defined your curls during that step, and your whole head will be saturated in the clay.

Lastly, be patient. This method works to increase moisture retention levels over time. So the effect is accumulatory. I didn't start to get major clumping near my edges until just a couple weeks ago. Every time you do this regimen, more moisture is retained. The more moisture that is retained, the more weight your hair has, and the more uniform ur coils get. So stubborn areas may just be the areas that most need to build up moisture retention. Eventually, they catch up. So try to repeat the regimen as often as possible. This is why i encourage ppl to do it everyday 4 the first week.

If you still do not want to use kccc just look up the list of recommended gels (18). http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page8.html

I do not recommend that Taliah gel because it has TEA and a formaldehyde releaser. It will probably end up even more drying and can cause hair loss b/c of the TEA which forms lye in all waterbased products(i have personal experience with this).

Edited by pinkecube - May 04 2014 at 4:21pm
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2014 at 5:06pm
The arrival of clumping is solely reliant on how many times you do the regimen. So you'll have the first 7 consecutive regimen run throughs, and you will see a substantial difference compared to ur hair before.

After that, the next 7 regimen run throughs(not necessarily consecutive, can be done every 1-3 days) you notice another substantial improvement. You could have gotten majority of root to tip definition by then, with some stubborn drier areas.

The most important thing is to observe your product free wet hair after the bentonite clay rinse step. This is when i see which places are beginning to retain moisture. It will start fastest on the looser coils, and the coils that already have some clumping ability.

The definition will start from the tips. And when you touch ur scalp, you'll be able to feel coils on your fingertips. The more you repeat the regimen, look at ur hair wet after the bentonite clay rinse.

Once u notice the tips start clumping, it will move up the strand. Eventually leading to max hydration. I think when the strand clumps about 1/4 of the way, you will notice an improvement in clumping.

Remember this regimen is about building up moisture. Anyone can just slap a bunch of product on their hair and try to force each individual curl to coil with various techniques, but they all have their limit.

That's why this method focuses on building up moisture, because that's the only way those 4c areas will define and become more manageable. So yes, it will be easier for the looser coils to clump first. This is because by nature they have more curl uniformity. There are less bends in the hair for torsion twists and kinks to form from light-weightedness. Plus they may naturally absorb moisture better.

If you have mixed curl patterns you will notice a difference in the speed u get max hydration. It may also surprise you to see what u thought was the highest potential of your 4a areas, to have improved even more as you continue the method.
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 10:46pm
pinkie I want to try making my own clay mixture since terressentials is expensive, and im not sure if my hair likes aloe vera.

For the olive oil included in the recipe, do you mean extra virgin olive oil or just regular olive oil?

Also lets say I mix it in a bowl, and don't use the whole mixture. Can I transfer it to an applicator bottle and just shake it when I need to use it? I'm confused as to how I would reuse the mixture, because im sure it would get dry after 2-3 days
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

pinkie I want to try making my own clay mixture since terressentials is expensive, and im not sure if my hair likes aloe vera.

For the olive oil included in the recipe, do you mean extra virgin olive oil or just regular olive oil?

Also lets say I mix it in a bowl, and don't use the whole mixture. Can I transfer it to an applicator bottle and just shake it when I need to use it? I'm confused as to how I would reuse the mixture, because im sure it would get dry after 2-3 days

hey aharri. I use extra virgin olive oil.

Yes you can definetly transfer it to an applicator bottle. I myself just pour all the ingredients straight into an empty 32oz liquid shower soap bottle, then I shake to mix. When i use it i just squeeze it out on each section of hair and distribute it thoroughly on my hair. When the clay dries up and thickens the next day, just add a little more water(as much as it takes) and shake. Simple.
Chey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 11:57pm
I'm sorry i didn't read through all 37 pages, but is this okay for high porosity hair? my hair is high porosity so it will dry out after using a cotton t on my hair.. I'm looking for something to help correct it while moisturizing..
if not, can this be modified some how for high porosity hair?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 12:07am
Hi, Chey!

yes, it will work for high porosity hair. Everyone with curly/ coily hair has cuticles and everyone's hair needs moisture. This regimen works simply with how the hair works, an controls every aspect. Plus, the last 2 steps are effective in closing and sealing the cuticle, which is the main issue for high porosity hair.

You can experiment with which clarification option works best for you. But at the end of the day this regimen will work no matter your porosity, it just with low porosity 4c and 4b hair, this method is the only way to get max hydration. Other hair types may get max hydration using this method as well, it may even be quicker.

Edited by pinkecube - May 06 2014 at 12:09am
iheartsmimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 9:09am
what if your hair is colored? will the baking soda make the hair dye dull faster?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 10:41am
Originally posted by iheartsmimi iheartsmimi wrote:

what if your hair is colored? will the baking soda make the hair dye dull faster?

Think about the bakingsoda almost like shampoo but much more gentle. You are using it to remove gel residue and product residue from the previous day's wash and go, which is very important. and it lifts your cuticle so when you deep condition, conditioner gets absorbed.

The mixture isn't going to make your hair stripped, so it will not speed up the hair color fading as fast as a regular shampoo. If the cuticle being lifted causes color to fade, then the bentonite clay rinse would also cause color to fade, so it would be unavoidable as long as u r cleaning your hair.

Edited by pinkecube - May 06 2014 at 10:42am
iheartsmimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iheartsmimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 11:47am
this makes sense! i really want to deposit red to certain areas of my hair (single process only) but i am wondering if it would be worth it since i am going to be washing my hair more frequently. i normally wash my hair 1x a week but with this method i will be doing it 2x a week (every 3 days)-- 
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 12:07pm
pinkie my baking soda mixture is really runny when using the watered down conditioner, is it supposed to be like this?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 288>
  Share Topic