Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair
 

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 291>


Bootiful Cream



Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kwicherbichen View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Sep 25 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 1804
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 9:41pm
Hey all! I finally started the regimen 4 days ago. Firstly, I gotta say my hair has never been so manageable when I wash it. I've never had such a "easy to run the comb through" moment on a day-to-day basis. Usually when I detangle, it is like I never detangled the day before. There would just be a plethora of tangles every where everyday.

Fortunely, I'm not one of those 4Cs who have never seen my curl pattern but that is just because I have been willing to pay $10 for a bottle of natural organic shampoo from Kinky Curly.

The challenge I am being met with is the gel. My hair feels amazing up until I put the gel and it dries. I just saw the technique you've been using to apply gel, Pinky.

I think it would really behoove us to eventually get some videos showing HOW to do the technique. There are too many little details that need to be considered such as do you put the conditioner on the whole head or in sections? And then the issue of how much leave-in do you put in before the gel?

I really really want to have the clumping yall are getting. I am so jealous. It's only been 4 days, but I want clumping!!! I am going to start doing the clipping technique. Step 6.
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
kwicherbichen View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Sep 25 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 1804
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 9:51pm
Also wanted to share how I do the deep conditioner.

I opt to do the 10 minutes of warm conditioner. This is how I do it and I LOVE the results. It works better than most 1-hour DEEP conditioners I've used and even the GHE (for me... I just have found that GHE is not effective for me unless it is a very high quality deep conditioner that I'm using).

I boil water for tea and put my tea bags in the boiling water.
I pour my tea and drink it, lol but I leave a little tea water left
I pour my conditioner into a bowl and pour my boiling tea water into the bowl and start mixing it (I mix it with my afro pick lol)

The conditioner is now very warm AND infused with herbal tea. I put that baby on and my hair feels so amazing with it on. The best detangler for me! 

It makes me sad to wash it out.
Back to Top
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 02 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 6168
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by kwicherbichen kwicherbichen wrote:

Also wanted to share how I do the deep conditioner.

I opt to do the 10 minutes of warm conditioner. This is how I do it and I LOVE the results. It works better than most 1-hour DEEP conditioners I've used and even the GHE (for me... I just have found that GHE is not effective for me unless it is a very high quality deep conditioner that I'm using).

I boil water for tea and put my tea bags in the boiling water.
I pour my tea and drink it, lol but I leave a little tea water left
I pour my conditioner into a bowl and pour my boiling tea water into the bowl and start mixing it (I mix it with my afro pick lol)

The conditioner is now very warm AND infused with herbal tea. I put that baby on and my hair feels so amazing with it on. The best detangler for me! 

It makes me sad to wash it out.


Great technique!
Back to Top
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 02 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 6168
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by kwicherbichen kwicherbichen wrote:

Hey all! I finally started the regimen 4 days ago. Firstly, I gotta say my hair has never been so manageable when I wash it. I've never had such a "easy to run the comb through" moment on a day-to-day basis. Usually when I detangle, it is like I never detangled the day before. There would just be a plethora of tangles every where everyday.

Fortunely, I'm not one of those 4Cs who have never seen my curl pattern but that is just because I have been willing to pay $10 for a bottle of natural organic shampoo from Kinky Curly.

The challenge I am being met with is the gel. My hair feels amazing up until I put the gel and it dries. I just saw the technique you've been using to apply gel, Pinky.

I think it would really behoove us to eventually get some videos showing HOW to do the technique. There are too many little details that need to be considered such as do you put the conditioner on the whole head or in sections? And then the issue of how much leave-in do you put in before the gel?

I really really want to have the clumping yall are getting. I am so jealous. It's only been 4 days, but I want clumping!!! I am going to start doing the clipping technique. Step 6.


You put the conditioner on your hair in sections, as you go along and then gel. So basically step 4 and 5 are done section by section, not one after the other.

Yes, i'm trying to get a good time to film at my cousins' house for the regimen. I tried filming myself and it was a fail. half the shots were out of frame since i was not facing the camera. I want to do it properly, and to do that it's easier to set a date with my cousin. But it isn't easy for me to get to her house, and to find a time in line with her work schedule. 
Msdeekay is actually going to do a tutorial of how to do the whole regimen soon. And aharri has already done one about how he does the regimen.

but yeah, the gel does not feel crunchy at all for me. You really have to experiment with the amount of conditioner u add, and that will make the gel dry as soft or as hard as you want. Even if i made a video, the amount is something you determine on your own head. Just focus on it being evenly distrubuted from the tips to the roots. As for the clumping, make sure to apply that gel from the tips to the roots, and enough so it feels slippery on the shaft so u know the cast is being formed. Also make sure you are making thin enough sections, and smooth, pinch, and rake.

Back to Top
msdeekay View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 18 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 3028
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2014 at 5:05am
YAY kwicherbichen Clap happy that you've finally started the regimen and you're starting to have a better time with your hair in general. Don't worry the clumping will come, I think as your hair builds up it's moisture levels the clumping will get better eventually. Although the technique also matters. Parting the sections in really small narrow sections and making sure that the sections are really wet helps. 
I've realized with this method since you do your hair so frequently you get to intimately know your hair and with time you will know what to do to get better results. It will just come instinctually and maybe the fact that the hair get's more moisturized as time goes helps too.
I will be posting videos of me doing the regimen one step at a time because I dont want it to be too long and I can only record short clips at a time on my phone. But yah it would be great when Pinke can manage to coordinate with her cousin to shoot her technique so we can see how she is doing it since she has been doing it for a while now & she's the pro LOL
Back to Top
aharri23 View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: Mar 05 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 1880
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2014 at 8:52am
pinkie do you use watered down conditioner for step 1?
Back to Top
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 02 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 6168
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2014 at 9:51am
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

pinkie do you use watered down conditioner for step 1?
yes, it is watered down for all the steps. 1/3-1/4 cup of conditioner, 1-2 tblspn of B.S., and then 4-5 oz of water and shake.
Back to Top
aharri23 View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: Mar 05 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 1880
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2014 at 2:13pm
pinke can oyin handmade hair dew be used in this regimen?

Ingredients: Water, Ricinus communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Olea europaea (Olive) Oil, Aloe barbadensis Leaf Juice (Organic), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentremonium Methosulfate (emulsifier derived from Colza Oil), Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Phynoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol (preservative), Cetyl Alcohol, Fragrance.

The only problem ingredient I see is coconut oil but its pretty far down the list
Back to Top
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 02 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 6168
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2014 at 2:33pm
should be fine, if u don't have a problem with aloevera or coconut. Other than that i do see a paraben, phynoyethanol.
Back to Top
paigedah View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 14 2010
Location: Nassau
Status: Offline
Points: 2022
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paigedah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2014 at 12:29pm
How about taliah waajid lock it up gel instead of kccc because when my hair dries it loses some definition and doesnt look shiny and is kind of dry, I think it is the aloe and agave in it. The back of my head is taken well to it, even to clumps of max hydration but the front isnt budging
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 291>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down